What's new

Mumbai Attacks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Times Now ticker says that Gen. Kiyani will accompany ISI chief? Why he needs to come?
Or a wrong news

ISI's political wing is clipped, to me it seems approperiate that Kiyani heads the delegation.

November 28, 2008

As India points the finger of blame at Pakistan for the Mumbai terror attacks, there were reports some of the gunmen were British-born Pakistanis.

Indian news channel NDTV said "British citizens of Pakistani origin" were among the militants who launched attacks on two hotels, a Jewish centre and a railway station.

Prime Minister Gordon Brown told Sky's Adam Boulton in an exclusive interview that it is too early to say if there was any British involvement in the attacks.

"There is so much information still to be discovered and made available. I have heard what Prime Minister Singh has said and I'll talk to him about it this morning," Mr Brown said.

"It is very important that we strengthen the co-operation between India and Britain in dealing with these instances of terrorist attacks."

Sky's Emma Birchley, reporting from the FCO, said: "The Foreign Office say they are no prepared to comment on that [claim] - there is no evidence to support that. "They say it's still not clear who is behind these attacks."

An unknown group calling themselves Deccan Mujahideen have claimed responsibility for the wave of terror in Mumbai, formerly known as Bombay.

But experts have not heard of the group and there was speculation they may be an off-shoot of the Indian Mujahideen or Lashkar-e-Toiba.

In the past, LET has fought Indian rule in Kashmir and has been linked to Pakistan's intelligence agency.

Reports said at least three of the apprehended militants were members of the group - but the organisation has denied any part in the attacks.

South Asia expert Rani Singh has told Sky News the terror attacks have all the hallmarks of the LET - and the Deccan Mujahideen could be a red herring.

"This attack has gone to a level we have not seen before," she said.

"To go for seven targets and cause this much confusion, use this must weaponry... means this is taking it to a very scary level."

In an address to the nation, Indian Prime Minister Manmohan Singh said the group that carried out the attacks "was based outside the country"

He added a warning to India's neighbours "that the use of their territory for launching attacks on us will not be tolerated".

Mr Singh was due to meet Pakistani President Asif Ali Zardari, according to the Press Trust of India.

But Pakistan has hit back at the accusations - with defence minister Ahmed Mukhtar saying his country "should not be blamed like in the past".

"This will destroy all the goodwill we created together after years of bitterness," he said.

"I will say in very categoric terms that Pakistan is not involved in these gory incidents."

An editorial in Pakistan's Daily Times newspaper said India should consider terror groups within their own borders.

"Ongoing investigations into some (past) terrorist attacks that were alternately blamed on Indian Muslims and Pakistan have shown that they were actually carried out by a Hindu terrorist network," the editorial said.

Ms Singh, who has been a frequent visitor to Kashmir and has been embedded with the border security force, said it is important both India and Pakistan work together to fight terrorism.

"We've started to see the anti-Pakistan rhetoric," she said.

"It's important to cut through that. I don't think it's a situation that can be easily contained.

"You might eliminate one group - but another will be trained and come up behind them."

Pak PM agrees to send ISI chief to Delhi on Manmohan Singh's summons

ISLAMABAD: Pakistan Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani has accepted a request from his Indian counterpart Manmohan Singh to send the Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI) chief to India for sharing of information related to the terrorist attack in Mumbai.
The Prime Minster's spokesman Zahid Bashir said Singh had made a request to Gilani, asking him to send the ISI chief to India to "cooperate in the investigation of the Mumbai attacks and for sharing certain information"

Bashir said: "The Pakistani prime minister accepted this offer. The two sides will work out modalities for the visit of the Inter Services Intelligence chief which is expected to take place soon."

Update:

Pakistan has agreed to send ISI Chief

More Intelligence:

Pakistani Army may have been involved in training the terrorists!!! (highly speculative)
let,s say that they were directly from pakistan army:cheesy::tdown:
man i,m really sick of people who blame us for everything bad happens in their country.
we have sufferd from terrorism more than everyone else, there are blasts on daily basis ,we have to go to imf, we lost more than 1000 soldiers,our western border is fucked up,plus drone attacks

ISI's political wing is clipped, to me it seems approperiate that Kiyani heads the delegation.

Neo, sorry but I am curious why army chief has to come here. it is intelligence sharing. Sounds odd to me. But the news is in ticker. So not sure

Excellent post T.E.! :tup:

Shaheed is an arabic word with a religious background, meant to specify a certain cause of death only. I can imagine that not every muslim (and there are 150 million in India only) would agree with your modest view.

Before we began to hate each other, it was an Indian word & used freely to describe anyone who fell fighting the british.

Even today, there are roads in delhi whose names start with " Shaeed..." after those who fell defending independent India.

Religion & Pol boundaries may divide us politically, culturally how diff are we ? We celebrate the same festivals, eat the same food,wear the same dresses, sing the same songs ( on marriages & at harvest time).. & so on.

After all , we once were close.

Brit Link To Mumbai Terror?

Maybe because these boys dont look to me typical jihadis,they were wearing western clothes

Who’s behind Mumbai attacks?

Friday, November 28, 2008

By Farrukh Saleem

Analysis

ISLAMABAD: The Research and Analysis Wing (RAW) of the cabinet secretariat has failed; failed miserably. So have the Intelligence Bureau (IB), the Defence Intelligence Agency (DIA), the Joint Intelligence Committee, the Directorate of Air Intelligence, the Directorate of Navy Intelligence, the Joint Cipher Bureau, the Directorate of Signals Intelligence and the Defence Image Processing and Analysis Centre. All of India’s intelligence agencies have failed, and the most critical element in their collective failure is their overwhelming focus on Pakistan-based militant groups. So intense has been this focus that India’s home-grown militant entities have spread like wildfire all through India’s 2,973,190 sq km of land mass. According to South Asia Terrorism Portal, “at least 231 of the India’s 608 districts are currently afflicted, at differing intensities, by various insurgent and terrorist movements.”

Over the past five decades, India has been up against three distinct types of militancy: Left-wing extremist, separatist and religious. Left-wing extremist groups that have engaged in terrorist activity include People’s Guerrilla Army, People’s War Group, Moist Communist Centre, Communist Party of India-Maoist and Communist Party of India Janashakti. In Assam, there are at least 35 known separatist groups. In Manipur, there’s the People’s Liberation Army. In Meghalava, there’s the People’s Liberation Front of Meghalava. Nagaland has at least three known insurgent entities; Punjab has 12, Tripura has 30 and Mizoram has 2. Then there’s Arunachal Dragon Force in Arunachal Pradesh.

In 2006, a total of 2,765 Indians died in terrorism-related violence (that same year, 1,471 Pakistanis died in terrorism-related violence). Of the 2,765 Indians, who lost their lives, 41 per cent were killed in Jammu and Kashmir, 27 per cent of all victims died because of Left-wing extremism, 23 per cent because of insurgencies and 10 per cent from militant groups based on religion.

Bush was warned that al-Qaeda was planning but Bush didn’t pay much heed. Sukarnoputri was warned but she didn’t pay much heed. Manmohan Singh has also been ignoring warnings. America suffered and so did Indonesia and now India. In the first 11 months of 2008, casualties of terrorist violence in Pakistan already number 6,158. We are all falling victims to entities in our midst who are adamant on imposing their own world view on to the rest of us—and that, too, through violence.

Who’s behind Mumbai attacks? Is it India’s left-wing extremists, separatists or India’s home-grown Jihadi militants? Many a finger are pointing at India’s home-grown Jihadi militants but we may never find out for sure. The Mumbai attacks, however, is a wake-up call for the global intelligence community for them to rise up to the challenge and focus their collective energies in the right direction. B Raman, one of India’s leading analysts, is of the opinion that a whole lot of India’s militancy is “self radicalisation, self motivation and self execution”.

I wonder what kind of "Mujahids" are these people. I mean what we see normally is that those terrorist who defame name of Great Islam are usually having beards and their way of talking is much different than those interviewed by NDTV. Those terrorist don't match the regular profile of Pakistani Jihadis that carry out attacks in Pakistan.

All of this interview crap seems to be staged to blame Pakistan as elections are coming and this is the biggest blow that present govt has suffered. It is good that ISI chief will visit India. India's foreign minister has accused Pakistan but has said that "Proof cannot be disclosed at this time." Most probably because there is none.

Both countries are suffering from terrorism and it is time Indian media should realize that doing politics on such an affair will not do good for them. If they are really interested in making any effort against terrorism, they needs to stop blame game and seriously focus on anti-terror operations against people who cause harm in the name of religions (Islam and Hindu).

Last edited:
Neo, sorry but I am curious why army chief has to come here. it is intelligence sharing. Sounds odd to me. But the news is in ticker. So not sure

Honestly I have no clue, maybe its a good will gesture to show that we take matters seriously. I'm sure Kiyani's presence will put much weight into this meeting.
We'll have to wait what reasons FM comes with.

Jihadis in south asia aint like these boys.I only saw these type of boys wearing baggy jeans,tshirts,and bands in hand in those 7/7 attacks in UK,so they can be British also

d03a6c7f7766787ad95e54032636a8a3.jpg

Jihadis in south asia aint like these boys.I only saw these type of boys wearing baggy jeans,tshirts,and bands in hand in those 7/7 attacks in UK,so they can be British also

d03a6c7f7766787ad95e54032636a8a3.jpg

Agreed. Also listen to the audio tape again. Does it even looks like that a boy of this "type" looking Brit can have an accent like one interviewed by NDTV ? Also when terrorist was asked what are his demands, he said "hold on" and asked someone else "what are our demands" ? I mean what the hell. You have killed record number of people and you bloody don't know what your demands are and why you did that.

I am forced to make my mind that either this picture is fake or that NDTV tapes are fake. They both can't be true at the same time.

Oh they are sponsored with Indian money and from Indian consulates.

You reap what you sow. You've cajoled and nourished terrorist outfits all your lives. Thats why now even in India there is a terror incident every month.

Everyone reap what they sow. Thats why we have Pakistan PM calling us up and saying we are also equal victims.

What was that? Indian Army bombed Indian civilian trains?

And then you have the Indian Police arresting the Indian Army. lol

This isnt pakistan, we dont have our army killing our own.

I think it was pretty much clear from these ICL matches and the massive support Pakistanis drew. The Indian Muslims came wearing Shalwar Kameez and the Muslim cap, waving the Pak flag, to make a bold statement that they are with Pakistan.

The dress and Muslim cap is their dress. That has nothing to do with Pakistan.

Show me one report that they carried Pakistan flag or supported Pakistan. This statement seems like a daydream to me. I never read a single report about this.

It seems to be along the same foot in the mouth disease that your captain showed in the T-20 final and made himself a fool in front of the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom