What's new

1500 years old Bible in which 'Jesus predicts coming of Prophet Muhammad' unearthed in Turkey

If you read the Quran...the verses state
  1. Inheritors who are to be given a fixed proportion of the total inheritance; and
  2. Inheritors who are to share, in a specified proportion, the balance of the inheritance after the share of inheritors of the first category has been given.

Shouldn't you know that, 12:111

I am not a hafizah meaning I have not memorized the Quran...so It is no surprise I do not know the verses by heart and by chapter and verse no.

I love how non religious folks always are here to ridicule Islam and Christianity and make a mockery out of those two religions yet not a single one of them ever said anything about Judaism. So is Judaism believable to non religious folks? If so, that says a lot about them and their selective criticism already says much.

Let me quote from your source, "The directive of the Qur'an is quite similar to the above example statements. In a simplified form, it says that the deceased's children are to share the property on the principle that each male child gets double the share of each female child; parents are to get one-sixth each; and the deceased's wife is to be given one-eighth. This simply means that the deceased's mother, father and wife are to be given one-sixth, one-sixth and one-eighth of the total property respectively. The remaining balance (13/24th) shall then be distributed among the children according to the stipulated principle."
The quaranic verse states very clearly, let me quote, "in case there are only daughters, more than two shall have two-thirds of what has been left behind." So, quaran clearly says if there are 2 or more daughters (and no sons), they shall get 2/3rds of "what is left behind" and not "remaining after giving share to others". The "remaining balance" is the opinion of scholars. And as per some of the good friends here, opinions of humans do not count.

Yes , the daughters shall have two thirds of what is left !!! And "what is left" is also described by (other) Quranic verses !!! so hard to understand ???????

Now read about these other Quranic verses as well and try to understand the absurdity of your claim

Ok 1st category is parents and wife....the children get remainder....

2 parents = 1/6 to each parent
2 wives = 1/8

Out of the remainder the 3 daughters get a total of 2/3 in equal shares

Does this make sense now?

so leaving behind 120

Parents will get 20 each = 40

2 wives will get 15 each = 30

so from the 50 the daughters get 2/3 about 33.33 to all 3 daughters....

The remainder 16 goes to charity ...usually debts are taken out earlier so remainder ends up in charity...
Chapter and verse for the bold part please. As you yourself have said, only from the Book. Not scholarly opinion...
Man left behind 120, not 50. What does verse 4:11 say? "in case there are only daughters, more than two shall have two-thirds of what has been left behind" . I will not drag the post behind this. If you have not understood my point by no, either you are pretending that you have not understood or don't want to understand what I was insisting. IMHO, I have taken horse to the tank. It is left to it whether to drink or not (I am sure you have to say same thing about me too).

And my reply is this:
There was certainly in their stories a lesson for those of understanding. Never was the Qur'an a narration invented, but a confirmation of what was before it and a detailed explanation of all things and guidance and mercy for a people who believe.

Indeed, in the stories of these men there is a lesson for those who are endowed with insight. [As for this revelation, it could not possibly be a discourse invented [by man]: nay indeed, it is [a divine writ] confirming the truth of whatever there still remains [of earlier revelations], clearly spelling out everything, and [offering] guidance and grace unto people who will believe.

So what is the problem?

Yes , the daughters shall have two thirds of what is left !!! And "what is left" is also described by (other) Quranic verses !!! so hard to understand ???????

Now read about these other Quranic verses as well and try to understand the absurdity of your claim
NO! Left Behind!!! left and left behind are not the same.

Indeed, in the stories of these men there is a lesson for those who are endowed with insight. [As for this revelation, it could not possibly be a discourse invented [by man]: nay indeed, it is [a divine writ] confirming the truth of whatever there still remains [of earlier revelations], clearly spelling out everything, and [offering] guidance and grace unto people who will believe.
Okey???

NO! Left Behind!!! left and left behind are not the same.

And you think you can get away with that now ?? :)
Your claim is highly absurd
But as you are not a Muslim and know nothing about Islam and Quran except for what you have read on some sites
It is not your fault

So what is the problem?
If there is no explanation of all the species (or relativity, or principle of uncertainty, or the gem theory or the abiogenesis etc etc) in Quran as you said then it not the explanation of everything.

If there is no explanation of all the species (or relativity, or principle of uncertainty, or the gem theory or the abiogenesis etc etc) in Quran as you said then it not the explanation of everything.
I think you missed post 440....

And you think you can get away with that now ?? :)
Your claim is highly absurd
But as you are not a Muslim and know nothing about Islam and Quran except for what you have read on some sites
It is not your fault
I like it. This what my parents say when I pose them a question (mostly about gods) and they can't answer. Highly absurd would be reading "left" and "behind" not together but separately. Considering the meanings of "behind", daughters would own 2/3rd of the "remaining" (left) "bums" (behind) (??!!)...:undecided:

I think you missed post 440....
I did miss the post but it doesn't seem to answer anything. If you were aware of this earlier, things in square brackets are scholar's interpretation of things, not there in quran originally. Try reading that without those things. In anyways, are saying Quran is NOT the explanation for everything? Is it not the book which contains everything that is required to be known?

Last edited:
@al-Hasani How can we explain to @Thirdfront about the inheritance law in the Quran...

Allah instructs you concerning your children: for the male, what is equal to the share of two females. But if there are [only] daughters, two or more, for them is two thirds of one's estate. And if there is only one, for her is half. And for one's parents, to each one of them is a sixth of his estate if he left children. But if he had no children and the parents [alone] inherit from him, then for his mother is one third. And if he had brothers [or sisters], for his mother is a sixth, after any bequest he [may have] made or debt. Your parents or your children - you know not which of them are nearest to you in benefit. [These shares are] an obligation [imposed] by Allah . Indeed, Allah is ever Knowing and Wise. Quran 4:11
And for you is half of what your wives leave if they have no child. But if they have a child, for you is one fourth of what they leave, after any bequest they [may have] made or debt. And for the wives is one fourth if you leave no child. But if you leave a child, then for them is an eighth of what you leave, after any bequest you [may have] made or debt. And if a man or woman leaves neither ascendants nor descendants but has a brother or a sister, then for each one of them is a sixth. But if they are more than two, they share a third, after any bequest which was made or debt, as long as there is no detriment [caused]. [This is] an ordinance from Allah , and Allah is Knowing and Forbearing. Quran 4:12
They request from you a [legal] ruling. Say, " Allah gives you a ruling concerning one having neither descendants nor ascendants [as heirs]." If a man dies, leaving no child but [only] a sister, she will have half of what he left. And he inherits from her if she [dies and] has no child. But if there are two sisters [or more], they will have two-thirds of what he left. If there are both brothers and sisters, the male will have the share of two females. Allah makes clear to you [His law], lest you go astray. And Allah is Knowing of all things. Quran 4:176

I did miss the post but it doesn't seem to answer anything. If you were aware of this earlier, things in square brackets are scholar's interpretation of things, not there in quran originally. Try reading that without those things. In anyways, are saying Quran is NOT the explanation for everything? Is it not the book which contains everything that is required to be known?

I am saying 2 things in that post alone

1) You are no native Arabic speaker and hence you and I will require those square brackets

2) That particular verse was not what you expected it to be read...so it failed any argument

Back
Top Bottom