What's new

Multi Caliber Assault Rifle Maverick Cavalier Group Pakistan

Yes they make some sense for sure I was always asking to induct multi caliber rifles for great felxibility you don't know in war when you ammo is finished you might have to use different ammo

BW 20 is main contender to replace 7.62mm caliber of G 3 for all armed forces of Pakistan

Yes they make some sense for sure I was always asking to induct multi caliber rifles for great felxibility you don't know in war when you ammo is finished you might have to use different ammo

BW 20 is main contender to replace 7.62mm caliber of G 3 for all armed forces of Pakistan
Why more practical?
Because it can fire different types of ammos by one gun no need to have different gun for other caliber ammos

do you understand what multi caliber is and how one can use it?
In order to fire another caliber from the same gun you need to change the barrel, which is not possible when you are in war and enemy is firing at you.
Even if the enemy gives you time to change the barrel you do understand the weight on carrying another barrel and then ammo

Huge civil market in Pakistan...
All local guns that I have seen till date are sh**t, local gun makers have zero knowledge of metallurgy.

In order to fire another caliber from the same gun you need to change the barrel, which is not possible when you are in war and enemy is firing at you.
Even if the enemy gives you time to change the barrel you do understand the weight on carrying another barrel and then ammo
But wouldn't multi caliber rifles be better for logistics point of view, instead of having 3 different kinds of rifles, you only have 1 rifle now with 3 different barrels.

And why would soldiers would change barrels in the middle of a firefight?

But wouldn't multi caliber rifles be better for logistics point of view, instead of having 3 different kinds of rifles, you only have 1 rifle now with 3 different barrels.

And why would soldiers would change barrels in the middle of a firefight?
Name me one professional army which has 3 calibers? carrying or taking care of multi caliber would be a greater logistical problem.
I did not say that the soldier would change barrel in the middle of firefight, the gentleman i quoted stated that.

I dont see how, multi caliber rifles allow a greater interchangeability of parts. The average infantry man wont be changing caliber lol.

Name me one professional army which has 3 calibers? carrying or taking care of multi caliber would be a greater logistical problem.
I did not say that the soldier would change barrel in the middle of firefight, the gentleman i quoted stated that.
It's flexible to use though, our soldiers fought in FATA and Balochistan with 7.62×39mm rounds but 7.62×51 is also in widespread use.

My point is, instead of using 2 different guns like what I mentioned above, a single gun with interchangeable barrels is a better option. But it's just an opinion.

It's flexible to use though, our soldiers fought in FATA and Balochistan with 7.62×39mm rounds but 7.62×51 is also in widespread use.

My point is, instead of using 2 different guns like what I mentioned above, a single gun with interchangeable barrels is a better option. But it's just an opinion.
every country has one major battle rifle which the majority uses, special forces or select group only use mission specific guns.

Back
Top Bottom