What's new

Movies to watch out for, From Pakistan!

Saba Qamar's upcoming release 8969 is 'the biggest mistake of her career'

The actor says she was coerced into playing the role of the heroine

582183f86e6f6.jpg

A music video from the film was released showing Saba doing an 'item number' on a shoddy set with bad choreography.

Saba Qamar has earned the limelight; her hit drama serials, like Maat and currently airing Besharam are proof of her acting prowess. Now, that the starlet is all set for a bigger role on the big screen with Lahore Se Aageyreleasing this month, we take a look at her earlier film project 8969.

A few years ago she had appeared in the trailer of Hamza Ali Abbasi’s Kambakht and in Azeem Sajjad’s 8969.

"First things first," she starts. "I don’t think Hamza is interested in releasing Kambakht anymore as it was shot a long time back and if released, it might look awkward as a lot of things have changed."

"As for Azeem Sajjad’s project, it was not a film but a tele-film and I was conned into doing it because he was a family friend and claimed that his heroine had disappeared," she says.

A music video from the film was released showing Saba doing an 'item number' on a shoddy set with bad choreography. "He [Azeem Sajjad] told me that the song will be shot in a 'royal' manner with a huge set, limousines, foreign dancers and what not but when I went on the set, it resembled a second-grade stage," she continues.

"Despite my reservations, I went ahead with the badly-choreographed number which he promised to scrap once the producer had left. It was probably the biggest mistake of my career and the worst experience so far. But what was more hurtful were the statements by both of his wives who blasted me to save their egotistical husband from embarrassment."

8969 stars Saba Qamar, Hussain Tiwana, Sadaf Hamid and Ali Jabran Khan in lead roles and is set for release on 2nd December 2016.

Saba Qamar's upcoming release 8969 is 'the biggest mistake of her career'

The actor says she was coerced into playing the role of the heroine

582183f86e6f6.jpg

A music video from the film was released showing Saba doing an 'item number' on a shoddy set with bad choreography.

Saba Qamar has earned the limelight; her hit drama serials, like Maat and currently airing Besharam are proof of her acting prowess. Now, that the starlet is all set for a bigger role on the big screen with Lahore Se Aageyreleasing this month, we take a look at her earlier film project 8969.

A few years ago she had appeared in the trailer of Hamza Ali Abbasi’s Kambakht and in Azeem Sajjad’s 8969.

"First things first," she starts. "I don’t think Hamza is interested in releasing Kambakht anymore as it was shot a long time back and if released, it might look awkward as a lot of things have changed."

"As for Azeem Sajjad’s project, it was not a film but a tele-film and I was conned into doing it because he was a family friend and claimed that his heroine had disappeared," she says.

A music video from the film was released showing Saba doing an 'item number' on a shoddy set with bad choreography. "He [Azeem Sajjad] told me that the song will be shot in a 'royal' manner with a huge set, limousines, foreign dancers and what not but when I went on the set, it resembled a second-grade stage," she continues.

"Despite my reservations, I went ahead with the badly-choreographed number which he promised to scrap once the producer had left. It was probably the biggest mistake of my career and the worst experience so far. But what was more hurtful were the statements by both of his wives who blasted me to save their egotistical husband from embarrassment."

8969 stars Saba Qamar, Hussain Tiwana, Sadaf Hamid and Ali Jabran Khan in lead roles and is set for release on 2nd December 2016.
The only good movie this December is 3 Bahadur 2 :D
@django @Moonlight @The Sandman

Upcoming Pakistani Movie ‘Maidan’ to Showcase a New Face of Street Children in Pakistan

From real life to reel life, upcoming feature film ‘MAIDAN’ produced under the ‘Shuffler Films’ banner will shed light on the success stories of street children of Pakistan in an insightful way.

MAIDAN’ is based on a true account of street children hailing from poverty-stricken areas of Pakistan that came together to take part in the ‘2014 Street Child World Cup’ held in Brazil. The story revolves around real life characters and their struggle to make it to the international platform in a captivating way. It brings to life their patriotism, passion for the sport and dedication to make their dreams come true.

Azad Foundation, the guardian of these children has legally sold their intellectual and creative rights to ‘Shuffler Films’ and officially collaborated with the production company to make the feature film.

“The storyline of the film is real, relatable and enthralling,” said Gohar Rasheed. “We see the struggle of these children every day, but this struggle and effort alongside success is something I wish to capture and bring to a larger audience through cinema’ He added.

‘MAIDAN’ is scheduled to be shot in three different countries- Pakistan, Europe, and Brazil. The casting of the project is still in process and will be announced soon.

Mawra Hocane set to make her Pakistani film debut in Saqib Malik's next

Rumour has it Coke Studio star Umair Jaswal will also be part of the cast!

58244b4eb6e45.jpg

The actress will be seen in Saqib Malik's next directorial venture; according to sources close to the project, filming will start early next year.

After conquering television dramas and Bollywood, it seems like Mawra Hocane is finally ready to make her stint in a Pakistani movie.

The actress will be seen in Saqib Malik's next directorial venture. According to sources close to the project, filming will start early next year.

The GEO Entertainment movie will be partially shot in Istanbul and rumour has it Mor Mahal leading man Umair Jaswal will also be sharing screen space with Hocane.

Mawra will also soon star as the titular character of the upcoming HUM TV serial Sammi, which is "a social cause-based serial, being produced in collaboration with the John Hopkins University."

With Malik directing and these two superstars being part of the cast, we're sure this is going to be one to watch out for.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom