What's new

Muhammad cartoonist attacked during lecture

Status
Not open for further replies.

Federer

BANNED
Reaction score
(AP) STOCKHOLM — The Swedish artist who faced numerous death threats after depicting Prophet Muhammad as a dog has been pelted with eggs by an a group of people during a university lecture on the limits of the freedom of expression.

According to a police statement, Lars Vilks was unharmed in the attack that occurred at Karlstad University in southwestern Sweden late Tuesday evening.

No one has yet been arrested for the assault, but police say they are investigating the incident.

The 65-year old artist has faced a string of threats over his 2007 sketch, which rekindled a debate over free speech and Islam that had raged a year earlier after a Danish newspaper printed 12 cartoons of Muhammad. Images of the prophet, even favorable ones, are considered blasphemous by many Muslims.

Muhammad cartoonist attacked during lecture - CBS News

and yet you people admire someone like Narendra Modi who killed hundreds of people just because he hated a particular religion.

What has Narendra Modi to do with Muhammad?
face_palm_by_Draculasaurus.gif

Did Modi Draw Muhammad's Cartoons?

Anyways He is Cleared by the Court of Law.

And How can Modi kill Hundreds?

He does not have a single case of Murder against him. :lol:

and yet you people admire someone like Narendra Modi who killed hundreds of people just because he hated a particular religion.

People admire him here for what he has done to gujarath's economy...i would anyday accept modi as Chief minister for tamil nadu than the corrupt people presently ruling the state .....at least i wont have 8-10 hr powercut if becomes the CM :P .

i really dont understand why only ......

Because whenever such a blasphemous incident takes place some misguided Muslims overact and do something stupid. Those Muslims become a source of negative propaganda for the media which is the original intention of the blasphemy

i really dont understand why only prophet Muhammad is targeted???

this is because we Muslims don't and can't say anything against any major religion prophets. we believe in all these major religion prophets...

On the other hand we Muslims will not leave anyone who say or do anything against our prophet in the name of peace, we are peaceful people but only if other people let us live in peace...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom