What's new

Multiple problems with newly imported indian buses, are grounded now

Indian shoddy products are sold as pigs with lipstick and Awami League once again deceived people on massive corruption. Just like oil tankers imported were found inoperable.

Or the Chinese trains which are inoperable? Or the Swedish buses which shat themselves.

There is one thing common here, Bangladesh and Bangladeshis.

Cannot say here ;)

Lol wtf? Did you buy a tank or something:cheesy: Now am more curious, damn you!

No wonder I haven't been seeing them lately. Hey, at least they look pretty good.

A colleague of mine rode on one of those. He said they were very comfortable compared other buses. Especially those private operators :sick:

Come now @idune there are better threads to open up than this. Though I admit, Bangladesh's public transport system need an overhaul.

i also rode once and liked it very much. but they stopped operating those buses after one or two week as they were not feasible economically ..

Last edited by a moderator:
i also rode once and liked it very much. but they stopped operating those buses after one or two week as they were not feasible economically ..

Well, I'm sure that there are folks who'd be willing to pay Tk. 100 to get a first-class ride to their offices.

I wonder what they mean by not being economically feasible. This country really needs a better public transport system.

Ugh...maybe it is to prevent those Jamat/Shibir throwing stones at them. From what I know, they weren't cheap! They don't come out during hartals.

Well, I'm sure that there are folks who'd be willing to pay Tk. 100 to get a first-class ride to their offices.

I wonder what they mean by not being economically feasible. This country really needs a better public transport system.

Ugh...maybe it is to prevent those Jamat/Shibir throwing stones at them. From what I know, they weren't cheap! They don't come out during hartals.

nah., half of the bus was empty... they were charging double and it wasnt feasible according to that helper..

Comfortable seating and quality are two different things. Even riksaw will be comfortable with proper seating and mechanical support. That being said one need to compare these shoddy indian products with ordinary Japanese buses operate in Bangladesh in price and technical spec. Enough said.

Comfortable seating and quality are two different things. Even riksaw will be comfortable with proper seating and mechanical support. That being said one need to compare these shoddy indian products with ordinary Japanese buses operate in Bangladesh in price and technical spec. Enough said.

Heck I'd prefer a Japanese one over any Asian maker any day! :lol:

By the way, congrats on making it to Elite status.

stupid bangladeshis doesn't know a thing about maintenance and they question the quality of the bus :pissed:

Multiple problems with Ashok Leland buses imported from india are grounded with following problems:

1) Excessive fuel consumption
2) Faulty ac
3) Displaced clutch plate
4) Unbearable engine noise

Just for a single trip from Motijheel to Gazipur a 51 km route cost 90 liters of gas (6120 taka). There is problem changing gear. People are unwilling to ride these bus with noise and faulty ac while fare is as much as private bus which uses mostly Japanese and/or Volvo brand.
So only one month after fanfare inauguration by Awami League regime 40 buses are already sitting in deport. Authorities are unwilling to provide fitness certificate with such miserable condition but it is well known indian operatives are pulling string inside Awami League for clearance and 20 percent of remaining payment.

????????.???:??????????? ??? ??? ??? ?????? ????????

They should buy some buses from Master Corp Pakistan which manufacture buses of all types and trucks too on cheaper cost compared to Hino Pak and Isuzu....

Heck I'd prefer a Japanese one over any Asian maker any day! :lol:

By the way, congrats on making it to Elite status.
not sure about japanese ones, but volvo brand is quite popular in India, and is considered comfortable. Most bus operators mention it and charge extra. (usually used for intercity transport)
For city transport, you need something that is sturdy and functional, which can take lot of abuse, rather than one that is comfortable. It will keep the cost of running low, and you will be able to afford cheaper tickets for people.
Indian buses give price advantage, but if you factor in second hand bus, then probably european and japanese will be better.

I am now visiting Bd. I am not sure about India-supplied buses, but the TATA trucks are doing hell of a job. All these trucks are excessively overloaded, but they run fast and steady in the inter-district roads.

Our BD-made rug tug small NOSIMON 3-wheeler pickups are also doing very well. It can carry more than 1 ton.

Last edited:

it means the passenger load factor was low for 100 rs ticket, may be they chose the wrong route for example routes used by white collar workers will have more passengers in these buses. 
Cannot say here ;)
kill the bloody bankers ... buying cars after cars squeezing our blood. Now responsible for global warming too. :butcher:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom