What's new

Mother tongue first

Urdu is the first language of majority of Muhajirs. Its native to North India particularly Uttar Pradesh.

Don't confuse the guy, Urdu spoken in karachi is bery neutral and accent free - so you can't just point out a random part of india and say it belongs there. We mixed people are the masters of urdu, and speak the sweetest accent

interesting enough, my gramps and extended familie migrated from a la uttar pradesh and most of them went to Uganda and from there Canada but some decided to stay in a port city called karachie. So this is probably the reason that they can speak urdu still as first langue even though stats reflect 6.8%.

Amie dont get confused, we're more than a bunch of migrants, we have evolved our own unique culture and identity, above all we're Pakistani. Our past is the past and we intend to treat it that way.

Don't confuse the guy, Urdu spoken in karachi is bery neutral and accent free - so you can't just point out a random part of india and say it belongs there. We mixed people are the masters of urdu, and speak the sweetest accent

Amie dont get confused, we're more than a bunch of migrants, we have evolved our own unique culture and identity, above all we're Pakistani. Our past is the past and we intend to treat it that way.

I agree Karachiwalas have created the cocktail culture of different regions which no more looks identical to any region of North India. But I don't agree Karachi accent is sweetest, its still in India.

I agree Karachiwalas have created the cocktail culture of different regions which no more looks identical to any region of North India. But I don't agree Karachi accent is sweetest, its still in India.

It's surprisingly a good merge and well it's just opinion that it sounds sweet to us, normally cocktails like urdu-english hindui-urdu etc sound horrible

I also find the indian urdu accent annoying..

It's surprisingly a good merge and well it's just opinion that it sounds sweet to us, normally cocktails like urdu-english hindui-urdu etc sound horrible

Karachi accent is ok. But not the Punjabi type Urdu, they don't pronounce many words properly often mixing it with Punjabi. Like muamlah gambir hai. Kya kaar raha hai.

The most shytty is the hyderabadi accent..

I am ok with it. People like Hyderabadi Urdu in Indian movies.

Which one, there is no single accent. :blink:

Those accents are the extreme definition of 'accent'

Karachi accent is ok. But not the Punjabi type Urdu, they don't pronounce many words properly often mixing it with Punjabi. Like muamlah gambir hai. Kya kaar raha hai.

I am ok with it. People like Hyderabadi Urdu in Indian movies.

But some funny punjabi words like chawwal are popular here with khiites too
and yea hyderabadi bijari etc are weird even to those who came from those places and settled here :P :D

Those accents are the extreme definition of 'accent'

Native speakers tends to speak it naturally with a slang. Pakistanis only acquainted with Formalized form of Urdu.

i agree with this. Muslims in Uttar Pradesh and Bihar and surrounding regions have also maintained what those people in Pakistan admire about in Urdu, the tehzeeb.

the 45 million Muslims who migrated from the Urdu Speaking Belts of India have lost it in Pakistan largely; but of course there are exceptions.

i agree with this. Muslims in Uttar Pradesh and Bihar and surrounding regions have also maintained what those people in Pakistan admire about in Urdu, the tehzeeb.

the 45 million Muslims who migrated from the Urdu Speaking Belts of India have lost it in Pakistan largely; but of course there are exceptions.

Is it 4.5 million. In India the Hyderabadis, Bihari, Lakhnawi, Bhopali etc. all have their distinct traditions but for Karachiwalas it became mixed of all into a new tradition. Hyderabadi Urdu deviates more from Standard Urdu. In India, people like listening to Hyderabadi Urdu.

Pakistanis seems to acquainted only with formalised Kitabi form of Urdu

Native speakers tends to speak it naturally with a slang. Pakistanis only acquainted with Formalized form of Urdu.

No.........................

Hyderabadi Urdu sounds like crap, no offense...
Seems like I'm listening to a illiterate

Is it 4.5 million. In India the Hyderabadis, Bihari, Lakhnawi, Bhopali etc. all have their distinct traditions but for Karachiwalas it became mixed of all into a new tradition. Hyderabadi Urdu deviates more from Standard Urdu. In India, people like listening to Hyderabadi Urdu.

Pakistanis seems to acquainted only with formalised Kitabi form of Urdu

This is the type of urdu spoken here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSq4wDLIN1k

Back
Top Bottom