What's new

Mumbai Attacks

Status
Not open for further replies.
HOPAL: In a shocking incident, a 25-year-old woman from Mumbai was allegedly gangraped by three men in a speeding SUV while her husband was held
at gunpoint on Wednesday night. The incident took place on the outskirts of Bhopal. The victim and her husband, residents of central Mumbai, had come to the city on Monday to get their two children admitted to the Asaram Bapu Ashram School here.

The incident comes six days after a similar case in Surat where a teenaged girl was gangraped by three youths in a car.

SP (Bhopal) Jaideep Prasad said, “The couple left the Asaram Bapu ashram at around 8.30 pm. Since the ashram is on the outskirts of the city, they could not find transport to take them back to their hotel in Bhopal. They hitched a ride in a black Innova which had four men. But the moment they boarded the vehicle, the SUV made a U-turn and sped.” According to him, the men in the vehicle were drunk and “very rich people who seemed to be in a frolicking mood, not regular anti-social elements’’ and put a gun to the husband’s head and threatened him.

While one of them held the husband at gunpoint, the others, excluding the driver, took turns to rape the hapless woman. After committing the heinous crime, the men sped up and down the Bhopal-Rajgarh highway. At about 2.45 am, they stopped the vehicle at Mubarakpur Square, 15 km from Bhopal, and pushed the couple down. They also dumped the car seat cover, a couple of silver bracelets and other sundry items, which have been seized.

Soon after the couple reported the incident to the police, raids were conducted in some parts of the city until Thursday morning, but no arrests were made.

The police, who have announced a Rs 5,000 reward for anyone providing information on the accused, are now on the lookout for the black Innova. “We have a list of all black Innovas registered in Bhopal. We are trying to get a list of all such vehicles registered in the state,’’ Prasad said. The couple left the city for Mumbai after the victim’s medical tests.

Source: Mumbai woman gangraped in SUV near Bhopal - Mumbai - Cities - The Times of India

This is absolutely horrible, this situation reflects the danger and unstable conditions in major parts of India. This is not an isolated incident but a long criminal trend perpetrated by Indian males, many of whom maybe privileged.

Time and time again large number of rapes occur in India, in it's most urban areas like Mumbai, Calcutta, and others. It is disgusting to see this trend continue. Many women there are unsafe because India is home to one of the largest population of sexual predators and simply criminal individuals and groups.

The police is also corrupt and do little to solve these problems. The law enforcement issue in India or lack there of facilitates and allows rapes on a large scale to continue, rapes are hardly investigated adequately.

Sure rapes occur everywhere around the world, but in India the numbers are extremely high and cannot be compared to other countries. India's rape statistics are extremely and uniquely high.

Just take a look at this news. Seriously it is sad but a must read for those interested in this topic.

Rape: India's fastest growing crime

Shreya Dhoundial / CNN-IBN

TimePublished on Sun, May 04, 2008 at 02:18 in India section

New Delhi: It's the fastest growing crime in India and New Delhi has seen more than 10 rapes last month alone.

As an embarrassed government gets ready to enact tougher rape laws, the victims continue to face an insensitive police and criminal justice system.

Nearly three years ago as India was celebrating the festival of lights, the world dimmed for an 18-year-old as she was returning from work late in the night.

Iris was first stalked by four drunken men and then raped by one of them in the heart of New Delhi.

"The whole night he raped me. My hands were tied and my voice deserted me," Iris recounts the incident.

And the trauma didn't stop there.

The police first refused to lodge an FIR and when they finally did, no medical tests were ordered.

Instead in a misguided attempt at justice they got her married to her rapist.

Two years on, with a child she conceived the night she was raped, Iris is out on the road, deserted by her husband and looking for justice again.

"Some times I feel I should commit suicide," she says.

Iris is part of statistics that have got sociologists worried.

The reported cases of rape have grown by 700 per cent since 1953. Last year 20,000 rapes were reported in the country. And India's rape capital New Delhi has seen 10 cases last month alone.

One case was that of a minor girl being raped by a policeman.

Sociologists say reasons for this sudden increase is a complex mix of migration, shrinking spaces in cities and the high visibility of women outside their homes.

However, law enforcement agencies argue that actual rape cases haven't increased substantially, what has is their reportage.

And in any case since 80 per cent of the accused are known to the victims, it's a crime virtually not preventable.

Joint Commissioner of Delhi Police Kawaljeet Deol would know.

She helped set up the crime against women cell in the capital 24 years ago.

She says though the police is often blamed for being insensitive to rape victims, their real culprit is the criminal justice system.

The trial of rape cases is very long and intimidation for the victim. Many victims turn hostile because of this," Deol says.

No wonder then that the conviction rate for rape is as low as 27 per cent. In a country where a rape is reported every 30 minutes, it's a statistic that should put all of us to shame.

Source: Rape: India's fastest growing crime

These crimes dont just happen in india but in every country!.......it sad and i hope they catch the rapist and shoot them.

Last edited:
I feel sorry for the lady and her husband. This is really sad, I hope those bast**ds are caught and given capital punishment.

Good thing is that this couple had the courage to report the case and I pray to Allah that their courage help others to come forward as well.

For your kind information, pakistan is one of the poorest country in the world. They depend in US funds to raise there defence power and this is the truth. Our hollywood movies are first of all view by u pakitanis like beggars. The economy of Pakistan is no where.

The information you have about the snaps is just a tricks to divert the minds of the media, The thread in the terrorits hads is only wore my hindu. I deny this fact. I have seen Pakistani cricket players wearing the band called as peace band.
Even we found the satellite phone which were signalled from Pakistan base which was decoded by US FBI. Can you prove this false that FBI were also part of Modi's game. Pakitanis are kids who **** their *** without there brains. :taz:

^^ You first post with insults?, you are not going to las long.

Sayonara!!!!!!

[QUOTE=imran khan;232871]50 hours terarrst inside indian waters and indian navy are sleep tight because they close there radar and fell happy .what a drama they make :argh:[/QUOTE]

HOW DO YOU TRACK A FISHING TRAWLER WITH A RADAR? I DONT GET IT ?ARE YOU REALLY THAT DUMB OR YOU JUST WANT TO POST JUST FOR THE SAKE OF INDIA BASHING

waqastariq-" you say... I say they were Indian terrorist plain and simple truth... and maybe one day truth will reveal it self... You can kep on blaming others..".

THE ABOVE POST SHOWS YOUR MATURITY AND YOUR MIND SET .....
YOU ARE ONE OF THE TYPE WHO SAYS " I AM NOT GOING TO BELIEVE IT NOMATTER WHAT"- COZ YOU CHOOSE TO BE BLIND. THIS IS A FORUM WHERE YOU COME WITH A OPEN MIND AND DEBATE ..... YOU ARE NOT GOING ANY THING(KNOWLEDGE COZ OF YOUR MINDSET ) SO WHY DEBATE IN THE FIRST PLACE WHEN YOUR MIND IS CLOSED ...

judge it for ur self do they look foriegn.
they look indians 1000%.

SO DO PAKISTANI'S LOOK LIKE CHINEESE OR LIKE WESTENERS ?
DUDE PEOPLE FROM BOTH COUNTRIES LOOK ALIKE.......AND AS FOR THE LIQUOR PART - MR . JINNAH DRANK . SO YOU CANT ARGUE ABOUT MUSLIMS DRINKING EITHER

Guys i found one on youtube.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom