What's new

Mukesh Ambani: India in 2047 could be as rich as America and China

The way things are going, I'll be surprised in Modi's India exists past 2030.

The country has seen massive improvements. When I was growing up, I hadn't seen a single piece of infrastructure I could be proud of. Now there are hundreds.
Expressways, high quality highways, gated communities for the middle class, supermarkets with almost everything you need, good cars, good schools, good hospitals...

The rate of growth is not as high as China. That doesn't mean the country isn't growing.
As more people get pulled into the middle class with the rising economy, their lives will improve. If you use statistics, we will reach middle income status in roughly 2 decades.

Developed status isn't guaranteed, but it would take at least 2 more decades after that.

The thing I hate about Indian infrastructure is that even when they spend money. Its low quality infrastruture. For example, concrete buildings where the paint wears off after 5 years of monsoon rain making the whole area look cheap and dirty again.

Indian infrastructure doesn't look clean or high class at all

The thing I hate about Indian infrastructure is that even when they spend money. Its low quality infrastruture. For example, concrete buildings where the paint wears off after 5 years of monsoon rain making the whole area look cheap and dirty again.

We can currently afford functional, beauty will have to wait.
The road/connectivity projects are going well.

This phenomenan might have to do with kind of hard weather most of India has, high heat and heavy rains all year around moisture levels.
I always used hi grade paints Indian and foreign I have come to conclusion its better to use cheap paints as both of them has same kind of performance in Indian weather.
Unless you build glass houses which will make sure your AC bill is much more higher even if you spend money annually on paint.
Glass buildings are impractical in India also.
India do have cold places but I dont think those places can sustain a city like Delhi.

Last edited:
This phenomenan might have to do with kind of hard weather most of India has, high heat and heavy rains all year around moisture levels.
I always used hi grade paints Indian and foreign I have come to conclusion its better to use cheap paints as both of them has same kind of performance in Indian weather.
Unless you build glass houses which will make sure your AC bill is much more higher even if you spend money annually on paint.
India do have cold places but I dont think those places can sustain a city like Delhi.

The Motorways constructed in Pakistan, up north and rest of the plains and south looked to be of better quality than many Indian roads, expressways...and highways.

Other videos of Pakistan Motorways can be checked....many local companies are involed like NHA, Frontier Corps, NESPAK...some others. Habib Construction did the infra work for Orange Line Metro Lahore and some interchanges and flyovers and they were of good quality.

In India quality looks to be compromised...

The Motorways constructed in Pakistan, up north and rest of the plains and south looked to be of better quality than many Indian roads, expressways...and highways.

Other videos of Pakistan Motorways can be checked....many local companies are involed like NHA, Frontier Corps, NESPAK...some others. Habib Construction did the infra work for Orange Line Metro Lahore and some interchanges and flyovers and they were of good quality.

In India quality looks to be compromised...

The road from video looks great I have seen simmilar kinds of projects in India.
But again I am not expert on quality it might depend on kind of material one uses.
But I know India is also trying many eco friendly processes for road construction many roads are using waste materials like plastics and industrial wastes.
Again comparing projects one cant generalize both India and Pakistan are vast countries and like in India I can find best of best but also can find worsf infra. this might be case in Pakistan too I suppose.

1627623757940.png

Somewhere the poorest Indian people - those that were reeling from covid might be hoping they were also included in this rich fantasia and it isn’t a dream for the 1% of desiland.

India's GDP per capita is about USD 2,100. This figure is even lower than some Sub Sahara African countries like Kenya (USD 2,200) or Nigeria (USD 2,400). Then India needs to surpass those two Sub Sahara African countries before aims to US and China.

India's GDP per capita is about USD 2,100. This figure is even lower than some Sub Sahara African countries like Kenya (USD 2,200) or Nigeria (USD 2,400). Then India needs to surpass those two Sub Sahara African countries before aims to US and China.
Gabon GDP per capita is more twice your country, does that mean you accept you are below those countries as well? If yes then me too.

It sure doesn't stop the Gulf countries to look modern and nice

Its more than the weather

Back
Top Bottom