What's new

Move begins to form new India state

gubbi

Reaction score
Country
India
Move begins to form new India state

India's home minister has announced that the process of forming a separate state in part of southern Andhra Pradesh state will begin soon.

P Chidambaram's announcement came in response to protests by separatists in Andhra Pradesh demanding a separate status for the Telegana region.

It also led a leading politician to call off a protest fast after 11 days.

The demand for a separate state for the underdeveloped and drought-prone Telengana region dates back 50 years.

The region is spread over 10 northern districts of Andhra Pradesh.

Separatists say that economic development in their region has been neglected in favour of the richer and more powerful Andhra region.

K Chandrasekara Rao of the Telangana Rashtra Samiti (TRS) broke his fast after Mr Chidambaram's announcement.

Mr Rao had quit the Congress-led government in 2006, saying the government had not fulfilled its "assurance" for a separate Telangana state.

'Happy'

"The process of forming the state of Telangana will be initiated. An appropriate resolution will be moved in the state assembly," Mr Chidambaram said.

He said the government had asked the authorities in Andhra Pradesh to withdraw cases against leaders, students and others "associated with the present agitation".

Mr Chidambaram appealed to protesters to call off their agitation.

The BBC's Omer Farooq in Hyderabad, the capital of Andhra Pradesh, says that the interior minister's announcement was greeted with celebrations among the protesters.

Supporters of the protest burst crackers, beat drums, danced and sang songs - even outside the hospital where Mr Rao had been admitted during his fast.

Mr Rao said: "I am happy that this is the victory of 35 million people who live in the Telangana region."

Protest rallies seeking a separate state planned for Thursday will now be "turned into victory rallies," organisers said.

Thousands of police were deployed in Hyderabad ahead of the rallies, but after Mr Chidambaram's announcement, security will be relaxed, say correspondents.

More than 400 people died in violence over the demand for a Telangana state in 1969.

India decides to carve new southern state after protest

Manmohan govt blinks, signals splitting Andhra for Telangana

Process of forming Telangana to be initiated: Centre

not at all possible Gubbi they only said they would initiate the process but did not specify the time frame.The declaration was done so that he will withdraw his fast.
This guy is actually a pawn between the kamma ,reddy brigades

I think there is nothing wrong it will lead to more development and better implementation of government schemes as smaller states can be better governed.

The bone of contention will be Hyderabad whichever state gets it the other will have to make a new capital. So a new world class city will be formed with good infrastructure to compete with Hyde.

I am all for smaller states which will lead to better standard of living and poverty alleviation. Moreover in a democracy it all about reasonable and peace full wishes of the local people within Indian constitution.

The people of the new state must be vigilant to avoid any new madhu kodas in the making. As many new politicians will be seeing new and big money.

I feel sorry for the little kids one more state to remember in the geography class. It was 21 states and 9 union territories when I was in school can anyone tell me the new numbers

I think 3 states will be formed from this telangana, andhra and rayalaseema:cheers:

Nothing of that sort all this is nothing but game of chess between two castes

Bro it went beyond reddy and kamma issue its much bigger now.........there will be 3 states hopefully it will happen peacefully

jaihind:cheers:

Bro it went beyond reddy and kamma issue its much bigger now.........there will be 3 states hopefully it will happen peacefully

jaihind:cheers:

beyond that sravan a separate telangana is not in the interest of both but an active KCR is in the intrest of each other.The loss of Telangana will ensure that the Reddy brigade will not capture power.The demise of YSR has become a boon to the Kamma briagade I shudder the moment when they get the power they had during the NTR era..really scary to think

Thanks for the news, but frankly why is it on Defence.pk. :) Why do we care???

beyond that sravan a separate telangana is not in the interest of both but an active KCR is in the intrest of each other.The loss of Telangana will ensure that the Reddy brigade will not capture power.The demise of YSR has become a boon to the Kamma briagade I shudder the moment when they get the power they had during the NTR era..really scary to think

Bro i am very sad that this is happening but seeing events it :undecided:is certain that 3 states will be formed

Is there any harm by creating Telanga as separate state??

sorry to break your heart jana no problem as far as india is concerned just a local issue of Andhra pradesh state not a big deal if you are not from AP state

Nope, except that resources have to be put in to make a new capital city, setup more govt and administrative infrastructure.

The probem comes if the new govt of that state is inefficient and ineffective, then the development stops and problems rise like criminal activity, and maoism cant be ruled out whenever that happens.

If however the state gets a proactive govt-development oriented, then it becomes a star performer.

Bro i am from reddy community still i prefer united AP, i think rayalaseema including nellore and prakasam will serve reddys interest and coastal reagion will serve kammas well so all will be happy i guess ............... its either united or 3

Nope, except that resources have to be put in to make a new capital city, setup more govt and administrative infrastructure.

The probem comes if the new govt of that state is inefficient and ineffective, then the development stops and problems rise like criminal activity, and maoism cant be ruled out whenever that happens.

If however the state gets a proactive govt-development oriented, then it becomes a star performer.

EXACTLY 100% true bro

JAI HIND
:cheers:

Back
Top Bottom