What's new

Multiple Terrorist groups claim Wagah Border attack, 55 people killed.

I will agree with second part of your post. Our planners do make some mistakes while making strategic decision but bigger mistake is that they are unable to correct it.

His first point is more relevant than the second part, America can play any game in Afghanistan, because they live 1000s of kilometers away ...... that is not the case with India, Pakistan, Iran and others.........

I will agree with second part of your post. Over planner do made some mistakes while making strategic decision but bigger mistake is that they are unable to correct it.
They didn't just make mistake making the decision. The following leaders made no effort to change it, and problem increased as you see now. If it wasn't for 9/11, things would not have changed. And when they did decided to correct the mistakes, they did it in a abrupt manner. Not that they had choice - international pressure was there.

I fail to understand the purpose of your post. not sure what you are trying to imply here. at face value it seems to be mocking us but hopefully it isn't the case.
@nair @sandy_3126 @illusion8 help me out here what your fellow countryman is telling us

For sure i will not agree on that line of thought.... This incident happened few hundred meters away from Indian boarder, and it could have been this side as well...... so nothing to rejoice or be happy about it...... End of the day there are 60 odd people (just like us ) who lost their life...... What was their fault???? Nothing....... I will be the last person on earth to support the score card comparison based on death of innocent civilians.........

I think both you and @Irfan Baloch misunderstood that post from @Bang Galore. He was not talking about the day of the bomb blast but the next day when Pakistanis showed respect to the victims by attending the Wagah border ceremony again.

His first point is more relevant than the second part, America can play any game in Afghanistan, because they live 1000s of kilometers away ...... that is not the case with India, Pakistan, Iran and others.........

Basically all countries you mentioned in your post are trapped in great game of super powers although India think they are becoming one but US and west will only allow them to grow to a level where they think it is good for them.

They didn't just make mistake making the decision. The following leaders made no effort to change it, and problem increased as you see now. If it wasn't for 9/11, things would not have changed. And when they did decided to correct the mistakes, they did it in a abrupt manner. Not that they had choice - international pressure was there.

Its not just of international pressure and many think if you live in Pakistan you will know what is really happening on the ground.

I think both you and @Irfan Baloch misunderstood that post from @Bang Galore. He was not talking about the day of the bomb blast but the next day when Pakistanis showed respect to the victims by attending the Wagah border ceremony again.
I liked to think so too much the ending sentence didnt seem right
I will let it pass. it cant hurt us more than what the terrorists have achieved already.

Its not just of international pressure and many think if you live in Pakistan you will know what is really happening on the ground.
I was talking about just post 9/11. If I remember right terrorism started hurting Pakistan after the crackdown started. And thus necessitated even harsher crackdown.

I was talking about just post 9/11. If I remember right terrorism started hurting Pakistan after the crackdown started. And thus necessitated even harsher crackdown.

The crack down against any threat of terror started before 9/11 but it was not as huge and publicized as it was after 9/11.

I liked to think so too much the ending sentence didnt seem right
I will let it pass. it cant hurt us more than what the terrorists have achieved already.

It is pretty obvious that he was talking about the next day. Firstly, the Indian side was probably packed on the day of the bomb blast as usual. Secondly, he was commenting on a news about the following day which is clear from the quoted text. I am not sure how and why one would assume that he was talking about the day of the blast.

It is pretty obvious that he was talking about the next day. Firstly, the Indian side was probably packed on the day of the bomb blast as usual. Secondly, he was commenting on a news about the following day which is clear from the quoted text. I am not sure how and why one would assume that he was talking about the day of the blast.

India, Pakistan lower flag at Wagah border ceremony day after deadly attack | Reuters
India's home ministry had earlier said the daily flag-lowering ceremony would be suspended as a mark of respect for the dead - the first time the parade would have been called off since the two countries went to war in 1971.

But later Pakistani officials changed their mind, deciding to go ahead with the ritual to send a message to the militants.
I think he meant this, a lot of Pakistanis gathering certainly send a big massage.
@Irfan Baloch

The crack down against any threat of terror started before 9/11 but it was not as huge and publicized as it was after 9/11.
I always call as war for terror, rather than war on terror, Terrorism before 9/11 and start of WoT was almost none, but due to presence of USA and India, in Afghanistan it grew. Also Pakistani nuclear blasts are pretty significant in this regards.

@Topic,

Sad incident, May Allah given Jannah to the Martyr. And remove this hell from Us.

I always call as war for terror, rather than war on terror, Terrorism before 9/11 and start of WoT was almost none, but due to presence of USA and India, in Afghanistan it grew. Also Pakistani nuclear blasts are pretty significant in this regards.

Basically world powers get many kills with one arrow and ordinary people like us can't really see what is actually going on, media only shows what world power want people to see.

This is my theory, target was ground zero. just think about the immense implications in case terrorists succeeded in it. primary target was not to kill pakistanis in numbers. if they wanted they could have targeted imran khan's dharnas with unprecedented crowd.

One of many savages that have this takfiri ideology. It is the duty of every Pakistani to fight this poison, or we will see more of these horrid acts.

The problem is that common folk and parts of the establishment have allowed a malignant, poisonous and alien creed to establish itself with the country. Families and friends ignored it and would say "mashallah he is religious now", not knowing the same man whilst praying, was also parallel plotting mass murder. Common folk would say "don't create fasad and fitnah between firqahs, or do firqah bazi", yet the very same people were calling Barelvis kaffir, Sufis kaffir, Shia Kaffir, seculars kaffir and so on. The establishment used their brutality for "strategic" purposes, yet when these same brutes attacked them,they were stunned.

Pakistan really needs an awakening, I hope this is the start of it.

Last edited:
One of many savages that have this takfiri ideology. It is the duty of every Pakistani to fight this poison, or we will see more of these horrid acts.

The problem is that common folk and parts of the establishment have allowed a malignant, poisonous and alien creed to establish itself with the country. Families and friends ignored it and would say "mashallah he is religious now", not knowing the same man whilst praying, was also parallel plotting mass murder. Common folk would say "don't create fasad and fitnah between firqahs, or do firqah bazi", yet the very same people were calling Barelvis kaffir, Sufis kaffir, Shia Kaffir, seculars kaffir and so on. The established used their brutality for "strategic" purposes, yet when these same brutes attacked them,they were stunned.

Pakistan really needs an awakening, I hope this is the start of it.

Problem is can the liberals and secular Pakistanis raise their voice against the mullah brigade? other fearless people that have tried have met with the fate of death such as the Shahbaz Bhatti and even Bhutto who was seen as a threat were eliminated.

Back
Top Bottom