What's new

Mumbai Attacks

Status
Not open for further replies.
-Taj Hotel Encounter over- all terrorists have been caught/eliminated.

-Nariman House encounter also over.

-110 dead, 217 injured, 6 foreigners dead, 14 foreigners injured.

can we trust now agian never lanch a storm on hotel ?

My deepl hearted condolences on behalf of forum and my country, to the grieved family, friends and the whole of Indian nation, may God give enough courage to bear such a heavy losses.

May God keep the Pakistani and Indian nation, and whole humanity of this global village, save & secure!

BTW what's a problem to dash upon terrorists, for what and why indian forces waiting yet..............they should take bold attempt to fu*k those basta*ds terrorists and make them examples so that next time they should think a lot of times before any terrorism...........In my opinion that even Pakistani or Indian can overcome such issues just only by bold steps ...otherwise they take lives of innocents, jeaperdize economies and creat misunderstandings among countries....... and even though this type of craps can be casues to built doubts among a nation...............then why forces wait for????? dont they have courage, amunition or any lack in professional skills / confidance????? while the governaments spent a lot for defence. Go ahead Kill these ras**les.:angry:

Schoolchildren hold candles as they pay tributes to the victims of terrorist attacks in Mumbai at a school in Ahmadabad, India, Thursday, Nov. 27, 2008. A trickle of bodies and hostages emerged from a luxury hotel Thursday as Indian commandoes tried to free people trapped by suspected Muslim militants who attacked at least 10 targets in India's financial capital of Mumbai, killing people.

Map locates terrorist attacks in Mumbai, India;.

Zardari and Musharraf both represent relatively smaller portions of Pakistan's population and especially our military composition. And there is a difference between most Indians and Zardari…seeing a few leaders on TV is not exactly the most comprehensive way to gain understanding of Pakistani physical attributes.

Point is 80% of Pakistanis DO NOT look like Indians; nowhere near that figure. And this guy doesn’t look like any Pakistani at ALL. There are obviously some similarities ofcourse, but logic would dictate that this guy is from southern India rather than some Pakistani tribal area or Punjabi army caste.

can we trust now agian never lanch a storm on hotel ?

That is not the issue here. The issue is to get those cowards, whatever it takes.

Salute to all the brave hearts who are putting their lives at risk in the service of the country.

Get them brothers and at least some of them alive. They will sing like a canary and India should take it to its logical conclusion, whatever it takes.

That is not the issue here. The issue is to get those cowards, whatever it takes.

Salute to all the brave hearts who are putting their lives at risk in the service of the country.

Get them brothers and at least some of them alive. They will sing like a canary and India should take it to its logical conclusion, whatever it takes.

Your cowards are not really cowards... I think you are not even able to think what they did...:crazy: Vinod, you are filled with unlogical conclusions or statements. Just look what happened, let it done by someone that is independent and then open your mouth.

I just heard the news on Indain channel's from dish Calls made from and to Karachi reagarding new attacks in Mumbai ! Indians call it there 9/11 !! these damn terrorist are playing a game which will hurt Pakistan 's image in the world yet more important peace with India !! iam deeply sad about all this i hope this blood shed stops !! i hope we kill these damn terrorist .

Zardari and Musharraf both represent relatively smaller portions of Pakistan's population and especially our military composition. And there is a difference between most Indians and Zardari…seeing a few leaders on TV is not exactly the most comprehensive way to gain understanding of Pakistani physical attributes.

Point is 80% of Pakistanis DO NOT look like Indians; nowhere near that figure. And this guy doesn’t look like any Pakistani at ALL. There are obviously some similarities ofcourse, but logic would dictate that this guy is from southern India rather than some Pakistani tribal area or Punjabi army caste.

Zardari is a Sindhi. Does he look different from the normal Sindhis? Sindh is the second most populated province AFAIK.

Did anyone say they have to be military? It could be LTTE.

See I have zero interest in claiming any commonality. Just don't give a damn to that. Facts are facts. There is no one in the world who can tell a Pakistani apart from an Indian especially the non-tribal vast majority of Pakistan. You are wrong here, just drop this.

By Gregory Viscusi

Nov. 27 (Bloomberg) -- The terrorist attacks that killed at least 101 people in Mumbai late yesterday displayed a level of coordination and choice of targets that indicate international involvement, security experts say.

The attacks were “certainly carried out by groups linked to al-Qaeda,” Italian Foreign Minister Franco Frattini told Sky TG24 television today.

While experts weren’t so categorical, they said the signs pointed, at a minimum, to groups inspired by al-Qaeda and bombings in London and Madrid that followed the 2001 attacks on the U.S.

Teams of militants armed with grenades and rifles stormed the Taj Mahal Palace and Tower Hotel and the Oberoi Trident complex at about 10 p.m. yesterday, saying they were targeting Americans and Britons. They also attacked police stations, a Jewish community center, and a train station. Indian commandos later freed some of the hostages being held by the militants.

“Highly symbolic but soft targets such as fancy hotels and the train station, and the use of synchronized coordinated teams, does show some of the same modus operandi as al-Qaeda- linked attacks in London and Madrid,” said Andrea Plebani, a researcher at Centro Volta, a research institute based in Como, Italy. “But it’s obviously too early to draw any conclusions.”

The attacks were claimed by the Deccan Mujahedeen, a previously little-known group, the Press Trust of India said. Such assertions are meaningless, because groups make up one-time names for attacks or make bogus claims, said Anne Stenersen, a researcher at the Norwegian Defense Research Establishment.

No Suicide Bombers

The absence of suicide bombers prompted disagreement among analysts.

“This was not some improvised attack, it certainly required lots of planning and organization,” said Stenersen, who is based near Oslo. “But al-Qaeda almost always uses suicide bombers, because martyrdom plays such a key role in their propaganda.”

The lack of suicide bombers doesn’t rule out al-Qaeda’s involvement, says Alexander Neill, head of the Asia program at the Royal United Services Institute, a London-based research institute focused on defense and security. “The people carrying out these attacks are certainly prepared to die,” he says.

“The scale of these attacks does indicate some level of outside planning and funding, even if it was most likely carried out by members of India’s growing radicalized Muslim minority,” Neill says. “That would argue for maybe not a direct logistical al-Qaeda role, but some link.”

Wave of Attacks

A wave of bombings in markets, theaters and near mosques has killed more than 300 people this year in India. Most were linked to religious clashes between Hindus and Muslims, or to groups wanting independence for Kashmir, an Indian province with a Muslim majority.

The attacks on prestigious targets such as luxury hotels and the taking of Western hostages indicated a new terror tactic in India with echoes of previous bombings, said Plebani.

A series of coordinated suicide attacks killed 191 people on Madrid commuter trains on March 11, 2004 and 52 people on London’s underground metro and a bus on July 7, 2005. While each set of bombers was inspired by al-Qaeda rhetoric, no direct links were ever proved.

Part of the problem is that few agree on what al-Qaeda is.

‘Franchise?’

“Is al-Qaeda a real organization with a command and control structure,” says Richard Cornwell, senior research fellow at the Institute for Security Studies in Pretoria. “Or just a brand name and idea that you use, like a franchise? I think it’s more likely the latter.”

Since 2001, when a U.S.-led coalition chased al-Qaeda’s leadership out of Afghanistan after the Sept. 11 attacks on New York and Washington, al-Qaeda has provided leadership and its message from hideouts along the Afghan-Pakistan border, while the groups it inspires are increasingly autonomous, he said.

Regardless of who is behind the attacks, India will blame Pakistan, says Stratfor, a private risk-analysis company based in Austin, Texas.

If Indian authorities say it was a domestic group, they “will be held accountable for a failure of enormous proportions in security and law enforcement,” Stratfor said in a note to clients today. “On the other hand, it can link the attack to an outside power: Pakistan. Politically this is a much preferable outcome for the Indian government, and so it is the most likely course of action.”

Pakistan’s Condemnation

Pakistan’s President Asif Ali Zardari and Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi today condemned the terrorist attacks in Mumbai.

Between January 2004 and March 2007 the death toll from terrorist attacks in India was 3,674, second only to Iraq during the same period, according to the National Counterterrorism Center in Washington.

The Indian government has previously blamed terrorist attacks on organizations linked to foreign powers. Local media often blame the attacks on groups backed by Pakistan or Bangladesh, without identifying the security officials who provided the information.

India’s capital, New Delhi, was rocked by five blasts during an evening rush hour in September, killing as many as 26 people and injuring about 133. Indian Mujahadeen, which claimed responsibility for similar attacks in Ahmedabad and Jaipur, said it was behind the blasts.

Regardless of who is behind the attacks, India will blame Pakistan, says Stratfor, a private risk-analysis company based in Austin, Texas.

If Indian authorities say it was a domestic group, they “will be held accountable for a failure of enormous proportions in security and law enforcement,” Stratfor said in a note to clients today. “On the other hand, it can link the attack to an outside power: Pakistan. Politically this is a much preferable outcome for the Indian government, and so it is the most likely course of action.”

see, the current regime of India is just the threat to the regional peace.

I think it's a Hindu/Jewish/Neo-con conspiracy, to blame peace loving people of some other community.......

Zardari is a Sindhi. Does he look different from the normal Sindhis? Sindh is the second most populated province AFAIK.

Did anyone say they have to be military? It could be LTTE.

See I have zero interest in claiming any commonality. Just don't give a damn to that. Facts are facts. There is no one in the world who can tell a Pakistani apart from an Indian especially the non-tribal vast majority of Pakistan. You are wrong here, just drop this.
Looking like an INDIAN and looking like a SOUTH INDIAN are two different things!

Sindhis don't look like Deccans!

PUNJABIS especially don't look like them.

Migrated folks, mostly from Delhi, UP n all might find some resemblence in Pak but again, not with SOUTH INDIANS.

Makes me wonder if you guys have even ever seen a Pakistani up close.

see, the current regime of India is just the threat to the regional peace.

Ya we are a threat to everybody around.....

Our people are being killed, and we are the threat.....Isnt it schinese according to you great conclusive logical powers?

Looking like an INDIAN and looking like a SOUTH INDIAN are two different things!

Sindhis don't look like Deccans!

PUNJABIS especially don't look like them.

Migrated folks, mostly from Delhi, UP n all might find some resemblence in Pak but again, not with SOUTH INDIANS.

Makes me wonder if you guys have even ever seen a Pakistani up close.

I posted that train picture. Are they not Pakistanis?

That guy doesn't look like a South Indian. I know, I am living among them now.

The complexion is dark, there are millions of people in Pakistan with similar complexion. If this is the best you guys can come up with, it is unfortunate.

I have seen enough Pakistanis. From all provinces except Balochistan, so I know what I am talking about. I have visited Dubai too and met so many of you.

Indians won't learn and grow up, its in their nature. Deep inside they still are not over with 1947 partition and they certainly have not forgotten how China kicked India's butt during war. ..... I wonder when the international community is gonna grow tired of them crying "Pakistan" everytime Manmohan Singh pisses his pants!

Is this typical Pakistani-speak?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom