What's new

Musharraf Ki Yaad AAyi Us Kay Janay Kay Baad

Enjoy Seattle and every other place, just don't come back. I don't want to see him being disgraced by the politicians and the people.

Just compare crime rate of 2007 with 2009 and its the only thing in which current government has shown increase :angry:
else Pakistan economy , stock exchange , reserves , currency rate and international standing was way much more during Musharraf time then the current failed government.

Thank God, finally people are relaizing.

The gentleman who made this call sounds like someone from Punjab and I am very happy that finally the people in Punjab are realizing the efforts and sacrifices of President Musharraf.

I like when Musharraf was President. Zardari only cares about himself and is going to leave Pakistan in ruins.

Just compare crime rate of 2007 with 2009 and its the only thing in which current government has shown increase :angry:
else Pakistan economy , stock exchange , reserves , currency rate and international standing was way much more during Musharraf time then the current failed government.

Yes crime is getting worser here, but not compared to U.S. The most powerful country in the world ranks #1 in all crimes.

Yes crime is getting worser here, but not compared to U.S. The most powerful country in the world ranks #1 in all crimes.

is this your justification for the rise in crime?
Are you suggesting to beat the world nations in their worst parameter? :blink:

Did my statement imply in anyway that this crime increase is justified?
No. I said compared to the most developed nation in the world. Try to use some intellect and analyze my statements before accessing judgement.

Musharraf hints at entering politics​

CHITRAL: Former President General Pervez Musharraf has shown keenness to enter politics and his colleague Barrister Muhammad Ali Saif has registered the All Pakistan Muslim League (APML) for the same purpose says a news report.

General Musharraf came to power through a Military coup in 1999 on the pretext that things were not right in Pakistan and that he would set them right. However when he exited in 2008, he left the country in a worse state with the addition of terrorism to Pakistan's menu of woes.

General Musharraf though may have failed on the national and international fronts, but in Chitral he is considered a hero who dug the Lowari Tunnel for Chitralis. People who pass through the tunnel these winters involuntarily raise their hands in prayers for him.

Pervez Musharraf though is popular in the whole of Chitral district, is particularly popular in the Mastuj sub division for promptly ordering construction of the Shandur road, Mastuj bridge and other projects which would have never been possible through normal process. A number of voters/people said that we like Parvez Musharaf and if he contested election from this district he will take 100% votes because of his developmental network for Chitral like establishment of utility stores, remitting of agriculture loans, construction of roads and bridges etc.

Human Rights appreciated DCO | GroundReport

SSGPA1

Yaar aap itna support kiun kartay hain Musharaf ko????

Anything special??/
lol
:)

Musharraf's return is highly unlikely because his security will remain a major concern. If he is rallying, he will need full government protection which is not possible. Anything short is suicidal for Musharraf despite the fact that of the bunch around, he is the most level headed and aware individuals to run in the next elections (of the bunch seen thus far but there could be others by the time next elections come, at least one can hope).

Musharraf's return is highly unlikely because his security will remain a major concern. If he is rallying, he will need full government protection which is not possible. Anything short is suicidal for Musharraf despite the fact that of the bunch around, he is the most level headed and aware individuals to run in the next elections (of the bunch seen thus far but there could be others by the time next elections come, at least one can hope).
When a member like Blain2 says 'despite the fact that of the bunch around, he is the most level headed and aware individuals to run in the next elections', than I really feel sorry for my nation (if Pakistani is a nation at all). If we have come to this low where Musharraf is called the most level headed person despite of what he did to the various national Institutions not to mention Judiciary, than we indeed have lost the right to exist as a nation, as a country. Itna Qahat ur Rijjal !!!!!!!!!!!!!

When a member like Blain2 says 'despite the fact that of the bunch around, he is the most level headed and aware individuals to run in the next elections', than I really feel sorry for my nation (if Pakistani is a nation at all). If we have come to this low where Musharraf is called the most level headed person despite of what he did to the various national Institutions not to mention Judiciary, than we indeed have lost the right to exist as a nation, as a country. Itna Qahat ur Rijjal !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Qsaark...I disagree with you...lol....:angel:
Blain is right in a way that there is no one in current political system who can save us but presenting Musharaf as an alternative is still a " no no"....

Consumption-led growth
Saturday, March 27, 2010
The indefatigable Dr Ashfaque Hasan Khan in his recent article "On economic growth" (March 23) berates some of Pakistan's accomplished economists for criticising his favourite government's accomplishments -- the one led by the now-absconding duo of General Musharraf and his chief sidekick, the incomparable Shaukat 'Shortcut' Aziz. Dr Khan's basic thesis is that there is nothing wrong with a consumption-driven growth strategy since consumption is the biggest component in the national accounts in any country, including Pakistan. Arithmetically speaking he is right. But that is not the point. The flaw in such a strategy, as the world has learnt (but obviously not Dr Khan) after the worst global financial implosion since the Great Depression, is that distorting the instruments of macroeconomic policy, and specifically interest rate policy, courts disaster. It is bad economics; it is unsustainable and it will end in a calamity. Even in the 'ideal' policy case which focuses on stimulating savings and investment and, crucially, boosts net exports, there will be positive feedback effects which raise per capita consumption. There is nothing wrong with that. It is a welcome manifestation of a growing economy. What is wrong is when you cut interest rates sharply and flood the economy with cheap money and excess liquidity. All you will get is speculative bubbles in consumption, the real estate sector, in commodities such as gold, and the stock market. Worst of all you will 'crowd-out' exports while the excess liquidity spills over into higher imports. You will also get very high inflation -- something about which Dr Khan is strangely silent when regaling the 'accomplishments' of his favourite regime.

Good macroeconomic policy is all about maintaining balance between policy instruments, using them wisely and ensuring that they are consistent with realistically ambitious targets and objectives. Good policy is eschewing the temptation to resort to policy-driven distortions which are populist but self-defeating because they will get you into trouble. Even the great guru of monetary policy, the 'maestro' himself, Alan Greenspan, in his trademark mumbling incoherent evidence before US Congress apologised for keeping interest rates too low for too long and creating 'The Great Recession' in the US which spread around the world through contagion effects and caused untold human suffering. Since Dr Khan is no Greenspan, I don't expect him to offer an apology any time soon. As his favourite duo decamped to greener pastures, they left the economy in a heightened state of vulnerability and susceptible to the smallest exogenous shock that would send it over the brink. This came in the form of the global oil and commodities price surge that pushed Pakistan's fiscal and external current account deficits to in excess of eight per cent of GDP and inflation to a never-before-seen 26 per cent per annum. With the economy trapped in a stagflationary mode, there was massive capital flight, the rupee lost a third of its value, our foreign exchange reserves disappeared and we ended up, as always, hat-in-hand at the doors of the IMF blaming the global price of oil and food and 'security issues' for all our economic troubles instead of looking at the truth: short-sighted and misguided macroeconomic policies that produced the chimera of growth and prosperity for a while but would ineluctably self-destruct.

Dr Meekal A Ahmed

Back
Top Bottom