What's new

Muslim priests at 900-yr-old Shiva temple in Kashmir

My point is, India has a unique ability to integrate every religion into its rich culture. If u notice, the events happened in that article took place centuies before 1947. The secularism is in the blood of INDIA ever since its existance-not a 1947 thing.

A fatwa isn't necessary. Because it is basics..unless the Muslim is "*****" then he needs some "tableegh".

Then Dr. Abdul Kalam should be put in the same catagory because each day he read one verse from Koran and one from Gita.

A fatwa isn't necessary. Because it is basics..unless the Muslim is "*****" then he needs some "tableegh".

It was issued on a Muslim Actor for attending a puja.

----

Anyways in Mumbai I know many Muslims who donate money and attend Ganesh Prayers every year.

Then Dr. Abdul Kalam should be put in the same catagory because each day he read one verse from Koran and one from Gita.

There is nothing wrong with reading. Believing is another thing, which i am sure he doesn't.

It was issued on a Muslim Actor for attending a puja.

----

Anyways in Mumbai I know many Muslims who donate money and attend Ganesh Prayers every year.

They dont pray to Ganesh do they.. Please tell me they dont..otherwise they are really messed up.:argh:

They dont pray to Ganesh do they.. Please tell me they dont..otherwise they are really messed up.:argh:

The article too doesnt say they PRAY.They r maintaining the temple as it is the property of the state archaeology, archives and museum department and a protected monument. The word FAITH doenst necessarly means PRAYING.

The article too doesnt say they PRAY.They r maintaining the temple as it is the property of the state archaeology, archives and museum department and a protected monument. The word FAITH doenst necessarly means PRAYING.

My quote doesnt belong to the article. The quote was a question to shravan.

^^ No i was just saying the article doesnt say they pray at the temple, they r just maintaining it as it was their duty. Doing their job little more honestly thatz all it is.

I of course meant Shiva.. i dont consider it a lord. Thats why i said.."whatever that is" to not hurt anybody. But seems like somebody got hurt. I will still say..A Muslim cannot have "faith" in Shiva, because it is non-existent to its religion. This has nothing to do with secularism. The guy is mis-guided, ignorant, or somebody who is Half-Hindu. The later being more appropriate.

Oh no, I dont get hurt so easily, for I am very comfortable with what I practice/believe. I can say that too about majority of people who follow what I follow. I do ask priests a lot of questions which may be considered blasphemy in other religions, and I always get the answers! So I am happy. On the contrary, how would you feel if I said a similar thing about Allah- pbuh? "You see a Hindu does not believe in it, whatever it is". [oh boy, am I gonna get banned or what. No offense meant to anyone]

I find it amusing that Muslims have to be given tableegh if they even acknowledge any idol. Are they scared that masses may stray? If they are scared, then why? How come Hinduism does not have problems if Hindus pray at Mosques or Churches? No Hindu priests calls for the "offender's" blood.

Btw I can safely presume that you have no idea about Hinduism, whatsoever! You will be surprised to know, if you sweat a bit, that many of Islamic and Christian basics/beliefs are very similar to tenets of Hinduism. And Hinduism is like 5000-10,000 yrs old while Christianity and Islam are like 2000 & 1400 yrs old respt.

Like Christians, Muslims too believe in the holy trinity. Right? So what do you think is Trimurti, personified by the forms of Brahma the creator, Vishnu the maintainer or preserver, and Shiva the destroyer or transformer.And the concept of one and only God:
Brahman
the Brahman is the unchanging, infinite, immanent, and transcendent reality which is the Divine Ground of all matter, energy, time, space, being, and everything beyond in this Universe in the Hindu religion.[1] The nature of Brahman is described as transpersonal, personal and impersonal by different philosophical schools.

Brahman is the Absolute Reality or universal substrate (not to be confused with the Creator god Brahmā.) It is said to be eternal, omnipotent, omniscient, omnipresent, and ultimately indescribable in human language. The sage-seers of the Upanishads had fully realized Brahman as the reality behind their own being and of everything else in this universe.
Isnt that how you would describe Allah (pbuh)?

Last edited:
yeh topic yahan kon laya....... kyu marvana chahte ho uss acche insaan ko ...... Pakistan based terrorist outfits usse maar denge.......

Oh no, I dont get hurt so easily, for I am very comfortable with what I practice/believe. I can say that too about majority of people who follow what I follow. I do ask priests a lot of questions which may be considered blasphemy in other religions, and I always get the answers! So I am happy. On the contrary, how would you feel if I said a similar thing about Allah- pbuh? "You see a Hindu does not believe in it, whatever it is". [oh boy, am I gonna get banned or what. No offense meant to anyone]

I find it amusing that Muslims have to be given tableegh if they even acknowledge any idol. Are they scared that masses may stray? If they are scared, then why? How come Hinduism does not have problems if Hindus pray at Mosques or Churches? No Hindu priests calls for the "offender's" blood.

Btw I can safely presume that you have no idea about Hinduism, whatsoever! You will be surprised to know, if you sweat a bit, that many of Islamic and Christian basics/beliefs are very similar to tenets of Hinduism. And Hinduism is like 5000-10,000 yrs old while Christianity and Islam are like 2000 & 1400 yrs old respt.

Like Christians, Muslims too believe in the holy trinity. Right? So what do you think is Trimurti? Lord Shiva/ Lord Vishnu and Lord Brahma! And the concept of one and only God:
Brahman

The basic beliefs of Islam start from the start of the human beings. Not some years ago. Go figure.

A Muslim doesn't consider anything else god, other than Allah. Those who have faith in "Shiv Lingam" and "Shiva" are denying the basic beliefs of Islam. So the guy needs to be taught what he just said, or was he quoted wrongly? The interesting thing is that these kind of stories always have something to do with "money".

As far as Hinduism is concerned. I dont care about what it means, or what it is customized over the years (by the people) to mean.

And please i beg you to dont start songs of secularism over these stupid stories. Its not even funny!

as a muslim he is being tolerant to other religious cultures.. also, he is making sure he is helping his fellow humans -who worship that place - by keeping it going for them in their absence. To me he makes a perfect Human and hence a Perfect Muslim/Hindu/Christian or whatever religion u want to name.

After all, all religions aim for the same thing.. make a better human out of us!!

whats wrong in going to and maintaining a temple? when the namaz is offered I am sure all hindus are forced to listen to the prayers offered by the nearest mosque..(thanks to the amplifiers used by the mosques!!)..Although people can claim this to be anti hindu - cos they are listening to some other religious sermons - they simply put up with it. They respect it. Again.. makings of good Humans...

Lastly, Kudos to him to have gone beyond his fear of getting a fatwa to live up to the true values of any religion... Humanity, Tolerance, Friendship and Brotherhood for all lives.

Last edited:
This is a little old news,guys...

Muslim Family Builds Hindu Temple in TN Village (India)

Showcasing secular values in this remote village of Tamil Nadu, a devout Muslim couple have built a temple for Hindu Goddess Mariamman in the backyard of their house and conduct regular poojas, arousing interest and curiosity in this region, which remains a citadel of communal harmony.

It all started with a dream that M Bashirbi (50) had in her sleep and her husband Mohammed Ali Jinnah (55) without any hesitation gave his full backing for building the small temple 10 years back in the backyard of their thatched house in this town, near Chidambaram, about 250 km south of Chennai.

"We built the temple 10 years back after the Amman appeared in my wife's dream. When she told me about this, I immediately accepted. I did not consult anyone... for me all religions are the same," Jinnah, who runs a tea shop, said.

:azn:

Back
Top Bottom