What's new

Mumbai vs Shanghai: how can India catch up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Comparing Mumbai to Shanghai is like comparing Lagos to London.

May be population-wise a comparison can be done.

Dude!!??!! Seriously ??!!?? :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

When did Hyderabad become San Francisco ?? I have seen some moronic posts from some PDF Indians but this takes the cake.. Well done :yahoo:

Hyderabad has a large demographic dividend. Under Modi-ji's strong leadership, Hyderabad will quickly surpass San Franciso to become a world-class city by 2020!

Middle class? NO WAY!
It's worse than Wuhan's poorest region in 1980s.

Indians who live in cities earn a lot more than those in rural areas, even if they live in slums. Compared to the Indian average, a slum dweller is considered not just middle-class, but upper-middle-class because 70% to 75% of Indians earn less than money than the slum dwellers.

Indians who live in cities earn a lot more than those in rural areas, even if they live in slums. Compared to the Indian average, a slum dweller is considered not just middle-class, but upper-middle-class because 70% to 75% of Indians earn less than money than the slum dwellers.
I'm speechless....

It's always good to learn from success stories like Shanghai. Instead of just making plans, India should study what made Shanghai successful and implement similar policies in India.

Within just 20 years the growth of Shanghai is just beyond impressive.

shanghai.jpg

Not just India, south Asia in general(your Sri Lanka included )should learn from their east Asian/chinese counterparts . Visting both regions (East Asian to South Asia) for a foreigner like even me it's like leaving Europe and venturing into some of the poorest subsharan African countries. the difference is just to Stark, South Asia has a very longgggggg way to go to match it's East Asian neighbours. But I believe with determination, planning, integration, project implementation hard work, they can do it.
So no need to make fun at one country. Afterall, none LG these east Asian countries were developed from the beginning of times, they also developed with time (as they were once a developing countries as well, China still is ) . Though i know the OP is a troll, but he's a funny one though i must confess, and I like having a good laugh. :p::enjoy:

The list is just too long, considering each of 28 province (or autonomous region) have nice capitals and several large & nice cities, and the 4 direct municipalities (BJ/Tianjin/SH/Chongqing).

Let's get back to topic. Mumbai now is at best comparable to 3rd or 4th tier Chinese city, in what time frame, and what are needed, for Mumbai to become a nice city?
Mumbai is a dirt city..take my word..all Indian cities are piles of shirt and dirt

Dude the video says slums and he is calling them middle class...what do you think???
He's trolling.

The video says slums because they are slums to Westerners and Chinese. But your average Indian slum dweller makes a lot more money than farmers, who make up 65% of the population. If you look at the average income nationally, slum dwellers are middle-class. In fact, many of them are upper middle-class in terms of their income.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom