What's new

Motivations behind selecting the name 'India' in 1947

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is the operative word. That doesn't change history.

They became Pakistanis yes, no one is denying that.

They are also Afghans (ethnically). I am not calling them Afghanistanis!

there's no such thing as "Afghan" ethnicity but I wouldnt expect a dolt to fully fathom that

You seem confused here. You brought him into the discussion and now are trying to dismiss him.

hey numb nuts, read what i stated. I said he takes pride in the fact that his father originated from Peshawar, Pakistan --i'm just regurgitating what he said

BTW, funny to see the talk of backwardness coming from primitive tribals. Those who think that Polio drops are a Jewish conspiracy.

you fail to convince; especially when many doctors on their own initiative have given (free) polio vaccines to the people there and in other areas....i think backwardness comes from your country where widows get burnt alive as per customs

The tribals would have some of the worst social indicators in the world.

some of them just choose to live very simply...but yes, the indicators do need to improve and that's where I see a role for the newer generations of people since the present lot of politicians are failed

Do all of them have different lineage! I assume they share a common lineage, if not show us the proof.

I don't need to prove or show you anything when you can just do some google searches. A lot of tribes have different ancestry --but we are talking generations, centuries. You have Qizilbashis who originally hail from C.A.R.s; you have Turris who are of Turkic heritgage; you have some Afridis and Khattaks who are rumoured to have some distant Greek origins....it's difficult to trace every tribes heritage but in the end theyre all Pakhtun Pakistanis.

I suggest you read the book "Khyber Rifles"

Trying to convince me or yourself. ;)

i'm just stating facts; i don't need to convince anybody anything because I damn care whether you or your people take or leave what I am saying; makes absolutely no difference to me

Tell it to someone who doesn't know what is happening in Karachi and elsewhere in Pakistan for decades. Who has not seen those Pushtun videos talking ever so lovingly about Pakistan.

such people will exist here and there; misguided people. No representation of the majority

Lord knows how many videos there are of Sikhs, Assamese, and other groups in your country who talk "ever so lovingly" about the hindstany federation

I spend much more time with them. In real life, they are all around me in my city.

good for you

You are not the owner of this forum, so take it easy. Don't try and behave like one.

mr-t-stfu.jpg

it's interesting because when he was doing his little stand up show for Afridi, Gul and gang he told the audience that his father was from Peshawar Pakistan.

Regardless, I wont delve into it much because he isnt a Pakistani citizen nor does he really represent Pakhtun Pakistanis....the guy doesnt even speak Pashto for God's sakes.

Since you brought Up Shah Rukh Khan, it might interest you to note that his parents moved in the opposite direction of partition.
Khan was born in 1965 to Muslim[6] parents of Pathan descent in New Delhi, India.[7] His father, Taj Mohammed Khan, was an Indian independence activist from Peshawar, British India. According to Khan, his paternal grandfather was originally from Afghanistan.[8] His mother, Lateef Fatima, was the adopted daughter of Major General Shah Nawaz Khan of the Janjua Rajput clan, who served as a General in the Indian National Army of Subash Chandra Bose.[9] Khan's father came to New Delhi from Qissa Khawani Bazaar in Peshawar before the partition of India,[10] while his mother's family came from Rawalpindi, British India

Shahnawaz Khan (24 January 1914 – 9 December 1983) was an Indian soldier who is remembered as an officer who served in the Second Indian National Army during World War II and later came to be one of the three defendants in the first of the INA trials in 1946.

Born in the village of Matore, Kahuta, Rawalpindi District, British India, (now Pakistan) Khan initially volunteered to join the British Indian Army in 1940, in the opening stages of the war in Asia. He saw action in the Battle of Singapore before being taken prisoner after the surrender of the city. Although initially reluctant to join the INA under Mohan Singh, Shah Nawaz Khan joined the second INA after the arrival of Subhash Chandra Bose in South-East Asia. He later led the INA forces that participated in the Japanese offensive at Imphal and Kohima, and subsequently rose to be the commander of the second division. Khan also saw action against allied forces in the latter's second Burma Campaign, and surrendered to British troops in Burma. In November 1946, Khan, along with G.B.S. Dhillon and P.K. Sehgal faced trial and was convicted for charges of treason at the Red Fort in Delhi, but intense public support and overwhelming nationalist sympathies forced General Auchinleck to discharge Khan and his co-defendants with forfeiture of pay.

In Independent India, Khan joined the Indian National Congress and came to be a minister for state in Nehru's First Cabinet. Hailing from the Janjua Rajput clan of Matore. His adopted daughter Lateef Fatima was Shah Rukh Khan's mother.

Shahnawaz Khan joined the Congress party after dissolution of the I.N.A. and was invited by Jawaharlal Nehru to join his cabinet for minister Railways and transport (1952-1956) (1957-1964), minister of food and agriculture (1965), minister of labour and employment and rehabilitation (1966), minister of steel and mines and minister of petroleum and chemical (1971-1973), minister of petroleum and chemical and minister of agriculture and irrigation (1974-1975), minister of Agriculture and irrigation (1975-1977), chairman of National Seeds Corporation Ltd, concurrently was the Chairman, Food Corporation of India . He was elected four times to the Lok Sabha from Meerut constituency in 1951, 1957, 1962 and 1971.

there's no such thing as "Afghan" ethnicity but I wouldnt expect a dolt to fully fathom that

I wouldn't expect a primitive tribal to know even basic history. Check any literature of 19th century and see what these tribals were called.

hey numb nuts, read what i stated. I said he takes pride in the fact that his father originated from Peshawar, Pakistan --i'm just regurgitating what he said

Hey dumbo, his father rejected that primitive backward land to come to India.

you fail to convince; especially when many doctors on their own initiative have given (free) polio vaccines to the people there and in other areas....i think backwardness comes from your country where widows get burnt alive as per customs

But they don't blow up worshippers in mosques, girl schools, slit throats of Pakistani policemen and soldiers and so on.

A tribal talking of backwardness is indeed height of optimism.

some of them just choose to live very simply...but yes, the indicators do need to improve and that's where I see a role for the newer generations of people since the present lot of politicians are failed

:lol:

I don't need to prove or show you anything when you can just do some google searches. A lot of tribes have different ancestry --but we are talking generations, centuries. You have Qizilbashis who originally hail from C.A.R.s; you have Turris who are of Turkic heritgage; you have some Afridis and Khattaks who are rumoured to have some distant Greek origins....it's difficult to trace every tribes heritage but in the end theyre all Pakhtun Pakistanis.

I suggest you read the book "Khyber Rifles"

I will try and read the book. In any case, they have little or nothing to do with Indian history and civilization and should keep their noses away from the topic.

i'm just stating facts; i don't need to convince anybody anything because I damn care whether you or your people take or leave what I am saying; makes absolutely no difference to me

I know the facts! I know that after a thousand years of Islam, the Arabs have still not gotten past their tribal loyalties.

Don't make absurd claims that everyone can see through.

such people will exist here and there; misguided people. No representation of the majority

Lord knows how many videos there are of Sikhs, Assamese, and other groups in your country who talk "ever so lovingly" about the hindstany federation

They think the same for you. May be they also think of you as wajib0ul-qatl.

good for you

So predictable. :lol:

7897111.JPG

3335176348_b3f5f49b8e.jpg

0037w55x

shapeimage_2.png

darbar-restaurant-san-francisco.jpg

ZKQxzTan141.jpeg

Note: Most of them have Indian first and then Pakistani. Just in case any one misses the Indian part :lol:

They should not be allowed to use the "Indian" name. They should be sued and packed off.

Well hmmmm gee whiz.....let's recall an earlier post:

That's right. Every pakistani restaurant has to have the Indian tag to survive here. Let him show me one Indian restaurant in US which uses Pakistan's name.

Appears we have ourselves a double-FAIL :coffee:

maybe ya ought to step out and enjoy some fresh air and a cool glass of water and stop making yourself look like a bigger idiot

this is off topic, trolls. But how do you know they're not co-owned by Pakistanis and Indians?

Well hmmmm gee whiz.....let's recall an earlier post:

Appears we have ourselves a double-FAIL :coffee:

maybe ya ought to step out and enjoy some fresh air and a cool glass of water and stop making yourself look like a bigger idiot

I live in the Bay Area and I haven't seen one Pakistani restaurant without using "Indian" in their name boards. Pretty shameful eh? I know right?

Even if that's true, it doesn't mean anything.

They might well be Indian restaurants trying to get Pakistani customers. Or Pakistani restaurants trying to get Indian ones.

Do you understand the basics of business?

I wouldn't expect a primitive tribal to know even basic history. Check any literature of 19th century and see what these tribals were called.

i think the milk you are drinking is primitive and its having some certain negative effects on your brain and thinking; Afghanistan is a diverse and heterogenous country. That is a fact. Like Iran; like Pakistan; and even like your india

Hey dumbo, his father rejected that primitive backward land to come to India.

call it whatever you want; still doesnt change the fact that he mentioned the city and country from which his father hailed.....it's sad to see the treatment meted out to him despite the services to bharat which he had rendered

But they don't blow up worshippers in mosques, girl schools, slit throats of Pakistani policemen and soldiers and so on.

again, youre talking about a small minority of people who dont represent the tens of millions of normal people who despise and loathe their actions. Actions which are NOT the customs or part of the culture incidentally. I would hope the same can be said about the tribals of Jharghand, Orissa and the other parts of northeast which are currently a warzone.

A tribal talking of backwardness is indeed height of optimism.

height of optimism perhaps for some non-self-sufficient slum dweller who knows what real misery is

I will try and read the book. In any case, they have little or nothing to do with Indian history and civilization and should keep their noses away from the topic.

as mentioned earlier, I'm damned proud of that fact!

They think the same for you. May be they also think of you as wajib0ul-qatl.

doesnt affect me at all what they think. I'm not a person who wastes time worrying what others think; though I'm definitely not known as a person who responds well to threats.

anyways, at this point i have no further interest to deal with you. Come back with something useful to argue and yap about. Until then, go take a lil break.

I live in the Bay Area and I haven't seen one Pakistani restaurant without using "Indian" in their name boards. Pretty shameful eh? I know right?

Bay Area of fag-cisco??

Good luck even finding more than a handful of Pakistanis there. Isnt it mostly East Asian immigrants? And i already demonstrated to you that your little theory is wrong --which you had asked me to prove.

a restaurant is a business.....nationalism in such an industry is almost sure not to guarantee you a broadened customer base. Truth be told, I'm happy to see my people do well no matter where it is in the world that they are.

I think what's "pretty shameful" is that we still have bharti twits like yourself, polluting this forum the way you pollute the ganges and apparently the fishermans wharf too!

Bay Area of fag-cisco??

Good luck even finding more than a handful of Pakistanis there. Isnt it mostly East Asian immigrants? And i already demonstrated to you that your little theory is wrong --which you had asked me to prove.

a restaurant is a business.....nationalism in such an industry is almost sure not to guarantee you a broadened customer base. Truth be told, I'm happy to see my people do well no matter where it is in the world that they are.

I think what's "pretty shameful" is that we still have bharti twits like yourself, polluting this forum the way you pollute the ganges and apparently the fishermans wharf too!

I honestly don't care what name they have in their board as long as the food is good. I am just showing dimwits like you how your false pride doesn't work anywhere else.

And yes I used to live in the Gay San Francisco when I studied. The very first Pakistani I met was an Gay guy who came to the hotel I was working in. Wondering if thats you. Heard of internalized homophobia?

I honestly don't care what name they have in their board as long as the food is good. I am just showing dimwits like you how your false pride doesn't work anywhere else.

And yes I used to live in the Gay San Francisco when I studied. The very first Pakistani I met was an Gay guy who came to the hotel I was working in. Wondering if thats you.

i dont know what's funnier....the fact that you KNEW he was gay or the fact that you worked in a brothel...........excuse me, hotel.

chalo khair hai; humein kya..... I hope at least he tipped you for the hot towel and the other hospitality you provided :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom