What's new

Mumbai Attacks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear dabloo,

Don't be a smartass, you know I'm right and you know very well you are wrong.

Sincerely,

K_B

Dear Beast,

Once again a**, if you are to decide who is right and who is wrong, they What are you doing on this forum, Forum is for everyone to put their view, you can have your own website any there you can say 100 times you are right and I am wrong, nobody will bother you.

Thanks
Dabloo

The global police agency Interpol says India has not shared any information with it about last month's deadly attacks in Mumbai (Bombay).

Interpol secretary general Ronald Noble, who is in Islamabad, said its only knowledge of what happened had come from the media.

Pakistan also says it has had no firm information from Delhi.

India says Pakistani militants carried out the attacks, which left more than 170 people dead.
The information Interpol has about what happened in Mumbai is the same information that you have

Only one of the 10 gunmen, Mohammed Ajmal Amir Qasab, survived and he is in Indian custody.

On Monday India handed a letter to Pakistan it says was written by Mr Qasab, confirming he is Pakistani and asking for Islamabad's help.

The attacks have severely strained relations between the two countries.

Police in Indian-administered Kashmir said on Tuesday they had arrested three militants from Pakistan who were planning to launch suicide bomb attacks in the city of Jammu.

According to the police, one of those detained was a Pakistani army soldier and all were members of the Jaish-e-Mohammed militant group, which is violently opposed to India's presence in Kashmir.

There was no immediate response from the Pakistani army to the Indian allegation.

Mr Noble has been in Islamabad for talks with Rehman Malik, the adviser to the prime minister on interior affairs.

At the weekend he had met India's Minister of Home Affairs Palaniappan Chidambaram in Delhi.

Ronald Noble is heading an Interpol team to India and Pakistan

Mr Noble said in the Pakistani capital: "To date, India's government has not authorised India's police agencies to enter any data relating to the recent terrorist attacks in Mumbai into Interpol's databases.

"The information Interpol has about what happened in Mumbai is the same information that you have - it's information that was read in journals, that was read on the internet or that was seen on TV."

Mr Noble has said Interpol is willing to pass on DNA profiles, photos and fingerprints of the suspects worldwide.

He said it was Delhi's "sovereign choice" on whether to pass on evidence, but was confident more would be forthcoming.

"We are hopeful that it will happen very quickly. We've deployed a team there for that reason."

Mr Malik reiterated Pakistan's line that it is willing to take part in an investigation but has had no data from India.

"We want to bring the culprits to justice... We are prepared to co-operate with India but they have to bring us evidence."

India says militants of the Lashkar-e-Taiba group carried out the attack, citing evidence provided by Mr Qasab.

Mumbai police have listed in full the names and apparent aliases of the men it said carried out the attack, along with photographs, and says all were from Pakistan.

India's foreign ministry said Mr Qasab's letter to the Pakistan High Commission "stated that he and the other terrorists killed in the attack were from Pakistan and [he] has sought a meeting with the Pakistan High Commission".

Islamabad says it is examining the letter but has made no official response.

'Regrettable'

Meanwhile, the chairman of the US Joint Chiefs of Staff, Adm Mike Mullen, has urged Pakistan to work with India to combat extremism, a US embassy statement has said.

Pakistan has yet to respond to Mr Qasab's letter

Adm Mullen has been in Islamabad to meet the Pakistani army chief and head of the intelligence service.

The embassy said Adm Mullen urged Pakistan to "use this tragic event as an opportunity to forge more productive ties with India and to seek ways in which both nations can combat the common threat of extremism together".

Separately, Mr Chidambaram said comments by a minister that suggested there was another agenda to the killing of senior policemen in the Mumbai attacks were "wrong and deeply regrettable".

Minority Affairs Minister AR Antulay had questioned who sent anti-terrorism chief Hemant Karkare - who had been investigating suspected Hindu radical attacks - and others to their deaths at the scene of the attacks.

Mr Antulay said Mr Chidambaram had "clarified all doubts" and "the matter is settled".

BBC NEWS | World | South Asia | Interpol 'not given Mumbai data'

Dear Beast,

Once again a**, if you are to decide who is right and who is wrong, they What are you doing on this forum, Forum is for everyone to put their view, you can have your own website any there you can say 100 times you are right and I am wrong, nobody will bother you.

Thanks
Dabloo

Dear Babloo,

I think it was you who started lecturing me about the "difference between terrorists and naxals"...I have edited my previous post to clarify better where I check mated you. Chill man, you can out maneuver me in another thread, this debate is done and done. :enjoy:

Warm Regards,
K_B

Interpol should not get involved among inter-state controversies.

I completely agree with you:tup::tup:

By bringing a third party investigative agency, the respective government would only be undermining the credibility of its own country's investigative agency - it will only show that the country's government does not trust the ability of its own agency

No self-respecting government would agree to let Interpol help in its domestic investigation.

Reporting for merger with this thread
http://www.defence.pk/forums/world-affairs/18288-interpol-chief-meets-rehman-malik.html

now interpol bor india were indians bring some evedence they now confuse.

Ofcourse nobody wants war, what is it exactly now the Indians want?
I think they're all confused of what they really want.
They simply cannot prove Pakistans role in this, and that's what frustrating them I think, also the fact that a military option would be deadly for both nations means they don't have much to bring in.
They should've prevented it, they had all the time, the warnings, and resources to do so.
They're trying to hide their shortcomings in these bombings by totally blaming Pakistan.

You see there is a difference between the statements of the PM and FM of India..Manmohan doesn't speak abt the war rather peace and Parnab is giving the war impression so what is their govt's policy?its not clear :disagree:

Dear Babloo,

I think it was you who started lecturing me about the "difference between terrorists and naxals"...I have edited my previous post to clarify better where I check mated you. Chill man, you can out maneuver me in another thread, this debate is done and done. :enjoy:

Warm Regards,
K_B

Dear K_B,

Atleast, this time you restrained using a**, it was a nice feeling.

Yeh i may agree with you, but still would not like to call them terrorist, though they are very dangerous for any government, but they have chosen their targets and mostly they stick to them, though some times general people are also killed in crossfiring.

dabloo

I disagree with Slugger's view about "undermining the credibility of its own country's investigative agency". Very suspicious, that Interpol hasn't been given the data. I'm having doubts now.

I disagree with Slugger's view about "undermining the credibility of its own country's investigative agency". Very suspicious, that Interpol hasn't been given the data. I'm having doubts now.
Trust me, you aren't the only one with doubts about this whole case.

India has given no information about last month's attacks in Mumbai to Interpol and information passed to media by Indian investigators should be shared if it is accurate, the police agency's chief said today.
Pakistan, under pressure over Indian accusations that the 10 gunmen who attacked Mumbai came from Pakistan, has complained that India has yet to provide it with any evidence to push its investigation forward.

Interpol Secretary General Ronald K. Noble told a news conference in Islamabad until Indian authorities shared information, police around the world would be unable to make any determination about the identity of the attackers.

"To date, India's government has not authorised India's police agencies to enter any data relating to the recent terrorist attacks in Mumbai in Interpol's databases," Noble said.

"The information Interpol has about what happened in Mumbai is the same information that you have. It's information that we've read in journals, that we've read on the Internet or that we've seen on TV," he said.

Tension between nuclear-armed India and Pakistan has spiked since the assault on India's financial heart, which killed 179 people.

(India and the United States) have blamed the banned Pakistan-based militant group Lashkar-e-Taiba for the attacks.

Pakistan has cracked down on militants and detained scores of people including several top leaders, but it has repeatedly said it needs evidence from India to investigate.

Like Noble, Pakistan says the only information it has received on the Mumbai attacks has come through media reports.

Indian officials have said they have passed on information.

Gunmen
Noble said it was a country's right to decide when it should share information but it was unacceptable for authorities to pass accurate information to media without sharing it with Interpol.

"We can't enter newspaper information in our police databases, we can only enter information that we receive from police authorities," he said.

"Right now, police around the world who are searching names in police databases that you might be familiar with from reading the newspapers ... will get negative responses because that information is not in Interpol's database," he said.

The Indian foreign ministry on Monday handed a letter written by the lone surviving gunman from the Mumbai attacks, Ajmal Amir Kasab, to Pakistan's acting high commissioner in New Delhi.

Kasab said he and the nine gunmen killed in the siege were from Pakistan, the ministry said. Pakistan confirmed its mission had received a letter and it was being examined.

Pakistani Interior Ministry chief Rehman Malik said in the letter that "reportedly" came from Kasab, he had asked for legal assistence.

Authorities had searched for Kasab on a database that in theory contains the names of all Pakistanis but they had found nothing, Malik told the news conference.

Malik also said an al Qaeda-linked militant group was behind the September suicide truck-bomb attack on the Marriott Hotel in Islamabad in which 55 people were killed.

"Lashkar-e-Jhangvi is involved in it. We have identified all people and its links are back in South Waziristan," he said, referring to a known al Qaeda and Taliban stronghold in a lawless enclave on the Afghan border.

Interpol: "India should share Mumbai evidence" - Asia, World - The Independent

Looks Like its time for india to put up or shut up :azn:

Good thread. I think this is entirely true. The operation was completely bungled up as was obvious from the coverage and follow up reports. This also takes care of the myth that the operation took long because there were hostages. Infact, the terrorists were not interested in that instead they were sitting merely waiting for some one to come and fight with them so that they could kill and get killed but no one had the courage to go close to them for close to 60 hours. Real eye opener.............. enough for singing praise of the "bravery of police and NSG". Incompetence and timidity ruled the fateful days....:coffee:

Dear Kharian,
Do you know difference between Terrorist & Naxali, terrorist has no targets, they have to kill any one who come to there way, while naxali is movement (though they may not be right) to bring communist government in India by the mean of weapons. But they also don't kill general people, they always attack police and government officials only.

Further on all the postings, Why every pakistani friend are behind India a**, India also have c***, wht about that.

Dabloo

Any organization or individual that uses terror tactics in order to achieve its goals is a terrorist. However, the hypopcrites have a different definition, according to them only Muslims qualify as terrorists, others may use same mehods but they cannot be called terrorists.

Any organization or individual that uses terror tactics in order to achieve its goals is a terrorist. However, the hypopcrites have a different definition, according to them only Muslims qualify as terrorists, others may use same mehods but they cannot be called terrorists.

So do you agree, that there are terrorist in Jammu & Kashmir, what about your own friends in bangladesh killing and raping hindu women and girls be called. can you define it.

Dont pretend to be Bangladeshi, if you are Pakistani.

Dabloo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom