What's new

Move away from agriculture, Chinese economist advises

we should also promote software and service industry like health and education england economy is service based

we should also promote software and service industry like health and education england economy is service based

superb idea.. we should do this.. i don't wanna go in detail.. it is brilliant idea.
BUT BUT BUT it will take 30 years.. Most of population(60%) of pakistan only rely on agriculture. what about those people that relies only on agriculture?

reasons and points to be noted:
1. pakistan is getting water shortage every year because of india..
2. we can still produce cheap foods for our nation in future (punjab, kpk, gilgit baltistan)
3. chines with pakistanis industrialization should start to take place in sindh and balochistan.
4. we will have still the world largest natural water system.
5. after getting 10% GDP ratio from industrialization then divert the water of indus river from china to gilgit :devil:.
6. start again massive production of foods..

Advantages
1. eradicate the wadera's and chodhri, jirga illiterate influence from rural areas..
2. to get rid of the paralyze and artificial economy.
3. chances are widely to get the innovative technologies in every field by time.
4. pakistan can compete with world economies..
5. poverty will reduce with sophisticated manner.

disadvantages
1. alot of people have to suffer if there is no alternative for farmers and those belong to agriculture.
2. pollution will be surrounded every where and can cause the unhealthy environment .
3. people may have anarchy to get their right or unwarranted concern.
4. pakistan can face the biggest movement against Govt.
5. if we do this in hurry CPEC also can get trouble due to angry people.

Last edited:
I'm not sure whether it's appropriate to put my 2 cents here, but I sincerely wish Pakistan stable and prosperous which is not only interest of Pakistan, but also aligned to China's interest, China need a stable and prosperous Pakistan. The current situation is, India is desperately, eagerly stimulating domestic industry development, if Pakistan can not catch up in some sectors, it will be a big challenge to Pakistan's future. The Kashmir issue is a LONG TERM issue, the winner will be the country which can keep stable, and keep prosperous. Kashmir will finally belong to the winner, or go independent. The title of this article apparently imply the concerns from SOME Pakistan Establishment regarding the agriculture sector which is the foundation of Pakistan economy. I know that land is private property here, landlord can rent their land to poor people,
so it's a very stable cash flow for landlords. Industry development may impact interest of landlords, landlord worry that industry will compete cheap labors with agriculture, or government will requisite land in cheap price. The truth is there're lots of redundant labors in Pakistan, these labors can be utilized to facilitate low end manufacture industry which can create lots of jobs.
Apparently Lin's suggestion is to emphasize on industry development, not emphasize on 'shift from agriculture', the title is misleading. It simply reflect the concerns from SOME people.
China is upgrading its industry sector to high end, robotics based, many cheap labors will be replaced by robotics this is a world wide trend. However, some sectors still rely heavily on cheap labors, if Pakistan can not grasp this opportunity, these factories will be relocated to Africa, or SEA countries. CPEC in my eyes is essentially a stabilizer for Pakistan's society and economy, which could help to build a decent industrial foundation for Pakistan's development,
e.g. electricity power, high way, railway, port, manufacture factories, which is experience when China opened door to the rest of world. It's a tough task for Pakistan to implement the plans, this require government's determination and hard works and people's cooperation. If China intend to earn big money from the $45 billion investment, it's better to pour into other region, e.g. SEA or Africa, not Pakistan, so it's a strategic investment, not profit driven.

Your post is the only one that makes sense here.

Basically Pakistan will be taking the same route that China took decades ago. Low skilled industries shifted from the West (textile leading the flow) to China. Next step was local Chinese companies taking the lead in these industries. And finally that brings us to today where China is moving to high end cutting edge industries (local and foreign).

It will be a time taking process and will require determination from us over a few decades.

Back
Top Bottom