What's new

Mumbai Attacks

Status
Not open for further replies.
More from GOC Western Command:

-The Taj has been combed once, and a second combing process has begun to ensure that there are no weapons/explosives, occupants or militants.

-Floodlights have been installed to illuminate the buildings at night, and ensure that nobody can escape.

-There are still some terrorists in Nariman House, though all hostages have been evacuated.

-A possible militant is being tracked by locating his cellphone.

Looking like an INDIAN and looking like a SOUTH INDIAN are two different things!

Sindhis don't look like Deccans!

PUNJABIS especially don't look like them.

Migrated folks, mostly from Delhi, UP n all might find some resemblence in Pak but again, not with SOUTH INDIANS.

Makes me wonder if you guys have even ever seen a Pakistani up close.

I on behalf of many Indians want to say that I dont think pakistan has any hand in this......
We know how much u love us. Thanks Zardari for his call, and him asking for any help. WE'LL surely call back when time comes......

:pakistan:, Damm there is no INDIAN flag to show...........
I thoght u love us:cry:

See I have zero interest in claiming any commonality. Just don't give a damn to that. Facts are facts. There is no one in the world who can tell a Pakistani apart from an Indian especially the non-tribal vast majority of Pakistan. You are wrong here, just drop this.

That is JUST not true. There is substantial difference between the average Pakistani and Indian physical outlook. And more importantly there is absolute NO similarity been southern Indian (i.e. Tamil) populations and Pakistanis. I've already pointed out the various factors, this guy is no Pakistani and his bearings (height, frame, skin color, age) all easily indicate Indian and opposed to Pakistani origins.

Is this typical Pakistani-speak?

You should learn to ignore such people, friend.

There are many of them and it doesn't matter. Not all posts need to be replied. Let the mods do their job. Report a post if it is offensive.

Originally Posted by saadahmed
Indians won't learn and grow up, its in their nature. Deep inside they still are not over with 1947 partition and they certainly have not forgotten how China kicked India's butt during war. ..... I wonder when the international community is gonna grow tired of them crying "Pakistan" everytime Manmohan Singh pisses his pants!

This type of mentality will make sure where the blame arrows are shot....

Why should we believe he's from Pakistan?

Unless the government of Pakistan tells me otherwise...

You need to hand over the evidence to Pak investigators and let them come to a conclusion.

First India should see if Zardari is willing to work with India against Pakistani Jihadis (both within and outside the Pakistani forces). If he is, then India can deal with him.

Sky news is saying that two pakistani merchant ships have been hijacked by the indian navy.

While the terrorists seem to be Islamist militants they are not simply the usual suicide attackers

Richard Norton-Taylor guardian.co.uk
Thursday November 27 2008

It must be linked to al-Qaida. That was an immediate, simplistic - and probably misleading - response to the attacks on big hotels, seen as western targets, in Mumbai.

Certainly, the terrorists appeared to be Muslim extremists. Although they must have assumed they were going to be killed even though they took hostages, the attackers were not suicide bombers, overt martyrs of the kind we have witnessed elsewhere - in London, Iraq, and now in Afghanistan - since the 9/11 attacks on the US.

A group calling itself the Deccan Mujahideen, which some analysts describe as an al-Qaida affiliate, claimed responsibility for these latest attacks. The group appears to have named itself after a plateau in central south India.

Unlike al-Qaida-inspired extremists, they have made more traditional and more straightforward demands, namely the release of "Muhajideens" held in Indian jails. However, one similarity with al-Qaida tactics is that there was a number of simultaneous attacks.

Two groups, the Indian Mujahideen and Lashkar-i-Taiba (Army of the Pure) have claimed responsibility for attacks in India over the last 12 months, But most of these have been aimed at such vulnerable targets as commuter trains and market places. Those responsible for the latest atacks have different tactics. They had "western" targets in their sights, and they went in fighting - not simply planting bombs and the leaving the area.

One expert was reported today as comparing the attacks to the bombing of the Marriott Hotel in Pakistan's capital, Islamabad, on September 20.

Professor Richard Bonney, the author of Jihad: From Qu'ran To Bin Laden, said the difference was that in Mumbai there were coordinated attacks and westerners were singled out as hostages. He said: "This attack looks more dangerous and better planned, though not directed against possible government targets but economic ones and of course the 'western allies'."

The Indian Mujahideen, described as "home grown miltants", has previously declared "open war" against what it says is 60 years of Muslim persecution in India. Lashkar-i-Taiba has claimed responsibility for attacks protecting at what it calls the Indian occupation of Kashmir.

Dominic Armstrong of Aegis Defence Services, a London-based security firm, said: "Recent attacks by Hindu extremists (some of whom have reportedly been arrested) have been unsubtle and largely against mosques. These attacks look very much to be the work of Islamists, and not Muslims of the more traditional Indian sectarian type, but of a more sinister international flavour, with distinct hallmarks of al-Qaida, although probably at subsidiary/affiliate level".

One issue will be how Pakistan responds, not least to Indian populist accusations that Pakistan is behind all attacks in India, and how much sympathy the new government in Islamabad extends to Delhi.

That is JUST not true. There is substantial difference between the average Pakistani and Indian physical outlook. And more importantly there is absolute NO similarity been southern Indian (i.e. Tamil) populations and Pakistanis. I've already pointed out the various factors, this guy is no Pakistani and his bearings (height, frame, skin color, age) all easily indicate Indian and opposed to Pakistani origins.

are't people of his age are in pakistan???? No height of that order either????

Are young men from 160 mn population of same height and frame?????:what:

US Congressman wants Islamist terror wiped out

US Congressman wants Islamist terror wiped out

United States Congressman Ed Royce, a ranking member of the House Foreign Affairs Committee's Subcommittee on Terrorism [Images], Non-proliferation and Trade, in condemning the terrorist attacks in Mumbai, said, "It is often said that India and America have a natural bond as the two largest democracies."

"Today," he said, "we share a bond of a common enemy: what the 9/11 Commission identified as Islamist terrorism."

Royce, a California Republican, whose has a large Indian-American constituency, including many who originally hail from Mumbai, warned that "Islamist ideology is spreading across South Asia, and must be stamped out."

The lawmaker said, "I am confident in the aftermath of these attacks, we will see the resilience that is embodied in the Indian people."

Royce acknowledged that the coordinated terrorist attacks -- the latest in a six-month bombing campaign that has swept across India -- was also an "attack on the economic boom India has enjoyed, reaching growth rates of 9 percent over the past three years."

There is an analysis going on TV which say pakistan army/ISI could be behind this since Zardari made peace overtures towards India. They say it looks much similar like Kargil episode. The final aim is to stop peace dialogue b/w India and Pakistan.

Well, whatever makes you happy.

I have seen and met hundreds of Pakistanis. I have seen all Pakistani cricketers on TV since at least 10-15 years or more, so many public figures, so many politicians, met many of them when they visited India for the cricket series in Mohali, met them in Dubai and in the West.

May be I did miss something!

But then I do want that people don't mistake Indians for Pakistanis all over the world. We are two different people now with different destinies. We chose a different path when we went our separate ways.

Asst. Commissioner Ashok Kamte: (RIP)
a3a1e39b36b46c990b4567cdbd7361b7.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom