ghazi52

PDF THINK TANK: ANALYST
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Motorway Police traces accused

The Frontier Post

July 19, 2020

PESHAWAR: For the last several months there was information regarding involvement of some Punjab police officials in criminal activities on the motorway and especially Islamabad-Peshawar Sector M-1.

The culprits were reportedly using a White Honda Reborn bearing white unreadable number plate.

The officers of motorway Police near Burhan observed the above mentioned car. The NHMP officers intercepted the car in which total five (05) persons were boarded, out of whom two were in Punjab Police Uniforms (without name plates), while three were in civvies.

The occupants were asked about the documents as the car number plate was not readable. One of the occupants, wearing Punjab Police Uniform, introduced himself as Constable Asif Mehmood. The NHMP Officer asked about his service card which was also provided by him.

The officers called the nearest patrolling mobile to reach on the spot to apprehend the suspects. However, as soon as the alleged suspects smelled that some action was going to be taken against them, they pushed the officer, torn his uniform and ran away by taking exit from the next interchange Sangjani just 01km away. Service card of Constable Asif Mehmood was left behind with the officers of Motorway Police.

Upon initial investigation it has been learnt that Constable Asif Mehmood is official of district police Rawalpindi and posted at Adiyala Guard. His companion in uniform has also been identified as Constable Mukhtar, while three civilians are yet to be identified. Subsequently an FIR u/s 186, 353, 399 & 401 PPC has been lodged at P.S. Taxila against the accused. Reportedly, Rawalpindi Police high ups have ordered an inquiry into the matter for taking legal and departmental action against their involved police officials in highway crimes.

The Superintendent of Motorway Police Mr. Shah Asad Khan has appreciated the NHMP officers for the good work and announced cash reward and certificates for their encouragemeant.

He also emphasised upon all field staff under his command to implement road laws in its true sense and ensure safety and security of commuters.

Most of car theft and robberies involve police officials at some level. In oeshawar 90℅ car theft is done by police officials. No wonder...

In oeshawar 90℅ car theft is done by police officials. No wonder...
the thread is about Punjabi police being involved in theft & smuggling of narcotics, what Peshawar police has to do with this?
is it their fault that their culture taught them to respect the colleagues and give them a free passage without due inspection?

the thread is about Punjabi police being involved in theft & smuggling of narcotics, what Peshawar police has to do with this?
is it their fault that their culture taught them to respect the colleagues and give them a free passage without due inspection?

My point was all police in Pakistan are involved in crimes. I gave example of Peshawar because i know abt Peshawar. A friend's car was stolen, long story short, police knew everything and in end played role of mediator between the thieves and the party that lost car. My frnd paid 10 laakh for a 30 laakh car (a great offer according to police). Police facilitated the deal and transaction and car was returned, im sure police got their own share.

My point was all police in Pakistan are involved in crimes. I gave example of Peshawar because i know abt Peshawar. A friend's car was stolen, long story short, police knew everything and in end played role of mediator between the thieves and the party that lost car. My frnd paid 10 laakh for a 30 laakh car (a great offer according to police). Police facilitated the deal and transaction and car was returned, im sure police got their own share.
as you said, it's same across the country.
few years back an F.C KPK soldier was arrested from a hiace near attock & found in possession of narcotics, it was in excess of 10kg

2 years back my friend's local M4 with Nato parts was bought from peshawar & transported to Punjab by an Islamabad police constable (friend's license was valid for Pubjab / ICT only)

another friend's goods are moved from peshawar to punjab by F.C guy & sometime by Punjab police official. It pays good money, as charges for transporting a handgun these days is 5k & a rifle is 15k.

For narcotics is more ofcourse

as you said, it's same across the country.
few years back an F.C KPK soldier was arrested from a hiace near attock & found in possession of narcotics, it was in excess of 10kg

2 years back my friend's local M4 with Nato parts was bought from peshawar & transported to Punjab by an Islamabad police constable (friend's license was valid for Pubjab / ICT only)

another friend's goods are moved from peshawar to punjab by F.C guy & sometime by Punjab police official. It pays good money, as charges for transporting a handgun these days is 5k & a rifle is 15k.

For narcotics is more ofcourse

You are spot on. Those are yet considered small things. I ll add another one, non custom paid cars from chaman and torkham are transported to swat and dir as they r allowed there. This transportation is illegal and usually done by police or fc or others. They charge 1 laakh per car, to be driven to skhakot. I know a security forces guy who takes 5 to 10 cars every year, gives him good pocket money and according to him its not drugs n just a car so its ok. There needs to be a serious national level effort to overhaul the police and others.

Gangsters and Criminals in Uniform

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom