What's new

Mumbai utterly disappoints.

Khamosh...bachay
Zipper-Mouth.jpg
Mumbai is also one of the worst in the country in the aspect of respect and care of the elderly. Mumbai has one of the highest rate of incidence of old age neglect / abuse in India probably next only to Tamil Nadu.

- PRTP GWD

Mumbai is also one of the worst in the country in the aspect of respect and care of the elderly. Mumbai has one of the highest rate of incidence of old age neglect / abuse in India probably next only to Tamil Nadu.

- PRTP GWD

Why don't you leave Mumbai and go to Bangalore, or Pune, for example. And quit bothering me on your personal problems. We all know Mumbai suburbs suck. If you're stuck there, I can't help you. I'm not your counsellor or shrink.

Why don't you leave Mumbai and go to Bangalore, or Pune, for example. And quit bothering me on your personal problems. We all know Mumbai suburbs suck. If you're stuck there, I can't help you. I'm not your counsellor or shrink.

Dunno but I always preferred Mumbai over any other Indian metro. Hyderabad is nice as well. Bangalore and Delhi just don't have the same vibe.

Dunno but I always preferred Mumbai over any other Indian metro. Hyderabad is nice as well. Bangalore and Delhi just don't have the same vibe.

I like Hyderabad too. Mumbai is currently in ICU. I don't have much hope for that place. It should be re-developed and lots of people need to move. Otherwise everyone would feel stuck.

It's no longer the place I used to party before. But yes, the vibe is still there.

But for all seasons and intentions, you'll find me in Goa. :smitten:

I like Hyderabad too. Mumbai is currently in ICU. I don't have much hope for that place. It should be re-developed and lots of people need to move. Otherwise everyone would feel stuck.

It's no longer the place I used to party before. But yes, the vibe is still there.

But for all seasons and intentions, you'll find me in Goa. :smitten:

Traffic is the biggest problem in all Indian cities. If we could fix that, they all would be very much livable.

Traffic is the biggest problem in all Indian cities. If we could fix that, they all would be very much livable.

I have forgotten how to drive in India. I am no longer used to circum-navigating human beings, cows, hand carts, beggars, hijdas, street dogs.

Pahle Kitni chamiya log ko ghumaya tha bike kay peechay Mumbai ki streets may :smitten:

I have forgotten how to drive in India. I am no longer used to circum-navigating human beings, cows, hand carts, beggars, hijdas, street dogs.

Pahle Kitni chamiya log ko ghumaya tha bike kay peechay Mumbai ki streets may :smitten:

Aaaah....street dogs.....once they used to roam the streets...now they rule the country.

I had expectations and I was in awe about Mumbai due to two reasons. I have fond memories of growing up in Mumbai. In childhood, you don't have sense of quality. Moreover nostalgia distorts memory. Secondly, I had heard stories of Mumbai, implying greatness of the city. The tall claims included description like financial capital of the country, the city that never sleeps, fast-paced and efficient work culture, low cost of living, people having sharp intelligence, etcetera. Now I have seen the city after attaining maturity and I know that except the tag of financial capital, the perception of awesomeness of Mumbai is all bullshit.

How I wished the above cited stories were true. But to my dismay the actuality of Mumbai is as follows:

People, especially women (both locals as well as many immigrant settlers of that city) are ugly. The food there doesn't taste good. The prices of anything and everything in Mumbai is same as in Mysore or Bangalore. The people's IQ is pretty average. People are scary. Most are either corrupt or outright criminal minded and some are blood-thirsty demons. People's body language is obnoxious.

63106_365320410225260_1190279815_n_zps6b3130f6.jpg
@halupridol

- PRTP GWD

I had expectations and I was in awe about Mumbai due to two reasons. I have fond memories of growing up in Mumbai. In childhood, you don't have sense of quality. Moreover nostalgia distorts memory. Secondly, I had heard stories of Mumbai, implying greatness of the city. The tall claims included description like financial capital of the country, the city that never sleeps, fast-paced and efficient work culture, low cost of living, people having sharp intelligence, etcetera. Now I have seen the city after attaining maturity and I know that except the tag of financial capital, the perception of awesomeness of Mumbai is all bullshit.

How I wished the above cited stories were true. But to my dismay the actuality of Mumbai is as follows:

People, especially women (both locals as well as many immigrant settlers of that city) are ugly. The food there doesn't taste good. The prices of anything and everything in Mumbai is same as in Mysore or Bangalore. The people's IQ is pretty average. People are scary. Most are either corrupt or outright criminal minded and some are blood-thirsty demons. People's body language is obnoxious.

Bombay is the beating heart of India.

Yahan sab aate hain apne sapne lekar.

Yahan sab mumkin hai.

Cheers, Doc

You know I felt exactly the same thing about Pakistan on a visit there - except there were many pretty women and food was better than UK, indeed it was awesome.

Come on man, don't insult Pakistani folks. Even though I have not been to Pakistan for over 11 years now, but it has more to do with Pakistani political circus and criminals running it.

Pakistani people, usually are very friendly and welcoming. The old ways are going slowly, because people have financial wows, so hospitality for poor folks is not that easy like in old days, when you would be offered something even by the poorest.

Comparing Pakistani people with Mumbaities is a disgrace. Mumbai is a dirty, slums bearing city where, 80% population lives in 20% surface area in squalid conditions.

Some Indians due to the propaganda from their media, try to bring "Orangi Town" in Karachi as biggest slum in Asia. But the reality is that Orangi Town could be better than 90% living conditions in Mumbai.

This is Orangi town,

1613975205238.png

One can see, proper wide road and streets. The housing is all "Pakka" the quality may not be great, but poor folks live there.

While this is Dharvi in Mumbai over view.
1613975366540.png

You can see non existing of wide roads and streets. Petty much cramp squalid conditions overall.

MYSORE utterly disappoints. It is painful.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom