What's new

Motivations behind selecting the name 'India' in 1947

Status
Not open for further replies.
what a retarded troll....you fail even at trolling, that's how pathetic you come across as a person

typical indian troll with too much time to spare

if Pakistanis pretend to be indian --then maybe you should visit Coney Island in New York (known in New York as ''Little Pakistan'') and see how many of your people are sweeping the floors at Pakistani-owned restaurants which dominate the city.

look at Australia where being an indian is the biggest liability....even Lebanese and Syrian immigrants in that country are targetting you people. And then you talk about Pakistanis pretending to be hindustani??

:rofl:

Pakistani American's standing tall.

Pakistani's in LA having Amir Khan with an award.

Last edited by a moderator:
if Pakistanis pretend to be indian --then maybe you should visit Coney Island in New York (known in New York as ''Little Pakistan'') and see how many of your people are sweeping the floors at Pakistani-owned restaurants which dominate the city.

Ha, you know Indians are the richest ethnic group in American? Look at some of the names of your Pakistani restaurants btw...

What is a name of a famous pakistani restaurant? - Yahoo! Answers

Pakistani American's are pretty rich also -

APPNA - Association of Physicians of Pakistani Descent of North America

APPNA is a charitable organization dedicated to fostering scientific development and education in the field of medicine and to delivering better health care, irrespective of race, color, creed, or gender.

APPNA saves lives and relieves suffering through its participation in medical relief and other charitable activities at home and abroad. Established in 1976, APPNA is one of the largest ethnic medical societies in North America representing more than 15,000 physicians and health care professionals of Pakistani descent serving across the United States and Canada. APPNA with its chapters and alumni networks is the front leader of Pakistani Diaspora.

For over a half century, Pakistani-American physicians are performing their sacred duty in places from small towns to large metropolitans and from the armed forces to the underserved areas. APPNA physicians have actively participated in the relief activities in the aftermath of tragic 9/11, Katrina, Tsunami, 2005 Pakistan Earthquake, and other natural and manmade disasters around the world.

An increasing number of Pakistani Americans work in the medical field. The Association of Physicians of Pakistani Descent of North America, APPNA, has been meeting in various locations across the United States for the past 30 years. There are more than 15,000 doctors practicing medicine in America who are from Pakistani decent.[28] Pakistan is the fourth highest source of IMG doctors in the US[29] and they are chiefly concentrated in New York, California, Florida, New Jersey and Illinois

You're actually proud of your people having a "little Pakistan" in the sh!thole that is Coney island?

everything is relative...the people work hard there and make an honest living. a lot of succesful people there --especially Pakistanis and Bengalis who came with nothing and made something for themself. That's what counts in the end.

You could go to Kings Highway in Brooklyn or Jackson Heights or Astoria where Pakistanis, Arabs, Russians, Jews work side by side.

i'm sure the people in the vast indian slums would find it to be heaven

again --everything is relative. By the way, Coney Island isn't a shithole.

Though I can point you in the direction of Manhattan where every Pakistani restaurant needs the Indian label to get any business...

i know NYC like the back of my hand kiddo..... indian label my A$$

go to W36 & 9th Avenue where a simple Pakistani restaurant (adjacent to an Azad Kashmiri owned chai/mitthai jaga) is. Based on the lines I've seen there they are pulling more weight than any ''tandoori'' or ''arvin curry house'' indian type place -- where they call it indian restaurant but still have burger and fries on their plastic menus

Sweeping the floors...LOL!

even dalits gotta work man :rofl:

Unfortunately, you're fooling no one else....

fu.gif

as we have told u before that there is proof that saraswati river existed in ancient times, in vedas there is talk about saptha sindu which means seven rivers in north westren area of subcontinent. of which 6 rivers are present i.e indus, satluj, ravi, beas, chenab & jhelum but only one is missing which is saraswati which dried many centuries back.

Nonsense. There's the Soan River and several other possibilities.

but u will still not agree on that bcoz the problem is that u have made ur mind that come what may u will not accept that there existed a river named saraswati. i can only suggest u to find more abt saraswati river on internet.

My mind's not made up. You just can't answer it so you accuse me of being narrow minded.

The fact is you claim a massive river dried up. The Rig Veda was composed 1200 BC. We know the Indus River was the biggest river through maps from 500 BC by Herodotus etc.

So by your logic what cataclysmic event happened between 1200 BC and 500 BC that caused the Saraswati to disappear? Did Atal Vajpayee drink it? Huge rivers do not magically disappear.

Did you know theory of migration of people from Sindhu river to Ganges. Thats explains a lot. River used to flow in the thar desert and dried up due to climate change. And you can see today whole area is desert.

And Napoleon and all the people of France packed their bags and headed for Nigeria, all at the same time.

It is a theory. So the Napoleonic Wars are really part of Nigeria's history.

Do you see what I'm getting at?

No trolls on this thread please. Else I will call brother Huang Tsang for his opinions on what the people of Bharat are like ;)

Pakistani American's standing tall.

Pakistani's in LA having Amir Khan with an award.

yeah looks like these guys are also hiding behind bharti identity too! :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
You're actually proud of your people having a "little Pakistan" in the sh!thole that is Coney island? Though I can point you in the direction of Manhattan where every Pakistani restaurant needs the Indian label to get any business....

Indians are the richest most educated minorty in the US...You can quote the achievements of your people from the NYtimes June 21st, 2010 archives

Now go spread your lies to some gullible folks from your own country who will believe any nonsense that comes out of an "america return"...but wait, you already have their attention through this forum

That's right. Every pakistani restaurant has to have the Indian tag to survive here. Let him show me one Indian restaurant in US which uses Pakistan's name.

sure here ya go...and this was just a 2 second google search.....

do ya see any hindstany name or saffron flags around? I can't seem to find any

01-Cuisine-of-Pakitan-Restaurant.jpg

Examiner_002(4).JPG

4988304472_a7050e970f.jpg

imgres

10182798.jpg

food-factory-pic2.jpg

and wrt your specific query

20101231-shaheen.jpg

I cant speak for Afghan citizens, but I assume you were trying to take a cheap jab at Pakhtuns. it's actually the opposite.....even your Shahrukh Khan (an indian by nationality only) still takes pride in the fact that his papa is Pakistani from my city of Pekhawar

Pukhtuns have always been called Afghans throughout history. They are Afghans and the artificial and non existent Durand line created by the British doesn't change anything.

Shahrukh Khan is a proud Indian. So was his father. That they chose to reject Pakistan despite being Muslims and from that area tells us something.

That's all that matters to me. Not his religion or his ancestry.

ask the average person in Kohat, D.I. Khan Kurram or Khyber agency what they think of indian and you will have your answer on a warm plate.

Ask me what I think of them (or other Indians). I don't even give a damn about their existence.

The tribals are supposed to be Arabs as per their own folklore/history. Or a lost Jewish tribe. In any case nothing to do with the Indian civilization and history.

well now you're just being silly.....

i do agree that there are pockets of such nationality people in our tribal areas and theyre up to no good. More often than not -and rest assured, when the military comes across them they either get captured or shot when they put up any form of armed resistance

You didn't get the point. Let me help you here.

If there is an address, an exact location for the rift tearing Pakistan apart, and possibly the world, it is a spot 17 miles (28 kilometers) west of Islamabad called the Margalla Pass. Here, at a limestone cliff in the middle of Pakistan, the mountainous west meets the Indus River Valley, and two ancient, and very different, civilizations collide. To the southeast, unfurled to the horizon, lie the fertile lowlands of the Indian subcontinent, realm of peasant farmers on steamy plots of land, bright with colors and the splash of serendipitous gods. To the west and north stretch the harsh, windswept mountains of Central Asia, land of herders and raiders on horseback, where man fears one God and takes no prisoners.

Pakistan - Photo Gallery - National Geographic Magazine

Read this in full. A fascinating read.

It is clear that the Pushtun tribals are a separate people and civilization from those East of Indus. They were at best marginal to the civilization throughout history. They share more with the other Central Asians than South Asians and should be concerned about them than India or Indian civilization which has little or nothing to do with them.

you should be more concerned about your assamese and Maoist tribals who are blowing a lot of shyte up, kidnapping and engaging in sabotage in your restive northeast!

that's what you should be devoting more time to. Don't ya think? :meeting:

Yes, they are of more interest to me than the Talibunnies or Pushtun tribals. For sure. :tup:

Probably some British origin Pakistanis would find it offensive???

What is that!

Heard of Pakistani origin Muslims going to that kaffir land from their Dar-Ul-Islam, Is there a reverse flow as well?

You're actually proud of your people having a "little Pakistan" in the sh!thole that is Coney island? Though I can point you in the direction of Manhattan where every Pakistani restaurant needs the Indian label to get any business....

Indians are the richest most educated minorty in the US...You can quote the achievements of your people from the NYtimes June 21st, 2010 archives

Now go spread your lies to some gullible folks from your own country who will believe any nonsense that comes out of an "america return"...but wait, you already have their attention through this forum

These people feel they can hoodwink anyone with their lies and falsehoods. Doesn't work!

We all know the reality of these martial people who are being very well taken care by the non martial Muhajirs within Karachi and other places. ;)

They try to be martial on the net, one knows the reality how thousands of them are being killed by the Talibunnies and a few foreigners in their own tribal areas.

Pukhtuns have always been called Afghans throughout history. They are Afghans and the artificial and non existent Durand line created by the British doesn't change anything

Leading up to partition and subsequently, they officially became Pakistanis.....kind of like your tribals and other people throughout your country officially became indian

Shahrukh Khan is a proud Indian. So was his father.

it's interesting because when he was doing his little stand up show for Afridi, Gul and gang he told the audience that his father was from Peshawar Pakistan.

Regardless, I wont delve into it much because he isnt a Pakistani citizen nor does he really represent Pakhtun Pakistanis....the guy doesnt even speak Pashto for God's sakes.

That they chose to reject Pakistan despite being Muslims and from that area tells us something.

his own prerogative....he was keen to visit Pakistan but as usual those underfed malnourished hindutva activists managed to scare him into not visiting our great country. Again, not my problem or concern.

The tribals are supposed to be Arabs as per their own folklore/history. Or a lost Jewish tribe. In any case nothing to do with the Indian civilization and history.

factually incorrect; some do have some distant Arab lineage but there are dozens --perhaps hundreds of different tribes and sub-tribes. However they all speak the same language and share the same customs and honour codes. And like myself and some of the other members on this forum from those areas, we are fiercely proud Pakistani peoples.

You didn't get the point. Let me help you here.

damn proud of that fact; not gonna lie

but South Asia is a huge and loosely worded term. I think that initially yes there was some culture shocks or lack of exposures but due to trade, jobs, entertainment and other factors there is a strong sense of nationhood and in fact Pakhtun or Baloch or Kashmiri or Punjabi and Sindhi have many bonds together that cannot be broken. Of course majority being Muslim it's another aspect that ties us all together and in Islam ethnicity or tribe are not important.

Yes, they are of more interest to me than the Talibunnies or Pushtun tribals. For sure. :tup:

good -- so spend more time focusing on those and less time yapping away needlessly on Pakistan Defence Forum

Leading up to partition and subsequently, they officially became Pakistanis.....kind of like your tribals and other people throughout your country officially became indian

That is the operative word. That doesn't change history.

They became Pakistanis yes, no one is denying that.

They are also Afghans (ethnically). I am not calling them Afghanistanis!

Not sure what you want to argue here.

it's interesting because when he was doing his little stand up show for Afridi, Gul and gang he told the audience that his father was from Peshawar Pakistan.

Regardless, I wont delve into it much because he isnt a Pakistani citizen nor does he really represent Pakhtun Pakistanis....the guy doesnt even speak Pashto for God's sakes.

his own prerogative....he was keen to visit Pakistan but as usual those underfed malnourished hindutva activists managed to scare him into not visiting our great country. Again, not my problem or concern.

You seem confused here. You brought him into the discussion and now are trying to dismiss him.

Yes, some of us don't want our celebrities to have anything to do with Paksitan. Nothing wrong, our prerogative.

BTW, funny to see the talk of backwardness coming from primitive tribals. Those who think that Polio drops are a Jewish conspiracy.

The tribals would have some of the worst social indicators in the world.

factually incorrect; some do have some distant Arab lineage but there are dozens --perhaps hundreds of different tribes and sub-tribes. However they all speak the same language and share the same customs and honour codes. And like myself and some of the other members on this forum from those areas, we are fiercely proud Pakistani peoples.

Do all of them have different lineage! I assume they share a common lineage, if not show us the proof.

damn proud of that fact; not gonna lie

but South Asia is a huge and loosely worded term. I think that initially yes there was some culture shocks or lack of exposures but due to trade, jobs, entertainment and other factors there is a strong sense of nationhood and in fact Pakhtun or Baloch or Kashmiri or Punjabi and Sindhi have many bonds together that cannot be broken. Of course majority being Muslim it's another aspect that ties us all together and in Islam ethnicity or tribe are not important.

OK. :lol:

Trying to convince me or yourself. ;)

Tell it to someone who doesn't know what is happening in Karachi and elsewhere in Pakistan for decades. Who has not seen those Pushtun videos talking ever so lovingly about Pakistan.

I am sure you don't want me to post all that here.

good -- so spend more time focusing on those and less time yapping away needlessly on Pakistan Defence Forum

I spend much more time with them. In real life, they are all around me in my city.

You are not the owner of this forum, so take it easy. Don't try and behave like one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom