What's new

MOVED: Dhaka the most hipster like city in South Asia AND other hipster cities of South Asia.

Dhaka is certainly a nice city. I had lived there and had some good memories.

Colombo has the best nightlife in the subcontinent in my opinion. That being said, it's not like I've visited every single city in the region.

Colombo has the best nightlife in the subcontinent in my opinion. That being said, it's not like I've visited every single city in the region.

I still say Bombay but you need shyt load of money to really party there

Still fretting over the fact that I requested you and your ilk not to post photos that I took/belong to me? :lol: I wasn't trying to start something there, nitwit, just saying that what you think is "hipster" isn't really what it is. You're a moron who takes himself too seriously :lol:
Oh please. Why the hell would I want to post those lame pics taken by a cheap cam. Do you really think they worth something? :bunny:

Can't believe people are actually fighting over which city is "better" or more "hipster."

Let's be honest, almost all cities in South Asia are holes compared to cities in the west and indeed the rest of Asia. Offensive perhaps, but it is the truth. I guess you could compare cities within South Asia to each other but that would be like comparing one beggar to another.

I can only really speak for Sri Lanka, but what I can say is that the status quo can change with the right people at the helm (and of course after defeating a terror organisation that wants to plant random bombs to kill people). Colombo has really changed for the better over the last few years - ever since the current administration took over. It really is clean, it actually does not look like the dump it used to be, there are beautiful walkways, greenery and new places to go for recreation. Pavements have been reconstructed and to top it all off, it is actually being maintained well without going back to shambles within a few weeks (again, like what used to happen). It is still bloody hot, however but hey, it is in the tropics afterall.

Now as for night life, of course Muslim countries in general aren't going to have the best nightlife because alcohol is taboo. Whereas in Sri Lanka alcohol is freely available and no one wastes an opportunity to throw a party and there are plenty of bars and nightclubs. Even on SriLankan Airlines the airhostesses seem to ply the aisle trying to get people drunk. The second bit to nightlife is a thriving tourism industry, which Sri Lanka does have - monthly tourist arrivals have been increasing ever since the end of the war in 2009 - that's almost 5 straight years of back to back rising tourist numbers.

Hipster to me means artsy fartsy people who may smoke pot and sit around listening to and/or making music, doing yoga and being creative. Maybe that is a stereotype I have. That kind of culture is not as of yet that popular in Sri Lanka, in my opinion. So maybe Dhaka does have an edge over other cities in in the region in this regard.

Last edited:
So hipster that there is no electricity @BDforever :rofl:
138091.jpg

have you seen lahore? you should see lahore. though it would've been better if you posted some more daily-life photos of dhaka because anyone can take select few pictures with eye candy camera settings of completely average cities and make them look beautiful.

Lahore...why can't so simply appreciate beauty.If we start posting daily life pics of Pakistan. I think you will not be proud too.Every Country have its beauty and its culture. Your country have unique culture but you are fast loosing it preserve it and post Lahore pics on diwali,eid and Holi.

Side note:

Bangladesh... please do not depend on other countries for your electricity, or put your energy resources in the hands of another country. This is a strategic no no. Even if this blackout was not sinister, there is always a possibility of sabotage. Hopefully the Bangladeshi government has learnt a lesson and will invest in power plants in Bangladesh?

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom