What's new

MQM - Political Desk

MQM Hyderabad

399932_490272367706808_1362620099_n.jpg

How MQM taught me never to lose hope

On Thursday evening, April 25, 2013, while driving past a congested locality, I was jolted by the deafening sound of an explosion. I lost control over the car and hit the footpath. There was panic everywhere as people ran for cover.

By the time I regained my senses, the atmosphere was filled with the siren of rescue vehicles. Everyone was running in the direction of the explosion.

The site of the explosion was an election office of the Muttahida Quami Movement (MQM) in Nusrat Bhutto Colony, Karachi. The office and the shops adjoining it were completely destroyed; there was blood all over the place, with limbs scattered everywhere and a severed head lying in a corner. Several people were said to be killed and many were injured.

The terrorists on their part had made a perfectly executed sinister plan. The MQM, being the most popular political party of the metropolis, attracts a huge number of general public to its election camps. As the elections draw close, the atmosphere around election offices and camps present a carnival-like look, with women wearing party flag-coloured bangles and dupattas and kids wearing party flag-coloured caps. Thankfully, the office was closed at the time of the explosion; had the office been open, the casualties could have been worse.

What I saw may not be an unusual sight for many, for we, as a nation, have gotten used to bomb blasts and terrorist attacks, but what I witnessed during and after the rescue work was unbelievable – something which shook me to my core.

It is human nature to be scared or at least be shaken witnessing such horrific scenes. But amazingly some MQM workers started chanting slogans, resolving not to bow in front of terrorists, and resolving to lay down their lives for the cause of their leader. Their pitch got higher and higher. Gradually more people joined in and soon the atmosphere was so charged that the fear I was feeling vanished altogether.

The whole episode taught me an important lesson. I witnessed a practical example of how the resolve of a few people can raise the spirits of a larger group.

The brave and dedicated workers of the MQM, despite being constantly under threat from Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) and despite losing their fellow workers every day, exhibited remarkable resilience. Not that their resolve was under any doubt, for since inception, this party and its dedicated workers have proved umpteen times that they know the art and science of remaining steadfast.

Honestly speaking, after the repeated attacks on liberal political parties in Pakistan, I, despite being an optimist, had started losing hope for our country. But the enthusiasm of those MQM workers rekindled hope in me.

I am sure that this is not the end for us; there is still hope. The cowards cannot prevail over the liberal forces in Pakistan through their cowardly acts. No matter how much they connive with the ‘champions of justice’ and notorious sectarian outfits, the political parties supported by TTP and TTP itself can not deter us Pakistanis.

Pakistanis will not stay away from the general elections. They can kill us but cannot kill our spirit. I will not let Pakistan die; we will not let Pakistan die.

vision pakistan, cross debate on pakistan media, the issues and its solutions

Last edited by a moderator:
MQM and ANP supporter Demonstrating against TTP outside Pak HC.innocent killing of PPL of Karachi

BI8OnAaCEAEDKj1.jpg:large

763541089.jpg

MQM and ANP supporter Demonstrating against TTP outside Pak HC.innocent killing of PPL of Karachi

BI8OnAaCEAEDKj1.jpg:large

763541089.jpg

yaar masla pakistan mein hai tou yeh ghadaar kaay bachaay LONDON mein kiyoun etijaaj kaar rahahy hain!! someone ask them why were they silent for 5 years when they were in government!!!

Pakistan ka naam badnaam kaar rahay hain by demonstrating in UK!!!

100 saay zida dhamkaay houaay hain Peshawar mein. CJ is currently trying to finish terror elements he took SUO MOTTO on clearing NO GO AREAS!

if he clears all no go areas of karachi automatically bomb blasts will also stop!

and last 5 years MQM,ANP & PPP were in government did they control target killings? NO so why cry now!

terrorists are ENEMY OF PAKISTAN! please don;t make it just a party issue!!! this is not ANP,PPP or MQM specific this is AGAINST PAKISTAN! stop trying to play mazloomiyaat card i hate the mazloomiyaat card of PPP,ANP & MQM!

yaar masla pakistan mein hai tou yeh ghadaar kaay bachaay LONDON mein kiyoun etijaaj kaar rahahy hain!! someone ask them why were they silent for 5 years when they were in government!!!

100 saay zida dhamkaay houaay hain Peshawar mein. CJ is currently trying to finish terror elements he took SUO MOTTO on clearing NO GO AREAS!

if he clears all no go areas of karachi automatically bomb blasts will also stop!

and last 5 years MQM,ANP & PPP were in government did they control target killings? NO so why cry now!

terrorists are ENEMY OF PAKISTAN! please don;t make it just a party issue!!! this is not ANP,PPP or MQM specific this is AGAINST PAKISTAN! stop trying to play mazloomiyaat card i hate the mazloomiyaat card of PPP,ANP & MQM!

the CJ is busy making cases against musharraf and taking suo motto which suits him, he doesnt want to take panga with talibans, infact he must be collaborating with talibans because he is politically appointed

supreme court is independent and can take action on any thing any time, whether legal or illegal, but it didnt take action on target killings before, why blame MQM when MQM had no powers to resolve the situation, ifty did, just like he is trying to revenge musharraf by all means possible whether appointing biased judges or asking lawyers to break the law by starting riots

the CJ is busy making cases against musharraf and taking suo motto which suits him, he doesnt want to take panga with talibans, infact he must be collaborating with talibans because he is politically appointed

supreme court is independent and can take action on any thing any time, whether legal or illegal, but it didnt take action on target killings before, why blame MQM when MQM had no powers to resolve the situation, ifty did, just like he is trying to revenge musharraf by all means possible whether appointing biased judges or asking lawyers to break the law by starting riots

he has started removing no go areas in karachi. this will automatically catch the criminals of karachi! relax. he also took Suo Moto on the cases such as Hazara killings & attacks on airforce base. that is direct panga with TTP.

and as for musharraf the case is not in supreme court but in smaller courts so not in his hands or his area YET. and because mushi is so powerful he is kept in his HOUSE WITH SWIMMIN POOL which is made a jail unlike javed hashmi or others who are kept in proper jails!

I think CJ is to leninent on mushi

he has started removing no go areas in karachi. this will automatically catch the criminals of karachi! relax. he also took Suo Moto on the cases such as Hazara killings & attacks on airforce base. that is direct panga with TTP.

and as for musharraf the case is not in supreme court but in smaller courts so not in his hands or his area YET. and because mushi is so powerful he is kept in his HOUSE WITH SWIMMIN POOL which is made a jail unlike javed hashmi or others who are kept in proper jails!

I think CJ is to leninent on mushi

its because javed hashmi was not a president, heck he wasnt even happy in PMLN and held no important positions, and mush was president and also COAS

and no CJ has failed, he has failed tot ake action against terrorism, for three consequtive days there were bomb blasts but no suo motto

all he can do is some illegal delimitations and suo motto during elections so that election campaigns of parties can be disrupted

all part of the revenge

Then why PMLN & PTI supporters were demonstrate against Musharraf in abroad .... Aaj Pakistan ka naam badnam ho raha hai ... Or ye dhamakey Pakistan ka naam roshan kar rahey hain ...........
And I think MQM inko bhi gun point par hi ley kar I hogi :P

While MQM was in power ... AH intimate to nation that talibans are coming in Karachi ... It will be bad for all .... On that time all have ridiculed to him ... But right now it is ground reality ... Law enforcement agencies command was not in their hand they could just warn to nation ... But could not take action against terrorists .............

Back
Top Bottom