What's new

Mukesh Ambani: India in 2047 could be as rich as America and China

China has some great way to increase economy size like nobody else has in the world. China can add US gdp in a year as well if they want.
I guess you are mistaken, China adds over one Australia's GDP each year now, not US GDP.

The country has seen massive improvements. When I was growing up, I hadn't seen a single piece of infrastructure I could be proud of. Now there are hundreds.
Expressways, high quality highways, gated communities for the middle class, supermarkets with almost everything you need, good cars, good schools, good hospitals...

The rate of growth is not as high as China. That doesn't mean the country isn't growing.
As more people get pulled into the middle class with the rising economy, their lives will improve. If you use statistics, we will reach middle income status in roughly 2 decades.

Developed status isn't guaranteed, but it would take at least 2 more decades after that.

The country has seen massive improvements. When I was growing up, I hadn't seen a single piece of infrastructure I could be proud of. Now there are hundreds.
Expressways, high quality highways, gated communities for the middle class, supermarkets with almost everything you need, good cars, good schools, good hospitals...

The rate of growth is not as high as China. That doesn't mean the country isn't growing.
As more people get pulled into the middle class with the rising economy, their lives will improve. If you use statistics, we will reach middle income status in roughly 2 decades.

Developed status isn't guaranteed, but it would take at least 2 more decades after that.

Why do you explain these to the trolls. Do not you know that already they know it. They are enslaved by their army and their ruling regime. They have been brainwashed in reeducation camps to believe what their ruling elite want them to believe.

Even today, China imports rice from India.
China, a country with far better nutrition condition is importing food from India, a country with one of the worst hunger conditions in the world. As a Chinese, I don't mind it at all. Actually the more agricultural products we could buy from the international markets, the better to the overall welfare of the Chinese people.

But I just don't know what is the feeling of an Indian person in starvation after he/she read the news. On the one-hand he/she cannot find the food, on the other hand, his/her government is trading the precious food for foreign currency to support the military programs. Amazing!

If India is hopeless then by that logic you are nowhere, right? No one considers India hopeless or else we won’t be receiving the 2nd highest FDI in the world among developing countries after China.
this is the reason why india is and will be no where in world map :enjoy:

This is the beach right near Shah Rukh Khan's house

You talk about Ambani being the richest person

Look at his surroundings though

View attachment 765854

He literally built the richest house in India surrounded in filth and residue in a bunch of slums.
He did it exactly to make a point: I will be a king among this mess; all of Mumbai's downtrodden will look up to me now.

My opinion is that in a highly densely populated country like India

There is enough land outside the current urban centers to create new cities. This should have been part of the "100 Smart Cities" program that Modi promised in 2014.

1. Take the population of say 20 villages and use the rural landscape to construct for them a new township with all the good city facilities and culture that say Noida, Pune and Bangalore have. Malls, cinemas, drama theaters, tea houses, bookshops, taxis etc.

2. Let each neighborhood in this township have Vertical Farms and Urban Farms so that the new township can be self-sufficient in food and also be able to export maybe some region-specific processed food to other parts of India.

3. Repeat for all of India.

My opinion is that in a highly densely populated country like India, 10 storey buildings should be made for housing, so that spaces can be saved for wider roads and parks. Skyscrapers in some numbers are good for accomodating offices in a small area.

Skyscrapers and highrises are not only unsightly but also potential death-traps. Read and watch this report about a fire in a 49-storey residential building in Sharjah, UAE, from last year. In Bombay some months ago there was a fire in a mall and the adjoining 50-storey ( or 30-storey ) residential complex had to be evacuated. Would this have been the case if those houses had been like in the American suburbs ( wide roads and houses set comfortably distantly from each other and from the road ). And there is the question about earthquakes where there will be much less damage and loss of life in the American suburbs than in a typical Indian city with highrise apartments and even two-storey but unscientifically-built residential areas.

Last edited:

There is enough land outside the current urban centers to create new cities. This should have been part of the "100 Smart Cities" program that Modi promised in 2014.

1. Take the population of say 20 villages and use the rural landscape to construct for them a new township with all the good city facilities and culture that say Noida, Pune and Bangalore have. Malls, cinemas, drama theaters, tea houses, bookshops, taxis etc.

2. Let each neighborhood in this township have Vertical Farms and Urban Farms so that the new township can be self-sufficient in food and also be able to export maybe some region-specific processed food to other parts of India.

3. Repeat for all of India.

Skyscrapers and highrises are not only unsightly but also potential death-traps. Read and watch this report about a fire in a 49-storey residential building in Sharjah, UAE, from last year. In Bombay some months ago there was a fire in a mall and the adjoining 50-storey ( or 30-storey ) residential complex had to be evacuated. Would this have been the case if those houses had been like in the American suburbs ( wide roads and houses set comfortably distantly from each other and from the road ). And there is the question about earthquakes where there will be much less damage and loss of life in the American suburbs than in a typical Indian city with highrise apartments and even two-storey but unscientifically-built residential areas.
10 storey is normal height in Dwarka (New Delhi). As opposed to 3 storey ones which are a waste of land imo, better utilise land for widening roads and redevelopment, Delhi is becoming traffic unfriendly day by day. And plant trees in land saved, Delhi despite being a very very very green city is the most polluted.

better utilise land for widening roads and redevelopment, Delhi is becoming traffic unfriendly day by day.

Sure, widen roads but please see my previous point about abolishing privately-owned personal transport vehicles. This will clean up a lot of thing including traffic congestion.

And plant trees in land saved, Delhi despite being a very very very green city is the most polluted.

From this report from 2020 :
  • Six of the world’s 10 most polluted cities are in India.
  • New Delhi has the worst air pollution of any capital city.
  • Air pollution kills 1.25 million people in India every year.
The immediate solution for the Indian government, if it is serious in tackling air pollution among other things, is abolishing privately-owned personal transport.

Rich guys like Ambani can fund a game or two in Olympics where India can win a gold. They can take all the credits as sponsors and get Tax deductions for charitable contributions in the process.

This is how it's done in USA where Govt doesn't spend any money but rich folks, foundations, and corporations do.

Back
Top Bottom