What's new

Move over, F-22 Raptor !

Uncle SAM wasting money......

Yeah, they wasted a lot of money on 'foolish' endeavors like 'Moon Mission' so that the whole of mankind can enjoy the benefits of their work.

My impression is just an overall "feel" on details that affect RCS, and the picture I posted is a good one. That's all we can do anyhow, is speculate based upon published images and what little data there is. The F-22 is a cleaner airplane.

Fit/finish is critical. Seams and panels have to be perfect. It's a very subtle thing. Remember, the F-117 needed special putty on certain areas every flight, or it'd light up like a beacon. Getting a hugely reduced RCS is very hard to do.

Yes I agree, so I am subjecting the F-22 to the same scrutiny. Others have said that the F-22 is undoubtably the most stealthy plane in the world and it would be foolish to question this, yet here I am pointing out that it has a huge problem, also present on the T-50, that would compromise its stealth, and is not present on other competing designs.

Yeah, they wasted a lot of money on 'foolish' endeavors like 'Moon Mission' so that the whole of mankind can enjoy the benefits of their work.

To be fair the Moon Missions would be a lot more beneficial if the U.S. followed up on it. We could have an operational moon base by now otherwise.

We need to wait for more T-50 prototypes to see what Russians are gonna do with it finally.

To be fair the Moon Missions would be a lot more beneficial if the U.S. followed up on it. We could have an operational moon base by now otherwise.

The bolded part says it. If not for the US, their vast industrial base and their desire for reaching the moon I don't think mankind would have set their foot on moon. May be in the future some other nation would have done it, but Americans did it in the 20th century itself. Also I respect them for the fact that when they set foot on moon they claimed it for all mankind, not only for Americans.

So if someone says that Americans are wasting money on futuristic technology, remember that without their money power and innovation many of the things that we take for granted like internet may not have existed.

The bolded part says it. If not for the US, their vast industrial base and their desire for reaching the moon I don't think mankind would have set their foot on moon. May be in the future some other nation would have done it, but Americans did it in the 20th century itself. Also I respect them for the fact that when they set foot on moon they claimed it for all mankind, not only for Americans.

So if someone says that Americans are wasting money on futuristic technology, remember that without their money power and innovation many of the things that we take for granted like internet may not have existed.

Yeah and Russia invented Tetris. So what? Did they do it for the US, or for all? This is just the typical copout bullsh!t that you see from Americans and US regime fanboys across the world. Why not mention "lol if it wasn't for paper none of that would be designed" or "lol if it wasn't for zero..." or some other invention that the world got from a specific country but all benefited from?

I know that work force in Russia is cheap, but it does not explain that huge cost difrences between F-22 and T-50. Yanks used over 60 billion to make F-22... According state run media T-50 project has cost only 6-10 billion so far.

T-50 = SU-35 in a new shell?

$ 30 billion actually. From our side as well as from Russian side. That is half the amount. So not so much difference eh?

Last edited by a moderator:
The biggest problem of the T-50 is that the current prototype is hardly stealthy at all. Its rough finish, uneven surface, exposed blade, untreated exhaust make no stealthier than some fourth gen fighters like the EF-2000. I doubt if the RCS is less than 1m2 at the current configuration. The T-50 needs some seriously improvement before it can be considered a stealthy fighter. Sure it is very agile, but what's that good for when the enemy can see you and you can't see the enemy?

Russian Technology is second rate to American, heck even European Technology is better then Russian even Chinese Certain Technology are better then Russian Technology, come back in 30 years and then F-22 Will move over.

F-22andT-50.jpg

Comparing a Prototype to a Fully completed 5 gen jet is laughable, First improve the Russian economy then maybe they can actually have real Jet.

Even the Chinese have dropped the PAK-FA in favor of their own stealth Fighter, PAK-FA is only a paper plane I have more faith in the KF-X then the T-50. Russian Technology is second rate to American, heck even European Technology is better then Russian even certain Chinese Technology is better then Russian Technology, come back in 30 years and then F-22 Will move over Just my two Cent.
:usflag:

Of Course this is written by the Russian themselvs.:rolleyes::disagree:

Mig-21>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> F-4. What happen in the real world??:angel:

lol

Of Course this is written by the Russian themselvs.:rolleyes::disagree:

Mig-21>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> F-4. What happen in the real world??:angel:

lol

It was actually the opposite. On paper the F-4 was superior to the Mig-21 in every way yet in Vietnam the F-4 was literally slaughtered like cattle. It was only faced with 3rd generation airplanes that the Mig-21 couldn't beat it.

Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-21 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

After a million sorties and nearly 1,000 US aircraft losses, Operation Rolling Thunder came to an end on 1 November 1968.[22] A poor air-to-air combat loss-exchange ratios against the smaller, more agile enemy MiGs during the early part of the Vietnam War eventually led the USN to create their Navy Fighter Weapons School, also known as "Top Gun" at Miramar Naval Air Station on 3 March 1969.[23] The USAF quickly followed with their own version, titled the Dissimilar Air Combat Training (sometimes referred to as Red Flag) program. These two programs employed the subsonic Douglas A-4 Skyhawk and the supersonic F-5 Tiger II, as well as the Mach 2.4-capable USAF Convair F-106 Delta Dart, which mimicked the MiG-21.[24] Over the course of the air war, between 3 April 1965[25] and 8 January 1973, each side would ultimately claim favorable kill ratios.

No one can say which is better than which as of now. the T-50 just flew around for demonstration nothing more.

Until we have stats and actual numbers on our hands also coupled with actual air to air battles between the two no one can say which is better than which. Besides dogfights now a day are not done with Gatling guns they are about who detects who first and then fire their respective BVR missiles.

Back
Top Bottom