What's new

MQM (news and developments)

Then we clearly have different understanding. I do not blame General Kiyani for attacks on PAF bases/Military bases but I do blame the commanders of those respective bases for most of the losses.......it was the planning that was not proper, laid down decades ago when it was decided to build bases within civilian areas or in very close proximity to civilian population. Had there been a 5-10 km of buffer b/w these bases and the civilian structures, would it have been this easy to attack these bases?

Similarly, it is the system that is so incompetent today that no single person can fix it, especially if he/she does not have a veto power. Acts of terrorism in Karachi maybe blamed on the agencies incompetence but blaming the interior minister is not fair as he is there to set out a vision, a future and not to macro/micro manage things. Even DG Traffic cannot solve the menace of traffic in Karachi, which is mostly because of selfish/inconsiderate pricks that drive around without the slightest regard to laws and rules. It's not his fault because the penalties and fines are not competent and the enforcers are malnourished to effectively counter offers of bribes on the road!

It's unjustifiable to blame the ministers. It was not Rauf Siddiqui's job to check out the paper work of factories or to track their fire fighting capabilities/alternate exits etc. but he could have planned and enforced fire fighting capabilities for all factories/business under his ministry.

well if we give credit to certain party or certain people then if something bad happens under there command then ofcourse we must put it in their account don't you think?

like for example if rehman malik (Interior minister) fails to stop target killers and terrorists then ofcourse we must blame him. who else can we hold accountable?

ministers are not in power to just relax and drive around with protocol! they are incharge of day to day affairs of there citzens hence they are accountable for the good and bad.

but if you say " blaming the minister is not fair as he is there to set out a vision, a future and not to macro/micro manage things." then that is totally wrong its like saying that if there are rains in karachi and the roads are not choked then we give the credit to the NAZIM of karachi but if . they get choked then we say its not his fault. if we keep letting the people incharge get away then the system will never imporve sadly this is why Pakistan is in the state it is in!

we never hold our ministers and governors accountable for anything! hence everyone walks away with every type of crime! from sick sheep importing to burning down of buildings! we MUST hold people incharge of our affairs responsible that is what our religion also teaches us doesn't it?

well if we give credit to certain party or certain people then if something bad happens under there command then ofcourse we must put it in their account don't you think?

like for example if rehman malik (Interior minister) fails to stop target killers and terrorists then ofcourse we must blame him. who else can we hold accountable?

ministers are not in power to just relax and drive around with protocol! they are incharge of day to day affairs of there citzens hence they are accountable for the good and bad.

but if you say " blaming the minister is not fair as he is there to set out a vision, a future and not to macro/micro manage things." then that is totally wrong its like saying that if there are rains in karachi and the roads are not choked then we give the credit to the NAZIM of karachi but if . they get choked then we say its not his fault. if we keep letting the people incharge get away then the system will never imporve sadly this is why Pakistan is in the state it is in!

we never hold our ministers and governors accountable for anything! hence everyone walks away with every type of crime! from sick sheep importing to burning down of buildings! we MUST hold people incharge of our affairs responsible that is what our religion also teaches us doesn't it?

Then perhaps we should demand a presidential resignation followed by the NA members, Senate and then provincial assemblies, then the CJ and other justices as well as Generals, Corp commanders and so on? If Railway is failing, we can blame the President/Prime Minister because they have personally given that portfolio to the person who is raping Railways but if they instead remove that incompetent and highly corrupt person and install someone who turns railways in to a profit making organization then I would be praising the same prime minister/president.

But the president/prime minister cannot go and micro manage railways, can they? And they have power to remove anyone and install almost anyone anywhere unlike the Nazim or Minister of ports & shipping. We praise MK because he committed his teams to development of Karachi but was he micro managing things? No he was not, it is simply impossible.

Even the local Government system, what is it all about? It is about you and me having the power to elect our own representatives at council level who in turn should have the power to solve our problems. That's how representation builds up in civilized countries, there is a chain of command and the commander must have the power and the courage to make strong decision for the benefit of citizens.

Rauf Siddiqui should have issued a show cause notice to the DC's/AC's and those who are responsible for site visits and audits of all such factories etc., instead of resigning.

Then perhaps we should demand a presidential resignation followed by the NA members, Senate and then provincial assemblies, then the CJ and other justices as well as Generals, Corp commanders and so on? If Railway is failing, we can blame the President/Prime Minister because they have personally given that portfolio to the person who is raping Railways but if they instead remove that incompetent and highly corrupt person and install someone who turns railways in to a profit making organization then I would be praising the same prime minister/president.

But the president/prime minister cannot go and micro manage railways, can they? And they have power to remove anyone and install almost anyone anywhere unlike the Nazim or Minister of ports & shipping. We praise MK because he committed his teams to development of Karachi but was he micro managing things? No he was not, it is simply impossible.

Even the local Government system, what is it all about? It is about you and me having the power to elect our own representatives at council level who in turn should have the power to solve our problems. That's how representation builds up in civilized countries, there is a chain of command and the commander must have the power and the courage to make strong decision for the benefit of citizens.

Rauf Siddiqui should have issued a show cause notice to the DC's/AC's and those who are responsible for site visits and audits of all such factories etc., instead of resigning.

ofcourse why will PPP not be voted into power in next election? because the MINISTERS failed in their job to ensure that they keep a check on everything under their ministry!

Mustafa Kamal and Shahbaz Sharif in punjab are rare cases they both personally reach every area themselves & keep regular checks on things.

now if the railways does bad ofcourse it is the incompetence of the railway minister to let incompetent corrupt staff into railways.

same way its the job of the ports minister to ensure no illegal stuff comes through HIS PORT! because it is his job to ensure he keeps a check on everything. babar ghauri should resign because under his MINISTRY 21,000 diseased sheep entered karachi port & got off loaded!

good rauf siddiqui resigned because it is his fault that he chose the wrong staff to run the show!

look in simple layman terms no one rememberes the side characters in the tv show everyone remembers the main hero. and ministers are the main "heros" of this country. they are elected to power to run things and are held responsible for all the good and the bad!

you can't just praise them for the good and let them go for the wrong. the world works that way. look at salman butt's example. he personally didn't ball the no ball but because people under him did he was directly responsible and hence banned!

our politicans get away because people like you don't blame them. once we become fair in praising& criticizing the leadership our nation will improve!

ofcourse why will PPP not be voted into power in next election? because the MINISTERS failed in their job to ensure that they keep a check on everything under their ministry!

Mustafa Kamal and Shahbaz Sharif in punjab are rare cases they both personally reach every area themselves & keep regular checks on things.

now if the railways does bad ofcourse it is the incompetence of the railway minister to let incompetent corrupt staff into railways.

same way its the job of the ports minister to ensure no illegal stuff comes through HIS PORT! because it is his job to ensure he keeps a check on everything. babar ghauri should resign because under his MINISTRY 21,000 diseased sheep entered karachi port & got off loaded!

good rauf siddiqui resigned because it is his fault that he chose the wrong staff to run the show!

look in simple layman terms no one rememberes the side characters in the tv show everyone remembers the main hero. and ministers are the main "heros" of this country. they are elected to power to run things and are held responsible for all the good and the bad!

you can't just praise them for the good and let them go for the wrong. the world works that way. look at salman butt's example. he personally didn't ball the no ball but because people under him did he was directly responsible and hence banned!

our politicans get away because people like you don't blame them. once we become fair in praising& criticizing the leadership our nation will improve!

and i havent seen you criticising any other political party than MQM, you should openly declare your bias here, and you dont dare to appreciate the good things in the MQM because you fear that its against the norms to praise MQM, and the consequences will be harsh, you wont forgive yourself afterwards

This thread has become MQM VS Anti-MQM Fighting Ground!!

[:::~Spartacus~:::];3421403 said:
and i havent seen you criticising any other political party than MQM, you should openly declare your bias here, and you dont dare to appreciate the good things in the MQM because you fear that its against the norms to praise MQM, and the consequences will be harsh, you wont forgive yourself afterwards

before posting your venom READ what i write! i praise where its due! like mustafa kamal in my last post! infact i always say MAKE MUSTAFA KAMAL the party CHIEF of MQM!!! but ofcourse you love to just spread hate and ethnic violence regardless so carry on.

Local government: The reality check that must not bounce

The outcry against the Sindh Local Government Ordinance 2012 began as soon as the law was passed. Some have opposed the manner in which it was introduced, while others have opposed the distinguishing difference in the larger urban forms (metropolitan corporations) prescribed under it.
For my part, I admit I also felt a sense of trepidation and had kept my expectations low. This is because I feared it would resemble the Punjab Local Government Act 2012. After having examined the Sindh ordinance, I’m happy to say that I was pleasantly surprised. Indeed, it seems that the delay in introducing SPLGO 2012 has actually benefitted Sindh and has led to a more mature plan. While it is not without its demerits, it does create a more sound foundation on which to build a local system that is a better match for changing ground realities.
This is important because a local government system that doesn’t match/respect changing demographics and/or is unbalanced has economic consequences. Certain kinds of local systems advance economies while others undermine them.
It is in this context that any local government plan must be examined.
As the national government announces a plan for Special Economic Zones (SEZs), it is well worth keeping in mind that the country that used SEZs most productively (China) also relied even more heavily on its local governments as economic engines. Hence, from the villages (with amazingly successful rural industrialization under the township and village enterprises) to the urban centers, each sector was empowered to be economically active. The Chinese understand the value of decentralization, clustering, agglomeration economies and integrated regional governance. It is a lesson that Pakistan still needs to learn.
Developing countries like Pakistan have been disadvantaged by the fact that they face rapidly changing demographics and settlement patterns, which their local systems have been unable to manage as they were devised for a different time. The sensibility that developed countries have about the need to upgrade and improve local systems is not realised and/or appreciated in such countries.
Hence they have not evolved their systems as developed countries have. It is not just limited resources that are to be blamed, but also the structure of their systems and the unwillingness of their governments to face changing realities. Here, the reality is that Pakistan is now the most urbanised country in South Asia and has developed distinct settlement patterns.
As revealed by the 1998 census, 50% of the population lived in cities with a population exceeding a million residents. In Sindh, Karachi has over 60% of the urban population.
This indicates unbalanced urban development and an over reliance on Karachi. At the same time Karachi is the urban economic engine of the country and its economic health has a nationwide effect.
Meanwhile, rural poverty in the province is based primarily in its nonfarm sector. Pakistan thus needs a local system that nurtures its latent productive capacity. As a result the local government plan has a tall order to fill. The Sindh Local Government Ordinance 2012 takes some concrete steps in the right direction. In doing so it has combined aspects of both the Sindh Local Government Act 2001, which took the first steps towards addressing its urbanising reality, with some aspects of an older system which was devised for a different time.
It was not in any way a step towards building on the platform of Sindh Local Government Act 2001 in a more evolutionary direction. Like the Punjab law, SPLGO 2012 elevates the role of the province to constrict or stifle the autonomy and takes away the incentive for self improvement within local governments.
So whereas it was not a step in as regressive a direction as undertaken in the Punjab, it was more conservative than it needed to be.
Mayraj Fahim, as a Senior Fellow of the City Mayors Foundation, writes about local government on its website with an international perspective. She can be followed on twitter @MayrajFahim
Published in The Express Tribune, October 4th, 2012.

MQM Organizes A Candlelight Vigil For Malala Yousufzai And Her Classmates In Jinnah Ground

Muttahida Quami Movement (MQM) organized a candlelight vigil today for the ambassador of peace Malala Yousufzai and her classmates Shazia and Kainat in Jinnah Ground in Azizabad. Deputy Conveners and members of the Co-ordination Committee of the MQM lit candles and offered expressed solidarity with Malala Yousufzai and her classmates. They offered prayers for their health and security.

Deputy Conveners Dr Farooq Sattar, Mr Anis Ahmed Qaimkhani, Dr Nusrat Shoukat and members of the Co-ordination Committee Mr Shoaib Ahmed Bukhari, Mr Kanwer Naveed Jameel, Dr Sagheer Ahmed, senior leader Mr Amir Khan, Senators, MNAs, MPAs, office-bearers and workers of various wings of the MQM and members of the Central Executive Council lit candles and prayed for Malala Yousufzai and her classmates.

A large number of people belonging to different spheres of life, including women and children, also burnt candles and prayed for the injured students. They paid tributes to Malala Yousufzai for her courage and determination.

Speaking on the occasion Dr Farooq Sattar said that Malala was the pride of the nation. He said that Mr Altaf Hussain, and the MQM considered the attack on Malala as equal to the attack on Pakistan itself. He said that it was the vicious conspiracy to kill the light emanating from the bright face of Pakistan.

Dr Sattar said that the time had come to decide if it was the Quaid-i-Azam’s Pakistan or the Pakistan of religious extremists and terrorists. The religious extremism and terrorism were the biggest hurdle in the path of the country in its quest for acquiring sovereignty and true freedom.

Dr Sattar said that the public meeting being held in the Jinnah Ground in Azizabad on 14th October would give us an opportunity to renew our pledge that we would transform Pakistan according to the vision of the Quaid-i-Azam.

Dr Sattar said that the world would have to be informed that the cowardly attack on Malala was a vicious conspiracy to tarnish the image of Islam. He appealed to the people of Karachi to participate in the public meeting in Azizabad in a large number for frustrating the conspiracy of religious extremists and terrorists.
Mashallah. Unlike Taliban Khan and evil ANP, MQM is so nice. I hope the evil cockroaches that are our politicians are exterminated by the light of the MQM

"Pakistan is on ventilator, either will it go up from this situation or it will be the death of pakistan, it cant carry on like this" Mustafa Kamal

Last edited by a moderator:
[:::~Spartacus~:::];3344431 said:
how can you say PTI is best of the lot when they literally import politicians from different parties and form the party over night, its like renting the politicians like PMLQ did

i support MQM because they bring people from poor background and not from the feudal background or chacha bhateja background, they bring merit people not stupid people just based on contacts and relations

i think you need to understand why MQM supports the local government system, these guys have proven their capability in that level and really helped people a lot

You support mqm , presumably belong to an urdu speaking family and you are still posting at pdf. Ever thought about your due place in mqm ? i
f you are at a due place then please note my application "meri ghar ki pichli gali ka gutter hai uska dhakkan charsi utha kar legaya hai , is baat ko 6 mahinay hogaey hain uc mai buhat application dee magar koi karwai nahi hui. gali band karne to sab se pehle pohanch gaey thay aap.. baraey meherbani gutter banwa kar dhakkan lagwa dain, aglay saal qurbani ki khaal ap ko doonga. shukria "
Ab to funds bhi agaey hain , bhai ko bol k ye masla bhi solve karwa do ..

[:::~Spartacus~:::];3350155 said:
what kind of retard logic is that?, everybody knows why MQM joins the government because our politics is dirty, and that no party is a party of principles, if principles mattered that PTI hadnt taken PMLQ lotas who first served musharraf in them

MQM is a party which is the fourth major and as its graph is going up, it needs a thread

Graph is going up thats why i can see the corner meetings have vanish in past few years. Ab to koi bhi nahi ata talian bajanay :P

You support mqm , presumably belong to an urdu speaking family and you are still posting at pdf. Ever thought about your due place in mqm ? i
f you are at a due place then please note my application "meri ghar ki pichli gali ka gutter hai uska dhakkan charsi utha kar legaya hai , is baat ko 6 mahinay hogaey hain uc mai buhat application dee magar koi karwai nahi hui. gali band karne to sab se pehle pohanch gaey thay aap.. baraey meherbani gutter banwa kar dhakkan lagwa dain, aglay saal qurbani ki khaal ap ko doonga. shukria "
Ab to funds bhi agaey hain , bhai ko bol k ye masla bhi solve karwa do ..

aur to karachi me kab se rehne lag gya :lol:

Guys where is [:::Spartacus:::] ?? Is he banned forever ???

If you can't run Pakistan Railways, let Lalu Yadav do so: MQM

Islamabad: A Pakistani lawmaker surprised his colleagues today by suggesting that the country's railways should be handed over to former Indian Railway Minister Lalu Prasad Yadav if the government was unable to tackle the state-run entity's numerous problems.

Muttahida Qaumi Movement lawmaker Sajid Ahmed made the suggestion in the National Assembly or lower house of Parliament while Parliamentary Secretary for Railways Noman Islam Sheikh was answering questions about the performance of the railways.

Yadav is widely credited for guiding the turnaround of the Indian Railways.

Pakistan Railways has been plagued by several problems over the past few years, including the lack of locomotives, shortage of spare parts and fuel and the cancellation of dozens of trains due to lack of financial resources.

Sheikh said new locomotives would have to be purchased for reviving the railways and making it a profitable organisation.

He said the Railways Ministry had floated a tender for purchasing 69 new locomotives.

All non-productive expenses had been stopped and expenditures were being incurred in line with available resources, he said.

The Pakistan Railways had received only Rs 6 billion out of a total bailout package of Rs 11 billion for 2010-2011.

A separate programme had been drawn up for repairing 96 locomotives with a loan from the National Bank of Pakistan.

Sheikh further said there was no proposal being considered for privatising the railways.

If you can't run Pakistan Railways, let Lalu Yadav do so: MQM

This is MQM's true face and their all out support for India. One should ask them first what they did to Karachi Circular Railway that was once running smoothly? :lol:

Back
Top Bottom