What's new

Mushak crashes in Gujranwala

Quite possiblty.. Although the aircraft is 86-5147 which means it was inducted in 86. That makes the airframe some 27 years old and at the twilight of its useful service life.

The photo above is a file photo I believe...as said on the express tribune site.

Today's crash site was all burned up according to eyewitnesses.

Inna Lillahi wa inna ilaihi raji'un... Rest in peace soldiers .. May Allah almighty bless you and give patience and strength to your families and loved ones Ameen..

Does PA operate fixed wing transports as well?

Yes they do ..

إِنَّا لِلّهِ وَإِنَّـا إِلَيْهِ رَاجِعونَ

إِنَّا لِلّهِ وَإِنَّـا إِلَيْهِ رَاجِعونَ

My heart goes out to these brave men who fly these single engine propeller planes without any means of escape.

R.I.P Warriors.

Technology is cheap there should be parachute installed somewhere in the mid of the airframe for small planes like these in case of emergencies.

BBC - Future - Aircraft safety: Should planes have parachutes?

I hope PAA would now consider to phase out older Mushaks in favor of newer Super Mushaks airframes. anything above 18-20 years should be phased out.

Technology is cheap there should be parachute installed somewhere in the mid of the airframe for small planes like these in case of emergencies.

I hope PAA would now consider to phase out older Mushaks in favor of newer Super Mushaks airframes. anything above 18-20 years should be phased out.

Indeed, but i wonder why the pilots don't wear Manuel types of parachutes so if there's a chance they can bail out.

Sir we lack money other wise we need to replace our older Mirage and F-7 Fighter jets soon and we need money so we can produce JF-17 in Large numbers and also get some other Fighter Jets

Indeed, but i wonder why the pilots don't wear Manuel types of parachutes so if there's a chance they can bail out.
I believe they do. But the Mushaks in the army are usually on FAC or Observation role. Which means low altitude. Given the time to any technical fault, the time to bail out is very little.

Thought provoking question I would question the same and Super Mushak is not that expensive they should have by now started replacing little by little.

I believe they do. But the Mushaks in the army are usually on FAC or Observation role. Which means low altitude. Given the time to any technical fault, the time to bail out is very little.

Not sure dear, the footage i have seen shows pilot / cadet in clean configuration. ??

Back
Top Bottom