What's new

MQM has ‘flopped’ in Punjab: PML-N MPA

asif1986

BANNED
Reaction score
Daily Times - Leading News Resource of Pakistan

Staff Report

LAHORE: The Muttahida Qaumi Movement (MQM) has failed to launch itself in Punjab through its workers’ conventions and the party’s chief Altaf Hussain has shamed himself and his party by using the words ‘Shikari Kuttay’ (hunting dogs) in his speech, Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) Member Provincial Assembly Dr Ashraf Chohan said on Sunday.

Chohan said the provincial government had provided all facilities, including foolproof security, to the MQM for its convention, but the party failed to amass local support amongst the people.

He said a majority of the people who participated in the convention were from Sindh, who tried to show the party’s supposed strength in Punjab.

“The MQM spent loads of money on the conventions, but the people of Punjab have rejected their linguistic politics and showed their sympathies and affiliation with the PML-N and the Sharif brothers,” he added.

Chohan said all claims of MQM’s chief Altaf Hussain were “fake and bogus”, because he had forgotten Pakistani ethics, culture, traditions and problems during his stay in London.

He suggested that the MQM should reconsider its policies if it wanted to be successful outside Karachi.

hmm... cant really comment as most of the media is already biased... first lets hear it from our MQM supporters!!!

About time the MQM moved into the rest of pakistan and becomes a national party that can take on the old parties.
If it was not for altaf hussain i would vote for the mqm.

This was clear even before the convention,,,,,

that a party consist of bunch of ghundas cannot get success in punjab. And "people attending convention were imported" an old trick used by MQM many times...

Last edited:
Not all people are "ghundaas" plus i think punjab has its fair share of "ghundaas" thanks to PML(N). i think the MQM's anti feudal policy will go down quite well with the people of punjab. The first thing i think that they should do is start a student movement in PU so that they can counter those fundo of the IJT and kick their self-righteous behind

i this MQM has massive ability and its lions share of educated people to begin a successful journey in punjab, its about time, when MQM with ousted any other political party in punjab, if the people are sincere for their national support and not for their regional support.. and its also too fcuking early to say, MQM has failed there.

I say the more the merrier. For those politicians putting down the MQM, they must realize that the only way for the politics in Pakistan to evolve from "linguistic" ones is by letting parties like the MQM and ANP into other provinces.

I would say, if we take out the controversies from MQM, it has one of the most forward looking agenda (similar to PPP), but the difference between the two is that the former has been able to execute on its agenda whereas the latter just keep on talking about doing things.

Lastly, people of Pakistan deserve other parties to vote for aside from the usual two horse story. Having a third party like MQM in the foray with Punjabi members representing the province will give the other two a run for their money. They will have to deliver much more than they do now and this can only be good for not only Punjab but the whole of Pakistan.

Its in the interest of PPP and PML-N to talk up the linguistics issue and keep the MQM out of Punjab because they fear that status-quo can change.

I do want to say that I have never voted for the MQM and have had problems with many of their policies, but when I look at the aggregate picture, I feel that MQM as a "National" party has a lot of potential. More so than PTI.

These GUNDAS are much better that PPP and PML-ABCDEFGHIJ.......

They are known criminal and open what about those who are eating away Pakistan covertly....NAWAZ kahan BHang gaya? London? hahaha...Shabaz Sharif will go to "90' next month......they are better than ANP who says RAJA DAHIR as their hero....their chief guest will be Sonia Gandhi.....

MQM is enjoying the backing of GHQ and USA....they will surely be the future rulers.......:cheers:

For Me IMRAN is better than all. with no stains on his personality.

Imran-Khan.jpg

Imran-Khan53.jpg

I say the more the merrier. For those politicians putting down the MQM, they must realize that the only way for the politics in Pakistan to evolve from "linguistic" ones is by letting parties like the MQM and ANP into other provinces.

I would say, if we take out the controversies from MQM, it has one of the most forward looking agenda (similar to PPP), but the difference between the two is that the former has been able to execute on its agenda whereas the latter just keep on talking about doing things.

Lastly, people of Pakistan deserve other parties to vote for aside from the usual two horse story. Having a third party like MQM in the foray with Punjabi members representing the province will give the other two a run for their money. They will have to deliver much more than they do now and this can only be good for not only Punjab but the whole of Pakistan.

Its in the interest of PPP and PML-N to talk up the linguistics issue and keep the MQM out of Punjab because they fear that status-quo can change.

I do want to say that I have never voted for the MQM and have had problems with many of their policies, but when I look at the aggregate picture, I feel that MQM as a "National" party has a lot of potential. More so than PTI.

which ones have you voted :woot:

This is not the first time MQM tried to pull off their stunts in Panjab , they did the same thing in the last elections under Musharraf's patronage and failed :P now again they have failed :P

and they also failed when funny Altaf Hussain gave Salam to Panjab from London

^^ hey getthos are not made by MQM :D, they are made by people migrating from from all over pakistan who seek jobs here.

how much is the population of lahore and how big it is, can it compete karachi in terms of jobs opportunities and industrially. karachi is considered to be one of the worlds biggest city. dont compare lahore with karachi!!

^^ hey getthos are not made by MQM :D, they are made by people migrating from from all over pakistan who seek jobs here.

how much is the population of lahore and how big it is, can it compete karachi in terms of jobs opportunities and industrially. karachi is considered to be one of the worlds biggest city. dont compare lahore with karachi!!

World's Biggest city in terms of population only ;)

come and visit Lahore - Both cities are pretty much competitive in terms of quality of life :smitten: and somehow i would say Lahore has a slight edge in quality of life

Lets not compare them these are Two of the best and distinguished cities of Pakistan :yahoo:

World's Biggest city in terms of population only ;)

come and visit Lahore - Both cities are pretty much competitive in terms of quality of life :smitten: and somehow i would say Lahore has a slight edge in quality of life

Lets not compare them these are Two of the best and distinguished cities of Pakistan :yahoo:

thats what i am talkin, and not only population but by area as well, karachi maybe three to four times bigger than lhr..

i dunno abt lahore as i havent went there, i dunno how is life style there, in order to prove that lahore has slightly higher life style youll have to prove it, the life style which the middle and higher class in karachi has can be a standard for pakistan as far as i know..

the city of karachi has way more industries as compared to lahore so it has the biggest labor class community unparallel in pakistan..

Back
Top Bottom