What's new

MQM Target killer Nadeem took training from RAW & Indian Army :- Mubashir Lucman shows JIT Report

Personally I see the qouta system as an attempt only to even the playing field and get poorer ethnicities up. Lets look at how we think a little more critically shall we. Lets think beyond ethnicity. Mahajirs or migrants have a gdp per capita 13000 rs higher than the Punjabis who are at second. We have urdu-the said language is the language of the state-something that affects us very positively, we also have control of the cities. 40% of the Karachi population is urdu speaker while there are sizable concentrations in various cities including Lahore and Hyderabad. The poverty rate in cities is much lower compared to rural areas. Who occupies the rural areas of Sindh? Sindhis. Lets note another fact from World Bank 2003-36% poverty for rural regions and 24% for urban regions of Pakistan. Again we control the cities

So things as I see it are directly favorable for us, but not so for Sindhis or even more for Balochs. Now do note that every ethnic group has in some way stated it is oppressed. So are we really oppressed. And what about our responsibility to give equal rights to all people.

My point is if we perhaps give up ethnic nationalism perhaps others will do the same. To do so we must first get rid of our victim mentality. The MQM leads us to believe we are oppressed but we are in a much better position. I respect your opinion though and agree that an operation has to be similarly concluded against the PPPP and the ANP and JI.
If you live only a day as a regastani nomad in sindh or south punjab you would experience what real discrimination and poverty is

Lahore still have Suburban lifestyle as in Modern Cities more people lives in Apartment Building then suburban houses while Lahore doesnt even have this whole Apartment living on the first place. Lahore is quite conjusted though but not as dense. Its Expanding horizontally instead of Vertically unlike other Mega Cities and Karachi as well which are Expanding Vertically rather.

Mall Road is more like Shahrah-e-Faisal of Karachi and Main Boulevard Road is like road Connecting Shahrah-e-Faisal with Clifton. Both of them are not entirely like II Chundrgarh Road as this road is like any in Pakistan.
For some reason, apartments do not appeal to me. Privacy and comfort of a separate home is unmatched, IMO. I agree that apartment living is not wide-spread in Lahore like in Karachi, but their is progress towards this end due to increase in number of large buildings in Lahore with passage of time.

Lahore is conjusted mostly in very old areas. Many parts of Lahore now have big roads and have ample room for further development, dubbed as greater Lahore holistically.

Main Boulevard is massive in span, so it gives a somewhat different feel then I.I. Chundrigar. However, Main Boulevard now contains large buildings, so it is being slowly transformed into a financial hub of Lahore much like I.I. Chundrigar.

Anyways, my intent was not to compare both cities in great depth but I am just pointing out that Lahore have emerged as a mega-city of Pakistan in recent years much like Karachi, bustling with life and activity.

Ethnic nationalism was first practised by others, the community for .e.g previously was primarily voters for Jamaat islami or PPP until Bhutto showed his bias.
Personally I hate bhutto for other reasons but I have no problems with him making sindhi education compulsory in Sindh and began the protection of Sindhi heritage sites. This should happen with all cultures and identities. I want my Lucknowi culture to survive despite having taken some action to merge as a pashtun. So what is the problem if Sindhis are doing it.

ZA Bhutto, also crushed another Sindhi named GM Syed. GM Syed was a Sindhi nationalist and spent half his time in jail during ZAB's rule. ZAB also launched operations in Balochistan. I think we should give up this mentality. Its MQM that wants us to believe we are oppressed. Till we continue believing it MQM will keep getting our votes. The entire country is calling MQM a terrorist organization... lets walk with the rest of the country.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom