What's new

Mother tongue first

ur Mother tongue is Martian:rolleyes1:,you made in Mercury :rolleyes1:n assembled in Venus:girl_wink::meeting:

Where were you - We all missed you so much ? :angry:

@Armstrong
Why you guys have problem with Hyderabadi Urdu. I see lots of people here badmouthing Hyderabadi Urdu

Dunno, dude - I don't even know whats the difference between Hyderabadi Urdu & the one we speak; we, generally, don't bad mouth any language or its dialects - So if some are, I dunno where they're coming from !

Last edited by a moderator:
Where were you - We all missed you so much ? :angry:

Dunno, dude - I don't even know whats the difference between Hyderabadi Urdu & the one we speak; we, generally, don't bad mouth any language or its dialects - So if some are, I dunno where they're coming from !

hmm:girl_cray3::girl_cray3::girl_cray3::cray::cray::cray::undecided:

Thats why I attached the emotion after it ! :blink:

Joke kii taaang tooor diyaa karooo tum loggg ! :disagree:

No...no one's agitating for or against it - We're alright with the way things are, except some of the smaller ethno-nationalist parties but they can't even get a few seats in their Provinces of target, never mind actually forming a Government therein, to do anything really - So its not that high on our priority right now !

Besides most of us teach their languages to their posterity so it doesn't really bother us that much whether the Government does or does not do something - Better Security, Economic Development & the Equitable Distribution of Resources are usually the topics we're bothered about.

And then there are those who cry 'loss of identity' whenever we - the Others - who've switched to other languages don't really like the idea of conforming to their notion of what a Pukhtoon, a Sindhi or a Punjabi is ! Naturally we ask them - Didn't Pashto, Punjabi or Sindhi grow out of other languages ? Won't they, too, grow into some other languages ? As is the case of every language out there ! If yes & one would be living under the rock to not know this progression, then why have a hissy fit when someone, over time or even otherwise, decides to switch to some other language ? Therefore, in my books, a Pukhtoon who speaks Urdu, Saraiki or Hindko (such are many) is no less or no more a Pukhtoon than the one who speaks Pashto as their mother-tongue !

Tumari yeh logic samaj nahi aati... pashto, sindhi and balochi have grown out of other langauges and are going to evolve into other langauges? So you are saying that why sticking so stubbornly to it?...
Ye tou pir may keh sakta hun... That I was perhaps a monkey and has evolved into homo sapien, why insisting on being human when we may evolve into some other species in future?...
As if a langauge can be sythesized in the factories...lets discard urdu and synthesize a new national langauge by combining all regional langauges of Pakistan...kia khyal he bhai?

*off-topic but correct the defination of pashtun in your books, it is universally agreed upon that a pashtun is one who is tribal , who speak pashto and do pashtunwali....
Baloch, punjabi and sindhi have their own definations of themeselves, kindly hamay yeh na batao k hum kia hain aur kia nahi....

Tumari yeh logic samaj nahi aati... pashto, sindhi and balochi have grown out of other langauges and are going to evolve into other langauges? So you are saying that why sticking so stubbornly to it?...
Ye tou pir may keh sakta hun... That I was perhaps a monkey and has evolved into homo sapien, why insisting on being human when we may evolve into some other species in future?...
As if a langauge can be sythesized in the factories...lets discard urdu and synthesize a new national langauge by combining all regional langauges of Pakistan...kia khyal he bhai?

*off-topic but correct the defination of pashtun in your books, it is universally agreed upon that a pashtun is one who is tribal , who speak pashto and do pashtunwali....
Baloch, punjabi and sindhi have their own definations of themeselves, kindly hamay yeh na batao k hum kia hain aur kia nahi....

How many pashtuns are tribals,how many are not multi lingual..... heck how many even practise pashtunwali even in ur country afghanistan..

@Topic... every ethnic group has a right to preserve their language!

How many pashtuns are tribals,how many are not multi lingual..... heck how many even practise pashtunwali even in ur country afghanistan..

@Topic... every ethnic group has a right to preserve their language!

Wise men have told me that not to waste time on arguing with kids. But still...all pashtuns are tribals in a sense that they belong to one of the tribe. Pashtunwali is very broad concept so you even dont know what exactly are you talking about. I speak several langauges , so you can call me multilingual but my primary/mother tongue is pashto, a german who learn pashto doesnt become pashtun...kuch samaj aaya motay dimagh waley?

@Armstrong
Why you guys have problem with Hyderabadi Urdu. I see lots of people here badmouthing Hyderabadi Urdu

No offense but Hyderabadi Urdu does sound a bit weird. Feels like someone is raping Urdu. They should stop calling it Urdu.

Last edited by a moderator:
Except for some South Indian states, I think mainly Tamil Nadu and to an extent Karnataka (Kerala and Andhra are much less militantly anti-Hindi), most Indian states including non-Hindi speaking states use Hindi as a bridge language. Even South Indians when they move to other states for jobs etc. learn and use Hindi. It is not necessary to have a National language, and Indian nationalism is not based on linguistic unity for sure, but if a bridge language has a place in our social fabric, it is obviously Hindi, as the majority of Indians speak and understand it to some extent or the other.

No offense but Hyderabadi Urdu does sound a bit weird. Feels like someone is raping Urdu. They should stop calling it Urdu.

Its different from Urdu. There are certain hit movies because of Hyderabadi Urdu.

o god,u r very racist:undecided:

and u r very stupid

So monkey which dialect of pushto are we going to have for kp, i might want my dialect, you yours and so and so on and lets not forget Mr hazara , so what we gonna do, agreement sounds impossible.

in karachi they speak perfect urdu.

but the irony is that a TAMILIAN is telling us we cant speak URDU properly!
can you even speak hindi?

I know you are a Bohra but u ll be surprised there are pashtun origin people in TN also,Waheeda Rahman was one of them.

I know you are a Bohra but u ll be surprised there are pashtun origin people in TN also,Waheeda Rahman was one of them.

But they ain't the real thing, nothing like a real thing baby.

Back
Top Bottom