What's new

Move begins to form new India state

Is there any harm by creating Telanga as separate state??

Nopes...there is no harm in dividing a state into two or more smaller states.... for a citizen. But for Politicians ...it has a bigger effect....it reduces their clout ...and reduces their impact on national Politics.... so in a sense regional political parties ....get weaker as compared to national Political Parties...The central governments hold gets better ...

A new state gets its own resources that can be allocated to development work in much more effective manner..as compared to a much bigger state......

Bro i am very sad that this is happening but seeing events it :undecided:is certain that 3 states will be formed

It won't ,see KCR was riding a tiger he was in a catch 22 situation and the congress bailed him out.Why would the congress divide a state which yielded it 33 seats to the lok sabha

It won't ,see KCR was riding a tiger he was in a catch 22 situation and the congress bailed him out.Why would the congress divide a state which yielded it 33 seats to the lok sabha

but congress dug its own grave by bailing him now it got no control over this issue al regions are in favour of seperate states now ...............congress is biggest loser in this

JAI HIND

Many people claim that the underdevelopment of AP is due to its size and once it is divided more area specific development will be feasible. However what if the underdevelopment is not due to size but due to sheer incompetence of the leaders? What will happen if not much is achieved after division? By this logic will these states be further divided? it sounds absurd.
In my opinion the cause should be ascertained before taking such steps.

I am from Andhrapradesh and I support united AP, forming 3 states will not solve the problems.
It has to do with political leaders of that particular state for the backwardness of that region. people supporting small states should know the fact that lot of other movements are picking up for separate states which will create more divides than unity and integrity.

but congress dug its own grave by bailing him now it got no control over this issue al regions are in favour of seperate states now ...............congress is biggest loser in this

JAI HIND

Elaborate drama see even the resignations are going according to plan.The Kamma and reddy clan are playing hand in glove now.The crisis is an artificial creation so the resolution will not be introduced in assembly KCR is the biggest loser now,he is a winning loser

Elaborate drama see even the resignations are going according to plan.The Kamma and reddy clan are playing hand in glove now.The crisis is an artificial creation so the resolution will not be introduced in assembly KCR is the biggest loser now,he is a winning loser

It is not a caste problem people in rayalaseema and coastal andhra are worried, This in turn is putting pressure on the politicians.

Who are the prominent people from the respective regions.the rich ones especially
No, the problem is there are middle class people who are seeking jobs and want to settle in Hyderabad (every year there are lot of people migrating to Hyderabad) separating state will not guarantee the safety of these people because of provocating slogans and speeches of TRS.
Secondly there are investments from across the state which are helping to develop the city into world class. If a state divides the progress of the Andhra and Rayalaseema is at disadvantage(too early to say but true).

Telagana will prosper with the split. It can now compete head-to-head with Karntaka for becoming IT state. I am thinking of rest of AP - what will they do? Nothing other than Vishakapatanam - even that city is small. And lot of friends like Maosists - probably this state might turn into South India's Bihar.

Telagana will prosper with the split. It can now compete head-to-head with Karntaka for becoming IT state. I am thinking of rest of AP - what will they do? Nothing other than Vishakapatanam - even that city is small. And lot of friends like Maosists - probably this state might turn into South India's Bihar.
With people like KCR, prosperous telangana will never happen.:rolleyes:
I am a hyderabadi which means I am a guy with telangana origin. but I've roamed around entire AP on my bike covering most of the big towns of every district. underdeveloped telangana is not entirely true... The only agenda of KCR is to become CM which he could not even dream of with YSR and CBN living. since YSR is dead now he started all this drama. if the sentiment is really that strong why didnt his party win many seats in the elections???

You are absolutely wrong in fact coastal Andhra is one of the richest regions in india where development started in the late 1880's itself.The government of AP generates nearly 70% of its revenue from coastal Andhra itself.Where in Telangana thanks to nizam's legacy it was very backward till very recently.Coastal Andhra is highly urbanised to.My if they give telangana the coastal andhra will be one of India's richest states

---------- Post added at 08:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:26 PM ----------

Get a life losers - how will a Pakistani understand the issue of Telangana - waste of bandwidth

We are using a forum to discuss domestic issues

I like how India requires only a simple majority (correct me if I am wrong) in parliament to create new states.

In Pakistan it is equivalent to a constitutional amendment and requires a two thirds majority in the National and Provincial assemblies I believe. Otherwise we would likely be moving, at the very least, towards bifurcating Punjab (which is something I believe needs to be done given its size).

I'm not sure about the majority but the actual process which leads to a majority will take decades.

I like how India requires only a simple majority (correct me if I am wrong) in parliament to create new states.

In Pakistan it is equivalent to a constitutional amendment and requires a two thirds majority in the National and Provincial assemblies I believe. Otherwise we would likely be moving towards Punjab being divided into Punjab, South Punjab and Bahawalpur most likely.

Simple majority yes,but the procedure is no mean task
1)First we have to introduce a resolution in the states Legislative council
where I think it has to get a majority
2)Then it goes to the Rajya Sabha(it is associated with states and boundaries) where I think it must get two-thirds majority
3)Then the PoI must give the consent to the motion

Long procedure with even more bloody litigations which I don't know

Back
Top Bottom