What's new

MQM (news and developments)

Well lets leave karachi to sindhis..mohajirs and pashtuns should leave it. We pashtuns would welcome u mohajirs in KPK, our mehman-nawazi is famous.

karachi was less than a shadow of what it was before 47, less than 0.0001% area-wise, infrastucutre wise, and in every measure it was nothing. pucstuns and muhajirs built it, sindhis had no part in it, other than doing govt jobs(sleeping all day)

hahaham again with that martial race crap, you know u guys do that with EVERYONE? Heck you even do that **** with other pushtuns. But reality is, most of the pathans i know are half my height, so keep your pseudo threats to yuorself.

May be families of those pashtun friends of yours had heavily intermarried with your community.
By the way i dont do "awakat dilana" on internet like ur MQM friend sparticus do. I am a pashtun, we are not men of empty dhamkiya...maidan k shair hain, na k internet k.

hahaham again with that martial race crap, you know u guys do that with EVERYONE? Heck you even do that **** with other pushtuns. But reality is, most of the pathans i know are half my height, so keep your pseudo threats to yuorself.

bhai us bewaquf se jitna uljo ge, itne baat kharaab hogi, aur woh chahe ga ke woh apne ulti sedhe bakwaas se tum ko ghalat baat nikalwa ker ban lagwaade

us kaam aqal se matt uljo bhai

karachi was less than a shadow of what it was before 47, less than 0.0001% area-wise, infrastucutre wise, and in every measure it was nothing. pucstuns and muhajirs built it, sindhis had no part in it, other than doing govt jobs(sleeping all day)

Dont say such stupid things about our sindhi brothers

[:::~Spartacus~:::];3415108 said:
MQM and the factory disaster

MQM minister resigns as factory owners walk free after bail

KARACHI - Training guns at rival Awami National Party (ANP) that holds the portfolio of Sindh Labor Ministry, Sindh’s Minister for Commerce and Industries Rauf Siddiqui stepped down from his post on Friday to allow a transparent and smooth inquiry into the deadly garment factory inferno. The resignation of the minister belonging to the Muttahida Qaumi Movement has been forwarded to the Sindh governor.
A deadly fire broke out at a garments factory on Tuesday, killing at least 289 workers, including 26 women and six children. Addressing a press conference at SITE Ltd office on Friday, Siddiqui said he personally inspected the site of the burnt factory and there appeared negligence on part of the owners who did not implement Labor Laws. “I have been saying that the department of commerce and industries is working as a facilitator by providing basic facilities like infrastructure, plots, utilities etc.
However, the Labor Department has the authority to ensure strict enforcement of laws and conduct routine inspection of the factories,” he added.
Factories can be established without prior NOC from the Department of Industries, however, there are some industries that need prior permission such as sugar, wine and nuclear factories. The Industries Department has only one inspection authority which is boiler inspection or the Boiler Act 1923/1941.
Meanwhile, the owners of Ali Enterprises handed themselves in to court on Friday to request pre-arrest bail. Police registered a murder case over the fire on Thursday, saying the owners — Abdul Aziz, Mohammad Arshad and Shahid Bhaila — had shown “utter negligence” about workers’ safety. The trio, who have not been arrested, appeared in the high court in Larkana, 450 kilometers north of Karachi and were granted “protective bail” for eight days, their lawyer Aamir Mansoor Qureshi said.

someone should ask this minister that why were security checks not DONE under his control??????? and let's see the fires and mistakes done under MQM:

1) KPT BUILDING BURNT TWICE(ofcourse by mqm to destroy the records of their corruption)!!

2) BOLTON MARKET bunrt under mustafa kamal's rule (ofcourse bhatta not paid on time)!!!!

3) 21,000 disease sheep came into paksitan under the ports and shipping minister BABAR GHAURI!!!

why is babar ghauri not resigning!!! over the sheep! & this minister even though he resigned should be tried in court for taking bribes and letting illegal practises continue!

someone should ask this minister that why were security checks not DONE under his control??????? and let's see the fires and mistakes done under MQM:

1) KPT BUILDING BURNT TWICE(ofcourse by mqm to destroy the records of their corruption)!!

2) BOLTON MARKET bunrt under mustafa kamal's rule (ofcourse bhatta not paid on time)!!!!

3) 21,000 disease sheep came into paksitan under the ports and shipping minister BABAR GHAURI!!!

why is babar ghauri not resigning!!! over the sheep! & this minister even though he resigned should be tried in court for taking bribes and letting illegal practises continue!

You are right, if any of these ministers/ex ministers are involved, they should be tried and punished. However, credit must be given where it is due, This is the first time that anyone has resigned voluntarily because of such an instance. Look at your PPP(P) or PML, have they ever set any such example?

By the way, I can somewhat agree to point 1 as I also have doubts over those fires (KPT or PNSC?) but point 2 and point 3 are absolutely ridiculous!

You are right, if any of these ministers/ex ministers are involved, they should be tried and punished. However, credit must be given where it is due, This is the first time that anyone has resigned voluntarily because of such an instance. Look at your PPP(P) or PML, have they ever set any such example?

By the way, I can somewhat agree to point 1 as I also have doubts over those fires (KPT or PNSC?) but point 2 and point 3 are absolutely ridiculous!

yes sorry PNSC not KPT my mistake! but who do you think point 2 and 3 are wrong? see if we give credit to mustafa kamal for all the good he has done then when something bad happens under his watch the blame surely lies with him! he was incharge then!

3rd point well if 21,000 sheep come through port and come in a ship that was not supposed to have even come to our ports then whose mistake is it to allow a ship that is not supposed to be there???? ofcourse Babar ghauri knew about the ship not being in port records!

I think in their next term of CDGK they should concentrate on rebuilding the old areas/rural areas like Kachi Abadis with local and international firms like Malaysian ones to build appartments there that can fulfill the need of housing as well as providing the people a better place to live with open spaces although not a cheap project and would require Billion in Ruppes or in $$$s but its possible as well, if adopted on no Profit no losses basis...

yes sorry PNSC not KPT my mistake! but who do you think point 2 and 3 are wrong? see if we give credit to mustafa kamal for all the good he has done then when something bad happens under his watch the blame surely lies with him! he was incharge then!

3rd point well if 21,000 sheep come through port and come in a ship that was not supposed to have even come to our ports then whose mistake is it to allow a ship that is not supposed to be there???? ofcourse Babar ghauri knew about the ship not being in port records!

Point 2 is wrong because MK could not micro manage things and you also mentioned something about bhatta which is unfair, quite literally. Point 3 is also wrong because Ministers make policies, they do not micro manage things either. There is a whole chain of bureaucratic command to implement those decisions and to ensure that rules are not violated. It was the duty of those who authorized the ship's docking and unloading at our port and not the minister of shipping.

That said, please also note that I am not defending Babar Ghouri or Mustafa Kamal, I am merely correcting your assumptions.

Point 2 is wrong because MK could not micro manage things and you also mentioned something about bhatta which is unfair, quite literally. Point 3 is also wrong because Ministers make policies, they do not micro manage things either. There is a whole chain of bureaucratic command to implement those decisions and to ensure that rules are not violated. It was the duty of those who authorized the ship's docking and unloading at our port and not the minister of shipping.

That said, please also note that I am not defending Babar Ghouri or Mustafa Kamal, I am merely correcting your assumptions.

well i am sorry but if the blame doesn't lie with the minister then why is he minister? what is his job? to take heavy salary and drive around with protocol?

ministers job is to keep an eye on EVERYTHING under his ministry. if a ship filled with drugs enters port who will be responsible ofcourse the minister! if drains in DHA is blocked the head of DHA is responsible similary if city market catches fire then ofcourse city NAZIM is responsible.

if all good credit goes to minister then all bad should also be put in their account. it is naive to give them credit for achievements and then if something goes wrong blaming others.

if KARACHI got better drainage better roads ofcourse the credit goes to MUSTAFA KAMAL you won't say hey he can't micro manage roads and open drains.

if Interior ministry fails to stop a bomb threat then ofcourse rehman malik is not responsible we won't say that "there is a long list of burecrats needed to implement the command"

so please let's not be naive clearly point 2 and 3 are mistakes of the heads of the respective departments!

You come to an MQM thread and inevitable see words like Pathan, Sindhi and other ethnicities. Shame on the followers of this thuggish political party that they cant get out of their ethnic biases.

MQM is not a future leadership. We need a leadership that unifies Pakistan, not make ethnic division more distinct to play its politics.

Oh yeah! Its happy birthday to Altaf Hussain. Its the day when the trouble maker of Karachi was born. The one who has taken so many innocent lives in this city and live happily ever after in London as a British citizen. Laaant tum par 1 hazaar.

You come to an MQM thread and inevitable see words like Pathan, Sindhi and other ethnicities. Shame on the followers of this thuggish political party that they cant get out of their ethnic biases.

MQM is not a future leadership. We need a leadership that unifies Pakistan, not make ethnic division more distinct to play its politics.

Oh yeah! Its happy birthday to Altaf Hussain. Its the day when the trouble maker of Karachi was born. The one who has taken so many innocent lives in this city and live happily ever after in London as a British citizen. Laaant tum par 1 hazaar.

the sindhi, balochi, pathan was started by a an anti MQM supporter if you go through this thread

no other party is labelled as a sindhi party or punjab party but since MQM gets majority of support from urdu speakers, sindhi, pathan, baloch card comes into play

You take out MQM from Pakistan and you are still left with Baloch, Punjabi, Sindhi and Pathan (plus Afghans). We have been divided for a long time now, we have been divided before there was MQM. MQM is not the party that started this divide, infact it was formed to combat the one sided treatment that was being met out to 1 ethnicity particularly. And the day MQM changed the name to Muttahida instead of Mohajir, it ended ethnic representation and bias!

If he has taken so many innocent lives, he will be answerable for them now won't he? If not in this life then the after life. But I still gotta ask you something, was Karachi peaceful before Altaf Hussain and MQM? The answer will literally tell me a lot about you.

well i am sorry but if the blame doesn't lie with the minister then why is he minister? what is his job? to take heavy salary and drive around with protocol?

ministers job is to keep an eye on EVERYTHING under his ministry. if a ship filled with drugs enters port who will be responsible ofcourse the minister! if drains in DHA is blocked the head of DHA is responsible similary if city market catches fire then ofcourse city NAZIM is responsible.

if all good credit goes to minister then all bad should also be put in their account. it is naive to give them credit for achievements and then if something goes wrong blaming others.

if KARACHI got better drainage better roads ofcourse the credit goes to MUSTAFA KAMAL you won't say hey he can't micro manage roads and open drains.

if Interior ministry fails to stop a bomb threat then ofcourse rehman malik is not responsible we won't say that "there is a long list of burecrats needed to implement the command"

so please let's not be naive clearly point 2 and 3 are mistakes of the heads of the respective departments!

Then we clearly have different understanding. I do not blame General Kiyani for attacks on PAF bases/Military bases but I do blame the commanders of those respective bases for most of the losses.......it was the planning that was not proper, laid down decades ago when it was decided to build bases within civilian areas or in very close proximity to civilian population. Had there been a 5-10 km of buffer b/w these bases and the civilian structures, would it have been this easy to attack these bases?

Similarly, it is the system that is so incompetent today that no single person can fix it, especially if he/she does not have a veto power. Acts of terrorism in Karachi maybe blamed on the agencies incompetence but blaming the interior minister is not fair as he is there to set out a vision, a future and not to macro/micro manage things. Even DG Traffic cannot solve the menace of traffic in Karachi, which is mostly because of selfish/inconsiderate pricks that drive around without the slightest regard to laws and rules. It's not his fault because the penalties and fines are not competent and the enforcers are malnourished to effectively counter offers of bribes on the road!

It's unjustifiable to blame the ministers. It was not Rauf Siddiqui's job to check out the paper work of factories or to track their fire fighting capabilities/alternate exits etc. but he could have planned and enforced fire fighting capabilities for all factories/business under his ministry.

Back
Top Bottom