What's new

Move to reduce foreigners, hire more locals in jobs

Best to say setting up manufacturing, automation of big facilities/manufacturing lines. Some EE, embedded programming, manufacturing engineering in consumer electronics space.
I will try to squeeze information, between you can get SCADA type of automation, but not beyond that.

To make money.. There's no money to be made in Sri Lanka... There is in BD.. GDP per capita means nothing in this sense.. It's about how much money is flowing through BD and how many bucks are up for grabs.. same reason English people come to Arabia to teach English..

Actually we have qualified locals.. it is just that the system is stacked against them and they leave abroad.. when they are at home, nobody hires them as everyone thinks a foreigner will always do a better job than a local.. The whole issue is borne out of sheer misconception of industry leaders.
I see no problem with foreigners working in Bangladesh. Many Bangladeshis go to Europe and America and work in their local companies so what is wrong in foreigners working in Bangladeshi companies. Don't be a racist.

I see no problem with foreigners working in Bangladesh. Many Bangladeshis go to Europe and America and work in their local companies so what is wrong in foreigners working in Bangladeshi companies. Don't be a racist.

Keeping jobs preferred for local citizens is not racism. It is called enforcing immigration law which does say that locals will be preferred over foreigners, unless special situation exists where locals cannot be found. Even US and Canada have laws like this. Study the immigration laws of the flag country you claim to be from.

Most overseas citizens working in Bangladesh come in on Tourist visas (Indians are majority), and overstay their permission. These people should be caught and put in jail (fined too). All countries will do this, including India, for breaking immigration law.

Back
Top Bottom