What's new

MOVED: Dhaka the most hipster like city in South Asia AND other hipster cities of South Asia.

music scene in india is improving
tomorrow martin garrix is playing in delhi and i am going.:victory::chilli::victory:

Sunburn had been in col as well

Electric Peacock festival

Stomp in Colombo

I don't really know, but in my experince and opinion, hipsters are those that live in gentrifying neighbourhoods, wear bohemian and often times retro (late 70s thru' the 80s) clothing, listen to alternative and indie music etc. The new residents of Williamsburg (Brooklyn) symbolize the 'hipster' to me.

All those LSD and bath salt sniffing 48 hour raves in Goa are full of them

Last edited:
All those LSD and bath salt sniffing 48 hour raves in Goa are full of them

They call it Mkat (Meow) nowadays.

Bombay's Bandra, and parts of Juhu and Versova are totally hipster in its true contemporary definition IMO.

They call it Mkat (Meow) nowadays.

Bombay's Bandra, and parts of Juhu and Versova are totally hipster in its true contemporary definition IMO.

Yeah Colombo does not have an equivalent,, But Galle does.. Totally Bohemian side of it

Street art in Colombo

z_p13-Artists2.jpg

1266926282-kala-pola-the-biggest-open-air-gallery-for-paintings-in-colombo257323_257323.jpg

1266926280-kala-pola-the-biggest-open-air-gallery-for-paintings-in-colombo257322_257322.jpg

kala%2B02.jpg

6780729767_e076e0ee27_b.jpg

kala%20pola%202011.jpg

1295862821-the-kala-pola-art-fair_566182.jpg

diyatha-uyana-3d-Photographs.jpg

Attachments

• z_p13-Artists2.jpg
    z_p13-Artists2.jpg
    223.2 KB · Views: 16
  • 1266926282-kala-pola-the-biggest-open-air-gallery-for-paintings-in-colombo257323_257323.jpg
    1266926282-kala-pola-the-biggest-open-air-gallery-for-paintings-in-colombo257323_257323.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 15
  • 1266926280-kala-pola-the-biggest-open-air-gallery-for-paintings-in-colombo257322_257322.jpg
    1266926280-kala-pola-the-biggest-open-air-gallery-for-paintings-in-colombo257322_257322.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 11
  • kala%2B02.jpg
    kala%2B02.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 15
  • 6780729767_e076e0ee27_b.jpg
    6780729767_e076e0ee27_b.jpg
    247.4 KB · Views: 14
  • kala%20pola%202011.jpg
    kala%20pola%202011.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Same, I believe the problem here is the rise in middle class, with the rise, more and more are purchasing cars cause they can. However I'm positive that in a few years time when the elevated expressway and metros are completed, we will see less cars.

Do Muslims in BD also celebrate Holi and take part in Rangola competition like this ?

This is not hipster, its stupid shabagi bohemian crap. Bangladesh is a muslim nation, may we never get any raving scene. You have to be quite messed up in the head to go to a rave.

Hipster, you have to be in Goa then.

No place in south asia comes close to that...Thats hipster..

Indian bros please show 'em..

Hipster means a person who follows latest trends in the world so I guess Colombo or Goa could be the most hipster-like city in South Asia as they are the most liberal ones or am I wrong? Isn't Bangladesh conservative?

I don't think someone who make copyright claims over some lame pictures know anything worth mentioning.:bunny::yahoo:

Still fretting over the fact that I requested you and your ilk not to post photos that I took/belong to me? :lol: I wasn't trying to start something there, nitwit, just saying that what you think is "hipster" isn't really what it is. You're a moron who takes himself too seriously :lol:

Hipster means a person who follows latest trends in the world so I guess Colombo or Goa could be the most hipster-like city in South Asia as they are the most liberal ones or am I wrong? Isn't Bangladesh conservative?

naaah that's not it at all.

The hipster subculture typically consists of white millennials living in urban areas.The subculture has been described as a "mutating, trans-Atlantic melting pot of styles, tastes and behavior and is broadly associated with indie and alternative music, a varied non-mainstream fashion sensibility (including vintage and thrift store-bought clothes), generally progressive political views, organic and artisanal foods, and alternative lifestyles. Hipsters are typically described as affluent or middle class young Bohemians who reside in gentrifying neighborhoods

Also, You'd think the definition below is more apt for what the OP is going for in this thread

The word hipster is often used as a pejorative to describe someone who is pretentious, Overly trendy or effete. Some analysts contend that the notion of the contemporary hipster is actually a myth created by marketing

Hipster, you have to be in Goa then.

No place in south asia comes close to that...Thats hipster..

Indian bros please show 'em..

Goa has nothing on places like Bombay, Delhi (Though very pretentious) and Colombo.. Goa is a outdated out post of the 70's made famous by hippies not exactly hipsters for it's drug/acid filled raves, Nowadays it's just a transit point for day drugs Russian mafia, Nigerians and a few dreadlocked Israeli's.. South West Coast of Sri Lanka is the red hot place to be now, With it's boutique villas and If you have money, Alternative lifestyle

But as far as the general definition of being hip goes.. Nothing comes close to Bombay in the region

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom