What's new

MRCA ::: India May Cancel Fighter Competition

yeah we should just buy some jf 17's eh

Man, Im not here to prove any wrong in either way. I named JF17 because I wanted to say that "an interceptor is just an interceptor, whether its 4+ or 4++ gen aircraft.” if these 4th gen aircraft wont be sent in the territory of other country in the time of 5th stelth aircraft, while China will have developed better radar for 4th gen aircrafts till then. then just accept that you are paying this much for just an interceptor in the time of stealth aircrafts.

and here, if you want to buy just an interceptor then why not Tejas which is also comparable to jf17 and would be of same cost, around $30mil? I myself used to support Mirage200-5mk2 as its production line was running in 2008 and if IAF could sign MRCA deal for it, it could be delivered from 2010 onwards and could work as a frontline aircraft with SU30MKI till 2020, when time of stealth aircraft will start. But if you are going to get Eurofighter/ Rafale more or less from around 2018, like FGFA, then why paying $130mil for Eurofighter, if $100mil is only required for 5th gen PAK FA? You will not have courage to send a 4++ aircraft in the Chinese territory if you know that they will have better radar detector that time and this aircraft is not going to back. While stealth PAK FA/ FGFA is primarily an air superiority aircraft with A2G operation as its secondary role and will properly do the work in the Chinese territory if required and will back? And on the back foot, within the territory of India, whether its Tejas, jf17, Mig35 or Eurofighter, how do it matter while Mig35 (for around $50mil each) can be delivered from 2013 with a very powerful AESA radar, with much improved A2G role as it was accepted by IAF also when they saw performance of Mig29K and ordered 29 more Mig29Ks in 2010?

Please come with few good arguments, how Mig35 wasn’t better but very expansive Eurofighter/ Rafale is better which will be delivered more or less at the same time of PAK FA/ FGFA?

20$ billion for 126 now this a shitty deal for a non-stealth aircraft.

Yes, $20 billion for 126 4.5G aircraft seems a bit much. At first I though it was $11 billion for the 126 aircraft. Do people know just how much $20 billion is? :lol:

However, it is stated that the Typhoon's cost is set to go down.
http://www.defence.pk/forums/military-forum/145671-typhoon-package-best-deal.html

Maybe there can be bargaining power for India. And hopefully, there won't be any corruption in the deal.

I agree, $20 billion for those are just inflated. Note: That amount is for the aircraft alone, and not the weapons and spares. Just imagine if their value is added to that? Sheesh!

didn't get your logic. Indian rupee value or Eu decreasing it's value with respect to $.

Ever heard of inflation? FY cost for aircraft goes up over time.

LOL.... are dumb is india? You ask people to do a tender, waste 5 years, and then tell people you are too poor to afford it. Bring out the begging bowl?

To make india even more stupid. You pick the most expensive two fighter jets for a "final decision" and then tell the you are too poor, and bring out the begging bowl. Do you take them to be fools? From now on they will certainly think indians are fools.

It's a very natural question, what kind of sick government would spend so much money on buying weapons when it has more poor people than sub-saharan Africa? But I guess Mr. Komardin hasn't heard about "incredible india."
Trolling at its best, there has been no official news from the GOI about MMRCA, and this is the opinion of a Russian when he boozzed too much out of frustration that their MIG 35 was kicked out of the race and now the great genious from China comes and makes fun of it.
Don't you read the tread from post #1 or you just jump guns to your mental farts.
I have been telling that we have to be sane with our post and not troll to make PDF a better place of people to people relationship development, and now i see the irony that most of you are just here to redicule the neighbour and get selfsatified with your mental masterbation.

My dear hang wu, when i saw you in this thread, i expected this kinda reply from you. happy trolling.

LOL.... are dumb is india? You ask people to do a tender, waste 5 years, and then tell people you are too poor to afford it. Bring out the begging bowl?

To make india even more stupid. You pick the most expensive two fighter jets for a "final decision" and then tell the you are too poor, and bring out the begging bowl. Do you take them to be fools? From now on they will certainly think indians are fools.

It's a very natural question, what kind of sick government would spend so much money on buying weapons when it has more poor people than sub-saharan Africa? But I guess Mr. Komardin hasn't heard about "incredible india."

Before using the word "fool" so many times, can't you try to grasp the fact, get it into your head that none of what you claim hasw actually happened? That India hasn't cancelled the tender, India is not going with a begging bowl, things are going on schedule, and that this is just a bit of wishful thinking from a Russian who's plane has been rejected? It makes one onder who the fool is, when you cant make the distinction between news and opinion.

As to which country would spend money on defencde when it has a lot of poor people - the sort of country that has two hostile neighbors to guard against. The sort of country that knows that if we dont invest in securing our country, both rich and poor alike will be conquered by outside powers, as has happened in the past. And that applies to China as well as India. Oh and by the way, to put things in perspective, our spending as a percentage of our GDP is still less than paksitan's and china's. If our ability to bargain for some of the world's finest technologies and to pay for it causes heartburn, you will have to learn to deal with it, instead of making spurious arguments based on empty cliches and meaningless comparisons to africa.

Havent you been on this forum long enough to know that if someone complains about india's poverty that is usually a sign of frustration, having nothing constructuve to contribute, and nothing better to do than troll?

IAF must prove this Russian guy wrong sooner than later.. Mid December, if I am not mistaken?

20 Billion $ for 126 EF or Rafael ??

I thing scrap the deal and think about F35

I think we missed a trick.. we could have also shortlisted a americans jet.. then the deal would have been more competitive and eurobirds need to decrease their prices substantially to fight out the yanks.

LOL.... how dumb is india? You ask people to do a tender, waste 5 years, and then tell people you are too poor to afford it. Bring out the begging bowl?

Just be happy with J10 (no use just a show peace) and mighty J10b :lol:

LOL.... how dumb is india? You ask people to do a tender, waste 5 years, and then tell people you are too poor to afford it. Bring out the begging bowl?

LOL.... how dumb are you? You read a non official piece of news, waste 5 minutes of your time, and then show people your poor IQ. Bring out the smartness you guys claim atleast once.

Just be happy with J10 (no use just a show peace) and mighty J10b :lol:

lets not Hope any JET in action. Even MKI or MIG-29 or J-10B or JF-17.... except US vs ... other countries JETS remained for show only.

---------- Post added at 11:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:36 PM ----------

US$ 20 billion for 126 aircrafts, means US$ 158.7 million per unit... Costly than F-22

F-22 crosses 200 million bench mark. without weapons package.

---------- Post added at 11:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:37 PM ----------

Fair enough mr. santro told me there will be a botton on left bottom side to report any post. i did it 30min back still no action against Hong wu post. really great :pop:

20 Billion $ for 126 EF or Rafael ??

I thing scrap the deal and think about F35

You sure that it'd be cheaper? Or that it wouldn't conflict with the FGFA program?

mmm...I don't know, but I suspect something fishy about the whole deal. The price is awfully inflated.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom