What's new

MQM has ‘flopped’ in Punjab: PML-N MPA

Not all people are "ghundaas" plus i think punjab has its fair share of "ghundaas" thanks to PML(N). i think the MQM's anti feudal policy will go down quite well with the people of punjab. The first thing i think that they should do is start a student movement in PU so that they can counter those fundo of the IJT and kick their self-righteous behind

I too welcome any party willing to become national in outlook, however i disagree with the student movement part...all that these pathetic student movements ever led to was violence and huge damage to our prestigious institutes.

Also the ghundagardi is very much part of politics (sadly), however in Punjab we do not see any ethnic violence to the scale of Karachi, that is a major difference here which MQM should be mindful about.

It is a golden opportunity for MQM to come clean and start anew...a peaceful, anti Feudal party in Punjab will definitely win a lot of support due to a lot of major cities in Punjab and may tilt the balance in favor of the middle class.

Let us hope MQM embraces the concept of a national party without any ethnic strings attached.
Everybody knows that they are not feudal, however will they ever think in non Mohajir terms?
That is a huge question mark and can be best answered by how they conduct themselves in the years to come.

MQM minus Altaf Hussain and ghundas can be a good choice and work for development BUT for the time being they are acting like some horrible extortionists.

A good number of educated urdu speaking Pakistanis are made hostage of Altaf.

For heaven sake change him. Time to bring the educated Urdu Speaking Pakistani youth into main party power

Let me quote an incident. I was covering one of the MQM conventions held in Lahore. After it was over and the MQM supporters flocked outside, i had a chit chat with many of them. A lot of them came from rural areas which was a surprise for me. But even bigger surprise came when they told me that they had been promised that they will get to see a dance party [Punjabi Drama Show] if they agreed to attend the address.

Anyway, MQM's policies on paper are quite good. Most of their party members are from simpler backgrounds and quite educated. The party structure is strong which helps even an ordinary worker to climb up the ranks.

The problems, however, are there as well. The party is controlled in an autocratic style, just like PPP, PML-N, ANP. No decisions can be made without Altaf Hussain's approval. Why he has been sitting in London for the last several years is another big question mark. Plus the fact that it has not been able to build it's image as a true national party since most of it's ranks are still Mohajir, which strengthens a belief among many that non-Mohajirs won't get far in it.

Over all, i guess MQM has a votebank in each constituency of Punjab. I covered the last general elections and MQM got 2 to 3 thousand votes in almost all seats that it contested. I don't think it will become a major force in Punjab in the coming future. The land barons of Punjab and the typical mindset of the voter won't let it grow.

Let me quote an incident. I was covering one of the MQM conventions held in Lahore. After it was over and the MQM supporters flocked outside, i had a chit chat with many of them. A lot of them came from rural areas which was a surprise for me. But even bigger surprise came when they told me that they had been promised that they will get to see a dance party [Punjabi Drama Show] if they agreed to attend the address.

Anyway, MQM's policies on paper are quite good. Most of their party members are from simpler backgrounds and quite educated. The party structure is strong which helps even an ordinary worker to climb up the ranks.

The problems, however, are there as well. The party is controlled in an autocratic style, just like PPP, PML-N, ANP. No decisions can be made without Altaf Hussain's approval. Why he has been sitting in London for the last several years is another big question mark. Plus the fact that it has not been able to build it's image as a true national party since most of it's ranks are still Mohajir, which strengthens a belief among many that non-Mohajirs won't get far in it.

Over all, i guess MQM has a votebank in each constituency of Punjab. I covered the last general elections and MQM got 2 to 3 thousand votes in almost all seats that it contested. I don't think it will become a major force in Punjab in the coming future. The land barons of Punjab and the typical mindset of the voter won't let it grow.

Bro..i m telling u...Altaf Hussain doesn't make policies of MQM...Imran Farooq and Farooq sattar and Rabita Committee make the policies.

=Jana;916145]

A good number of educated urdu speaking Pakistanis are made hostage of Altaf.

How can one man with may be a few hundred loyalist supporters lets say even armed can hostage appx 9-10 million people and thats also in the presence of thousands of paramiltary i.e armed forces , rangers , police and security agencies ? can you please support it with some sort of ligid source ?

Bro..i m telling u...Altaf Hussain doesn't make policies of MQM...Imran Farooq and Farooq sattar and Rabita Committee make the policies.

oh really!! so then what does altaf do??? at one point you say Altaf bhai naay kaha altaf bhai yeh altaf bhai woh!!!

if it is done by farooq sattar & rabita committe then altaf becomes a dummy right??? if he is a dummy then remove him why keep him after all he is a british national! :coffee:

make mustafa kamal the leader of MQM and see its support rise!! altaf,nawaz,zardari,bhutto POLITICS SHOULD BE OVER IN PAKISTAN!!

How can one man with may be a few hundred loyalist supporters lets say even armed can hostage appx 9-10 million people and thats also in the presence of thousands of paramiltary i.e armed forces , rangers , police and security agencies ? can you please support it with some sort of ligid source ?

legitamte source????

but ofcourse this is IGNORED BY MQM & ITS brain washed supporters!!
:hitwall::hitwall:

Last edited by a moderator:
make mustafa kamal the leader of MQM and see its support rise!! altaf,nawaz,zardari,bhutto POLITICS SHOULD BE OVER IN PAKISTAN!!

Helo look around or read papers , you seem to be in way back mode last bhutto was killed in 2007. No one gives a *** about altaf or remaining names mentioned by time will all fade away. We are all worried about Pakistan one way or another.

Helo look around or read papers , you seem to be in way back mode last bhutto was killed in 2007. No one gives a *** about altaf or remaining names mentioned by time will all fade away. We are all worried about Pakistan one way or another.

True no one gives a **** about altaf or mqm! hence this whole thread is pointless! right??? but the problem remains i have a PAKISTANI PASSPORT i live & die here!!! i got no where to go while altaf bhai has a british one lives in britian for 20 years he really doesn't care does he about pakistan? & like i said remove zardari,bhutto,nawaz,altaf,asfandyar,mullah!! a revolution is required!! no more corrupt people no more british people! no more politics of division! no more politics of ethnicity!

altaf,nawaz,zardari can never bring change!!!! :coffee:

& besides your post makes no sense!! you asked for proof i provided proof! :wave: have fun :cheers:

ice_man;918876]True no one gives a **** about altaf or mqm! hence this whole thread is pointless! right??? but the problem remains i have a PAKISTANI PASSPORT i live & die here!!! i got no where to go while altaf bhai has a british one lives in britian for 20 years he really doesn't care does he about pakistan?:coffee:

hahaha you wil be the first one to run provided you have the oppourtunity .. and thats not you most of us will do the same...
appx 20 million pakistanis live abroad out of which appx 2 million+ have dual citizenship , and out of which most of them dont come here (security reasons) so according to your defination they are all traitors. Be realistic please if your life is threatned than wil never go 2 a place as simple as that, we have been through this many times and again please check history and dead personalities. Benazir , zia , liaquat ali khan ,many more.

There is confidence, over-confidence and arrogance. Few fellow posters seem to forget that very political party has a Pandora box of its own.anyways political options are always good and it will make political parties work harder in punjab for votes.

oh really!! so then what does altaf do??? at one point you say Altaf bhai naay kaha altaf bhai yeh altaf bhai woh!!!

if it is done by farooq sattar & rabita committe then altaf becomes a dummy right??? if he is a dummy then remove him why keep him after all he is a british national! :coffee:

As pak marine said they are 2million pakistanis having dual nationalities, so would you call them traitors as well? Even Quaid-e-
Azam left pakistan for some reasons, and ALtaf Hussain was brain behind MQM so he's the chief just watch this video, why people hate him, why govts started operation against him,

And today he has state of the art media cell, which provides him news with analysis, so he is more informed abt issues in pakistan, as compared to us and other pakistani leaders, thats why MQM makes right decisions on rite time, which results in their growth.

We cannot change the mind of people who say MQM is flopped in Punjab but we can show them what Mustafa Kamal done in Karachi !
MQM has thousands of MK they only need to votes to use them !

Back
Top Bottom