What's new

Mumbai Attacks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, terrorism is a common scourge for both our nations.

Appeal to the more reasonable members to not make it a slanging match. It is not India Vs. Pak. It should be India and Pak Vs. these cowards.

Yes indeed. Agreed on this point. However what ever is being said negates this thinking.

The point I was trying to make is that instead of blaming every thing on us why don't you people share these with us and if nothing is done than you have a reason to blame us.

It seems your intelligence agencies are fine tuned on one line of action and that is not helping your cause at all.

Mr. Modi is near Oberai. NDTV says he has announce 1 crore compensation for every policemen who got shaheed

Shaken India points finger at 'neighbors'

Toll tops 125; commandos fight to control Bombay
Ashish Kumar Sen THE WASHINGTON TIMES
Friday, November 28, 2008

NEW DELHI | Indian Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Thursday blamed militant groups in neighboring countries - almost certainly Pakistan - for plotting a series of terrorist attacks in the country's financial capital of Bombay, as commandos fought to regain control of the city and the death toll exceeded 125.

India's armed services, working in tandem with police, elite commandos and counterterrorism squads, on Friday scoured two luxury hotels and a Jewish center in Bombay for terrorists who were thought to be holding hostages.

Authorities said the death toll from the attacks, which started Wednesday night stood at 125, including at least six foreigners, by Friday morning.

Indian officials said they had killed three gunmen at the Taj Mahal Hotel and were sweeping both it and the Oberoi-Trident hotel early Friday in search of hostages and trapped people. Dozens of hostages have been released from the luxury hotels.

The State Department warned U.S. citizens against traveling to Bombay and other parts of India at this time.

In his televised address to the nation, Mr. Singh said it was "evident that the group which carried out these attacks, based outside the country, had come with single-minded determination to create havoc in the commercial capital of the country."

"We will take up strongly with our neighbors that the use of their territory for launching attacks on us will not be tolerated, and that there would be a cost if suitable measures are not taken by them," he said.

Although Mr. Singh did not mention Pakistan by name, both politicians and analysts said that when government officials use the word "neighbors," it is typically an allusion to Pakistan.

"Since the prime minister has publicly accused Pakistan, I think there is reason to believe that there must be a kernel of truth to it," said Sumit Ganguly, a political science professor at Indiana University at Bloomington.

An Italian, a German, a Japanese and a Briton were among those confirmed dead. Foreigners among the 327 wounded included seven Britons, three Americans and two Australians. According to media reports and survivors, the terrorists specifically asked for guests with American and British passports.

Washington Times - Shaken India points finger at 'neighbors'

Is India facing threat of home-grown militancy?

MUMBAI, Nov 27: Militants armed with automatic weapons and grenades attacked luxury hotels, hospitals and a famous tourist cafe in Mumbai late on Wednesday, killing at least 125 people.

Following are the questions — and possible answers — about the suspected attackers.

The attacks were claimed by a previously unknown group calling itself the ‘Deccan Mujahideen’ in an email to news organisations.

Deccan Mujahideen’s claim has added to the growing belief that India is confronting a home-grown militancy.

But it is not clear if the claim is genuine, and analysts say the bombings are almost certainly the work of a different group.

The most likely perpetrators, they say, are either the Indian Mujahideen or Lashkar-i-Taiba (LT).

Lashkar-i-Taiba is one of the largest Muslim militant groups in South Asia. But, LT has denied being behind the Mumbai attacks and said it condemned them.

The group was blamed for bomb attacks on markets in New Delhi that killed more than 60 people in 2005, as well as an assault on parliament in 2001 that brought India and Pakistan to the brink of a fourth war.

Indian Mujahideen

Indian police say the Indian Mujahideen is an offshoot of the banned Students’ Islamic Movement of India (SIMI).

The group has been blamed by police for almost every major bomb attack in India, including explosions on commuter trains in Mumbai two years ago that killed 187 people.

In May, the Indian Mujahideen made a specific threat to attack tourist sites in India unless the government stopped supporting the United States in the international arena.

The threat was made in an email claiming responsibility for bomb attacks that killed 63 people in the tourist city of Jaipur. The mail declared “open war against India” and included the serial number of a bicycle used in one of the bombings.

Police authorities said the Indian Mujahideen may also include former members of Bangladeshi militant group Harkat-ul-Jihad al Islami.

The group first emerged during a wave of bombings in the northern state of Uttar Pradesh in November 2007, sending an email to media outlets just before some of the bombs exploded.

They have since claimed responsibility for multiple bomb attacks in Bangalore, Ahmedabad and New Delhi.

The Indian Mujahideen has warned India’s largest-circulated daily The Times of India and other media groups to halt their ‘propaganda war’ against Muslims.

And the group has told Mukesh Ambani, India’s richest businessman, to ‘think twice’ about his construction of a glass-and-steel 27-storey residence on land in Mumbai where a Muslim orphanage once stood.—Agencies

Is India facing threat of home-grown militancy? -DAWN - Top Stories; November 28, 2008

The same happened in mariott right. What is going on in NWFP we all know. What your "efficient" agencies where doing then?

:hitwall: WTF. you are not getting the point he is trying to make are you?

Guys, terrorism is a common scourge for both our nations.

Appeal to the more reasonable members to not make it a slanging match. It is not India Vs. Pak. It should be India and Pak Vs. these cowards.

I agree.

:agree:

But **** dawn news.
We Pakistanis we should close them down for posting stupid articles. They are also saying Pakistan is to blame? What is this some joke? I will push a petition against them. They have thrown themselves down in the eyes of every Pakistani nationalist.

Lashker e toiba ne jab bol diya key they are not involved then why drag them in and saying pakistan based organization over and over like retards? The terrorists dont need to lie. And LET is a cheap underfunded organization. It was blamed f4 samjhauta express and it turns out its an indian army officer did the bombing and guess why all killed were pakistani?

LET is not involved. The second article was specially biased and an anti pakistani attempt to tarnish pakistans image made by a news service that has clearly made a fool of itself in the eyes of its own people. SAJA is doing a good job at this sort of thing at last thing we need is Pakistani media posting articles from Indians about the matter.

I will complain at the dawn news office for this idiotic action. Why are they presenting the indian viewpoint and posting article from an indian. Are they too illiterate to present the pro pakistani view?

This attack was horrible to say the least but I will not tolerate this fingerpointing and stupidity. Its like no bomb can go off in India without pakistan being blamed. I am sick and tired of this.

Indian toh bolein gey what about dawn news. What happened to their mothers?

So Indians can also use the words Gazi and Jihad? I am now seriously confused.

Munshi I lost you won. Now please don't respond to my posts. I want to talk to some rational person that you are not.

I am sorry for being blunt mods.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom