What's new

Mumbai Attacks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kamran Akmal and Sohail Tanvir were in Mumbai for the Champions League. Geo has reported that they are safe and have escaped the area.

My condolences to all those affected by the terorist act. May Allah give the strength to the grieved families to bear this loss.

These kind of acts no matter where they happen should be condenmed in the strongest possible term.

Over 80 killed in series of gun and grenade attacks in India’s financial hub: Mumbai under attack

* Gunmen storm two police headquarters, luxury hotels, tourist resort, train station
* Targeting Britons and Americans, holding hostages
* Military deployed as gunfights continue

MUMBAI: Teams of heavily armed gunmen stormed luxury hotels, a popular tourist attraction and a crowded train station in at least seven attacks in India’s financial capital, killing 80 people including the Mumbai Anti-Terror Squad chief.

At least 250 people were wounded in the gun and grenade attacks, officials said.

Gunmen opened fire on two of the city’s best-known luxury hotels, the Taj Mahal and the Oberoi. They attacked the crowded Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus station in southern Mumbai and Leopold’s restaurant, a Mumbai landmark. They also attacked police headquarters in south Mumbai.

Britons and Americans: The gunmen were specifically targeting Britons and Americans, media reports said, and are holding foreigners hostage, including European parliamentarians.

A British restaurant-goer at the Oberoi said the gunman spoke in Hindi or Urdu.

Military: Hours after the first attacks, AN Roy, a senior police officer, said police continued to battle the gunmen. Local television channels said the army had been deployed in the city and had begun moving into one of the hotels, the Oberoi. PTI news agency said seven foreign Indian Champions League cricket teams were scheduled to stay in the Taj Hotel. Pakistani cricketers Kamran Akmal and Sohail Tanveer told a Pakistani TV channel they were safe. agencies/daily times monitor

Daily Times - Leading News Resource of Pakistan

It appears that hostages are being held at the Taj Hotel, the Oberoi Hotel and at Nariman House (which contains a Jewish community center).

There are two terrorists on the roof of the Taj Hotel right now.

Some of the terrorists managed to escape in stolen vans and the license numbers are being publicized.

Hope these animals are caught alive.

Just seen in TV, NSG commandos have entered Taj

my friend dont confuse them with jihadis
they are not jihadis because the "war" they are fighting is unjust and nowhere allowed in the quran.

They believe they are "jihadis". They justify their actions based on the Quran and the Haddith. What should we call them then? There does not seem to be any Islamic authority on earth that can call them to task. They do not seem to respect even the ulema at Deoband.

I hope all killed people would RIP and all other affect could get their normal lives back soon. Those terrorists should all be shot dead or put into jail for life.

However, if you check what happened to those Muslims in India, you will see the biggest anti-human rights crimes systematically carried out by the current and past regime of India.

I hope all killed people would RIP and all other affect could get their normal lives back soon. Those terrorists should all be shot dead or put into jail for life.

However, if you check what happened to those Muslims in India, you will see the biggest anti-human rights crimes systematically carried out by the current and past regime of India.

A chinese lecturing on human rights! I think the End is near.. :undecided:

They believe they are "jihadis". They justify their actions based on the Quran and the Haddith. What should we call them then? There does not seem to be any Islamic authority on earth that can call them to task. They do not seem to respect even the ulema at Deoband.

I wonder why then were you guys financing them throughout the 70,s 80s and 90s if they were at such extreme odds strategically and philosophically?

Reactions: Neo

China has cleaned up it's act, what has India shown to the world? An attack of this magnitude would never happen in China. Seems to me this could be a product of domestic suppression.

the human rights protection in China is about 20 years more advanced than what you have in India.

Let's just look at one stats, no more rubbish, just solid stats from respectful 3rd party organization:

Literacy:

definition: age 15 and over can read and write
total population: 61%
male: 73.4%
female: 47.8% (2001 census)

https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/in.html

I tell you mate, discrimination against women in such scale is shocking.

Again I don't want to go off topic too much, so I also present you how those muslims/Christians are abused in your country:

Religious violence in India - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Anti-Christian violence in India - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

why they want to bomb population centers (which is 100% illegal), because they got treated so badly!

now don't get me wrong, I do NOT support such terrorists.

however, to really stop such attacks in the future, you need to think about the reasons why you saw such attacks so often in 2008 in India. there must be something wrong there with its laws, policies and the people.

we Chinese have a lot of human rights issues, but we just acknowledge the fact. you can check all reports released by our government, what they say is "there are a lot of problems, but we are improving on all of them". we don't hide/deny problems.

too much nationalism (e.g. "I am from India and thus everything in India must be great") gets you nowhere. you don't need such nationalism rubbish to make your history/culture/civilization a great one, as it is always a great one from day one.

I wonder why then were you guys financing them throughout the 70,s 80s and 90s if they were at such extreme odds strategically and philosophically?

KB,
We agreed with them that the Soviets were godless. And the Soviets were attacking them in their homeland in an act of aggression. We help freedom fighters whenever it is feasible. However, you have to understand that we have such a thoroughly ingrained culture of separation of church (or mosque) and state that we did not appreciate that once in power they would behave so barbarically. We still have not come to terms with "freedom" fighters who believe in democracy for one vote and one vote only. The one that puts them in power. We are learning that there is a strong anti-democratic strain in Muslim theology.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom