Mufti Muneeb announces drive against FATF-related law

ghazi52

PDF THINK TANK: ANALYST
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan

01 Jan 2021

In this file photo,  Mufti Muneeb-ur-Rehman addresses a press conference. — DawnNewsTV/File

Mufti Muneeb-ur-Rehman addresses a press conference. — DawnNewsTV

ISLAMABAD: Only a day after his removal as head of the Ruet-i-Hilal Committee, Mufti Muneebur Rehman on Thursday announced launching of a campaign against the government under aegis of the newly-established Tehreek Tahaffuz-i-Masajid-o-Madaris over a legislation related to the Financial Action Task Force (FATF) that was passed in a joint sitting of the parliament in September.

The announcement was made by Mufti Muneeb himself at a conference that had been organised by the new group. Ulema belonging to various seminaries of the Deobandi and Ahl-i-Hadees schools of thought attended the conference.

At the conference it was announced that implementation of the Islamabad Capital Territory Waqf Properties Bill 2020, which was adopted by the parliament amid protests by opposition parties, would be resisted.

The speakers declared that the law had been imposed under a conspiracy against Islamic institutions, in the garb of registration of religious seminaries.

Mufti Muneeb said the act had been passed by the parliament under pressure from the FATF. “Religious restrictions are not accepted in an Islamic republic like Pakistan and if authorities try to impose them, we will resist them,” he said.

Secretary General of the Jamiat Ulema-i-Islam-F Maulana Abdul Ghafoor Haideri said clerics in the parliament were the “first line of defence against any law that was contrary to Islam. He said the prime minister should take another U-turn and withdraw the act.

Published in Dawn, January 1st, 2021

So Mufti Sahib found a other job for himself; if he is on righteous path ALLAH SWT bless him else .... !

01 Jan 2021

In this file photo,  Mufti Muneeb-ur-Rehman addresses a press conference. — DawnNewsTV/File

ISLAMABAD: Only a day after his removal as head of the Ruet-i-Hilal Committee, Mufti Muneebur Rehman on Thursday announced launching of a campaign against the government under aegis of the newly-established Tehreek Tahaffuz-i-Masajid-o-Madaris over a legislation related to the Financial Action Task Force (FATF) that was passed in a joint sitting of the parliament in September.

The announcement was made by Mufti Muneeb himself at a conference that had been organised by the new group. Ulema belonging to various seminaries of the Deobandi and Ahl-i-Hadees schools of thought attended the conference.

At the conference it was announced that implementation of the Islamabad Capital Territory Waqf Properties Bill 2020, which was adopted by the parliament amid protests by opposition parties, would be resisted.

The speakers declared that the law had been imposed under a conspiracy against Islamic institutions, in the garb of registration of religious seminaries.

Mufti Muneeb said the act had been passed by the parliament under pressure from the FATF. “Religious restrictions are not accepted in an Islamic republic like Pakistan and if authorities try to impose them, we will resist them,” he said.

Secretary General of the Jamiat Ulema-i-Islam-F Maulana Abdul Ghafoor Haideri said clerics in the parliament were the “first line of defence against any law that was contrary to Islam. He said the prime minister should take another U-turn and withdraw the act.

Yahan molana sahiban ko halway ki fikar khaye ja rahe hai. How is being transparent about donations against Islam?

To him, now everything is wrong.
No halwa no favour.

01 Jan 2021

Religious restrictions is a pice of bull shit, all that's going happen is finally a noose on these thugs

Moulana sahab is salty that he can't use the chanda from the masjids for sectarian and extremist activities any more.

much needed during these times. he will get the support he needs

This is the situation of our so called ulema e deen. He ate millions for decades as chairman of a useless committee that never got eid correct. Now that he is removed, he is protesting. Is it in sharia that this seat will be his for life? Does he not have emaan that rizq is provided by Allah? These selfish pigs are the people to teach Islam? No wonder Islam is slandered and ppl have bad perception abt it. Him and fazlu type greedy dogs who are devils in clothes of ulema are real reason of downfall of Islam and society.

01 Jan 2021

Tond par Mullah ki laat jo parh gai
Mullah ko tehreek chalane ki parh gai
Ab na rahen gey halvey ye fikar hai
Deen ka souda to kia
Mullah ko kursi se gharz hai
shaqal par bara bara TOLET likha hai is kai.
Kya jugat lagai hai yar.
Wünderbar!!

Those are thinking that he was getting paid for the post please share the receipt or letter or something.
shaqal par bara bara TOLET likha hai is kai.
Qadiyani ho ya agha khani?
Can we shoot these halwakhor molvis as an offence?
Phir apnay rishtedaro ka janaza kyn parwatay ho molvio se?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom