What's new

Mumbai Attacks

Status
Not open for further replies.
It has nothing to do with "Sarah Sidner Incident" or whatever - a lot more "embarassing stuff" has been broadcast on Indian channels.

We have terrorists speaking live to television channels giving long propaganda speeches, we have television channels giving out operational details simply "warned" and "requested" to "refrain" from revealing details.

the entire world media is broadcasting live from India for god's sake. You think the "Sarah Sidner" incident was never shown on any other TV Channel?

There is obviously good reason why they are not renewing their license just yet.

Flint, why are wasting your energy on this issue, let it be, and he has his own conclusion, so be it.

This is the incident I presume?

There was also an incident where a mob of onlookers, apparently growing outraged at the media coverage of the tragic events unfolding throughout the city, blocked Sara Sidner's camera and effectively forced them to stop reporting for several moments. Sidner later recalled that she wasn't fearful but the crowd had been rather insistent that they stop videotaping.

Sara Sidner Reports from Site of Mumbai Terrorist Attacks - Associated Content

You seem rather quick to jump to conclusions, in spite the fact that nothing has been explained as yet.

I saw the incident and since I watch CNN and I consider it more responsible than Fox or Sky its strange why CNN's licence was not re-newed inspite of the Indian Govt. knowing its world-wide reach.

Till now you have been writing one liners without no substance on this topic care to use your grey cells and tell me why CNN cannot get its licence re-newed or is it they did not pay their bribe ?

Regards

Ps : Once again I ask you did you see the Sarah Sidner groping broadcast ? If not I suggest u lay of on this topic.

I am watching CNN Live from Bombay right now (17:20 CST). What disruption are you guys speaking of? It was on all last night too!!

I am watching CNN Live from Bombay right now (17:20 CST). What disruption are you guys speaking of? It was on all last night too!!

You can watch it live but no live video uplink from in front of Taj. Would have posted all the links but it will derail and start a flame war.

Regards

why do I have a feeling this will go nowhere just like the previous bombings?Have they cleared out the hotels now?dammit how many were there the gunmen and how could have they held out for so long?

You can watch it live but no live video uplink from in front of Taj. Would have posted all the links but it will derail and start a flame war.

Regards

I am watching the Taj just now. There was an explosion again 5 minutes ago followed by automatic gunfire. Journos running for cover. Are you sure bud?

I am watching the Taj just now. There was an explosion again 5 minutes ago followed by automatic gunfire. Journos running for cover. Are you sure bud?

Yes I am. I am watching CNN now they are showing a feed from Star News.

Regards

CNN's License to Broadcast From India Expires

In the midst of one of the biggest international stories in months — the ongoing siege on Mumbai, CNN's license to broadcast live from India has expired. CNN had applied for and received a 5-day license which began last Monday and expired today. CNN had a license when the story broke because they were broadcasting a special series on India and business. All foreign broadcasters need to have a license to transmit live from India.

"Live satellite transmission from India has to be approved by the Indian government," CNN spokesperson Nigel Pritchard tells TVNewser. "Unfortunately, the officials are not extending CNN's live transmission license."

CNN/U.S. and CNNI can still simulcast the transmissions from their partner CNN IBN. Pritchard says the network will also "continue to have correspondents at the Taj Hotel and other locations in Mumbai and will be reporting from the various scenes on the latest news via phone."

CNN's License to Broadcast From India Expires - mediabistro.com: TVNewser

Characteristics of Plot Suggest Outside Help, Analysts Say

Official Says Two Attackers Were British Citizens of Pakistani Origin

BERLIN, Nov. 28 -- Counterterrorism officials and experts said the scale, sophistication and targets involved in the Mumbai attacks were markedly different from previous terrorist plots in India and suggested the gunmen had received training from outside the country. But they cautioned it was too soon to tell who may have masterminded the operation, despite an assertion from a previously unknown Islamist radical group.

Officials in India, Europe and the United States said likely culprits included Islamist networks based in Pakistan that have received support in the past from Pakistan's intelligence agencies.

Meanwhile, British officials said they were investigating the possibility that two of its citizens were involved in the attacks.

In India, Vilasrao Deshmukh, the chief minister of the state of Maharashtra, which includes Mumbai, told reporters that two of the captured gunmen were British citizens of Pakistani origin. He gave no details.

The British government said it was investigating but unable to confirm the report.

"I would not want to be drawn into early conclusions about this," Prime Minister Gordon Brown told reporters. "There is so much information still to be discovered and made available."

"But obviously when you have terrorists operating in one country they may be getting support from another country or coming from another country," Brown added. "It is very important that we strengthen the cooperation between India and Britain in dealing with these instances of terrorist attacks."

British security officials said they were studying photographs of some attackers but were still trying to establish their nationalities. A team of counterterrorism investigators from Scotland Yard has been sent to Mumbai to assist in the investigation.

"We obviously will want to work very, very closely with the Indians on that, but it is too early to say whether or not any of them are British," David Miliband, the British foreign secretary, said of the suspects.

British intelligence officials have warned for years that scores of Britons Muslims have gone to receive training at militant camps inside Pakistan, including at least three of the bombers in the July 7, 2005, London transit attacks.

Other officials in London, however, denied that there were any links between British citizens and the Mumbai attackers.

"The British deputy high commissioner has spoken to Indian authorities who say there is no evidence that any of the terrorists are British," said a spokesperson for the British Foreign Office, speaking on condition of anonymity, as is customary for government spokesmen.

washingtonpost.com

This old country boy is REALLY confused. One of the TVs in the house my study is on CNN live, and broadband shows this.....

IBNLive.com > CNN IBN Live Streaming

come on ya'll!! what am I missing??

CNN IBN is a partner channel but different from CNN and is an majority INDIAN OWNED CHANNEL and hence they donot need permission for live video link unlike foreign channel.

Please read this from my above post the below sentence

CNN/U.S. and CNNI can still simulcast the transmissions from their partner CNN IBN

Regards

Thanks AN. That does clear up the mystery. Good for me - somebody can still give me live feed....:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom