What's new

MRCA ::: India May Cancel Fighter Competition

MMRCA: Updates and Developments

June 11/12:

India’s IDSA is the bearer of some unpleasant news, given the M-MRCA competition’s deliberate decision to exclude costs from its shortlist:

”...actual fighter aircraft strength has fallen to close to 32 squadrons. These reduced numbers are of major concern to the IAF…. This [M-MRCA] programme for 126 aircraft, despite licensed production of all but 18 aircraft, is still likely to cost between US $10 and 20 billion. While it was presumed a few years ago that funds for defence would not be a constraint in the future, a slowing economy has led to these funds being curtailed…. The writing on the wall is clear: resource constraints are looming for the armed forces.”

IDSA recommends more indigenous production instead, without acknowledging that technology limitations and failures to deliver were the impetus behind M-MRCA in the first place. Having designed a competition slanted toward the 2 most expensive fighters, the IAF has few ways out of its self-created box. India could cut the M-MRCA buy, and use the funds to buy more of HAL’s Tejas lightweight fighters. The problem is that Tejas is experiencing production rate issues, and isn’t fully fielded yet. India could re-do the M-MRCA competition with cost as a factor this time, adding years to the process. Or it could go ahead with the full M-MRCA buy, and forego a number of other defense projects to pay for it.

India’s M-MRCA Fighter Competition: Rafale is L-1, but No Deal Yet
It's official. For 7 years india deluded itself about "buying" the best air force in Asia but the reality is a third world hole can only deploy its begging bowl.

It's official. For 7 years india deluded itself about "buying" the best air force in Asia but the reality is a third world hole can only deploy its begging bowl.

Why are you so scared of Rafale? Looks like you are unable to sleep.

But I heard the chief of India say they have only 2 days of ammo. I think India is becoming a ripe fruit for us. What you say SC
even china is not daring to attack us despite of that 2 days of ammo thing

Its better than the red hole that is deluding itself to be the super power by making Cheap so called indigenous 4th gen planes

Whats wrong with some chinease & pakistani posters.

The hatred and jealousy STINKING the whole place.

RAFALE is a stunning choice and its coming make no mistake

Whats wrong with some chinease & pakistani posters.

The hatred and jealousy STINKING the whole place.

RAFALE is a stunning choice and its coming make no mistake

storm force at least you should not say it you are one of them from indian side :wave:

Although I am from Pakistan but still I would be neutral on this. But IAF and INAF is looking to many different fighters and I think that MMRCA of the IAF should be divided as they like both the EF-2000 and Rafael in their own ways, more over the LCA is taking some time as well. So instead of waiting for long and not doing anything they should have gone for such scheme like:
100 EF-2000
100 Rafaels
and may be 100 Gripen NG/F-16s as they were quite keen about it.

FOr INAF I would say that N-LCA is something that they could consider as an addition. They have a wide choice from those MiG-29Ks they are inducting along with some Rafeal and F-18E/Fs. They should look towards it closely.

Although I am from Pakistan but still I would be neutral on this. But IAF and INAF is looking to many different fighters and I think that MMRCA of the IAF should be divided as they like both the EF-2000 and Rafael in their own ways, more over the LCA is taking some time as well. So instead of waiting for long and not doing anything they should have gone for such scheme like:
100 EF-2000
100 Rafaels
and may be 100 Gripen NG/F-16s as they were quite keen about it.

FOr INAF I would say that N-LCA is something that they could consider as an addition. They have a wide choice from those MiG-29Ks they are inducting along with some Rafeal and F-18E/Fs. They should look towards it closely.

Operating too many types is a problem itself for maintainance, infra structure, training and all. That's why Air force choose multi role than dedicated role planes. Logic says go for one plane. It will solve all ground problems plus quantity will decrease the price per unit and weapon have common systems. So don't have to stock different missile makes for the same purpose for different aircrafts.
I personally think that IN should order Rafale Naval version. So it will be common fighter with airforce.

LCA is delayed but it will be home grown. I don't have too much hopes from Mark 1 but Mark 2 will be beauty. So Mark 2 can be inducted in mass number.

India will not go for F18s unless and untill USA make it condition on EMALS system. Mig29 Naval is good why induct F18 and invest on different infrastructure plus sanctions is big issue with USA. So highly unlikely

ouch, indian govt taken indians for a nasty chest thumping ride. Now indians are grasping for deflctive story. Perahps, if indians propose to kill few million farmers and leave few more million indians without food and sanitation, they can make up the fund. What you say shining india? At least that will let chest thumping indians sleep at night.

Idiot ... just take care of people ... your gov pushing BD people into our territory cause you cant feed them

First take care about this

But I heard the chief of India say they have only 2 days of ammo. I think India is becoming a ripe fruit for us. What you say SC
That 2 days ammo is enough to wipe out whole of Pakistan Armed Forces Twice over!!!:rofl:
Total Land-Based Weapons by Country
India's got the second largest number of land weapon systems in the world,i.e., 75,000( This does not include logistic vehicles nor the quantity of ammunition). Estimates of Two day ammunition are based on the situation that each of these weapon systems are used for at least 18 hours a day, which guarantees enough ammunition to last 10 days if we put into use continuously only a fifth of these systems(which will be equal to the no of total systems in possession of PA).

Note: The situation I have taken into account is purely a circumstantial one.............IA would probably use even lesser number of weapon systems , as will PA. Since IA has a qualitative edge here due to more numbers of SAM systems,third generation anti- tank missile and over 105 mm howitzers, a land victory for PA, without specific and direct military support from PLA, is unfeasible.

post reported............

Hahaha you reported Sino Challenged's post ??? :D
How dare you ??? :D :D :D

You need to create a thread to shut him up. But that will get you banned for a month. Personal experience :D so better ignore him and his BS

Back
Top Bottom