What's new

Mother tongue first

it's better for national purposes that all students be required to learn and converse in Urdu

people speak Urdu at school and then go home or hang out with their friends and speak in their native regional languages. I think it's something to be proud of. Being bilingual or tri-lingual is always a good thing.

first and foremost before we delve into a topic that is likely to attract trolls and those against uniformity and national cohesion........

-->

why don't we delve into ensuring that all Pakistani students receive quality education services first; then we can talk later about languages or that stuff. I mean the common man, not "us people" who are relatively more privileged; some of whom were afforded private education even.

it's important to prioritize

But they ain't the real thing, nothing like a real thing baby.

I agree,i have a friend he is Yusufzai and he says others are not pathans.

He was joking but anyway,i get the point.

PS: But one thing,apart from some pure converts who stayed that way,many muslims in India have Arab features,some way or other but these folks dont have that.

I agree,i have a friend he is Yusufzai and he says others are not pathans.

He was joking but anyway,i get the point.

PS: But one thing,apart from some pure converts who stayed that way,many muslims in India have Arab features,some way or other but these folks dont have that.

Only messing with you, pukhtoon are a federation of tribes, iranic , turkic and hephtalite ancestry, if they wanna be like us in tn then good on them.

For Indian member here. What if a tamil family settle in say Gujrat and their kids have 0 background on that state language.Suppose the kid read in a tamil medium school. How will he/she be accommodated in a gov/private school in gujrat?

For Indian member here. What if a tamil family settle in say Gujrat and their kids have 0 background on that state language.Suppose the kid read in a tamil medium school. How will he/she be accommodated in a gov/private school in gujrat?

There are English medium schools everywhere in India. Kids of people having transferable jobs across India mostly study in English medium schools.

There are English medium schools everywhere in India. Kids of people having transferable jobs across India mostly study in English medium schools.

I was talking about someone with complete non-english medium background.

Only messing with you, pukhtoon are a federation of tribes, iranic , turkic and hephtalite ancestry, if they wanna be like us in tn then good on them.

No they cant be like you in a pure sense cuz they have continued to live in a different society,but they are cool guys and they do remember where their forefathers came from.

No they cant be like you in a pure sense cuz they have continued to live in a different society,but they are cool guys and they do remember where their forefathers came from.

i'd ask you to define "pure sense" and "different society" here because to me at least (as a Pakistani AND a Pashtun) it's quite ambiguous

Oh yeah i live in a different society can't be pure in sense but i still remember my forefather, his name was Adam.

So monkey which dialect of pushto are we going to have for kp, i might want my dialect, you yours and so and so on and lets not forget Mr hazara , so what we gonna do, agreement sounds impossible.

I heard about Pashto writers, Poets and singers from Pakistan, what dialect they use.

I even saw Pashto language section in Tolo News.

I heard about Pashto writers, Poets and singers from Pakistan, what dialect they use.

I even saw Pashto language section in Tolo News.

depends on whether they are from the FATA (tribal areas) or from Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.

Every tribal agency has dialectual differences. Kurramwals will speak a different dialect from N/S Waziristan (their dialect is unique only to the Waziristans).

most aristocratic/educated Pashtuns of the general region will usually speak a more "Peshawari" dialect given Peshawar's importance -- nowdays dialects are being mixed with languages so new languages are being formed

I heard in Karachi you have people who mix Pashto, Urdu and even some Seraiki words into one language --- not sure where i read it but it doesnt surprise me

on the whole though, Pashto is a fairly unified language so despite some strange dialectual differences the overall meanings are still the same

The simplest solution is to join a school with CBSE(Central Board) syllabus.

In most states, learning the state's language is not necessary. Some states like Karnataka have more than one native language. Some states offer Sanskrit, French and similar languages. Andhra Pradesh has special native language subject for students of the type you mentioned. The special subjects are of beginners level. But the students have to compensate by taking a tougher English language subject.

Of course these options are available only in decent schools. Those who are very poor or those who shifted to remote areas have to struggle a bit. The combination you mentioned - Tamil medium student in Gujarat - is a very tough one. I feel sorry for such kids :D I guess that is Karma for Tamilnadu state curriculum. It is compulsory to learn Tamil there.

The simplest solution is to join a school with CBSE(Central Board) syllabus.

In most states, learning the state's language is not necessary. Some states like Karnataka have more than one native language. Some states offer Sanskrit, French and similar languages. Andhra Pradesh has special native language subject for students of the type you mentioned. The special subjects are of beginners level. But the students have to compensate by taking a tougher English language subject.

Of course these options are available only in decent schools. Those who are very poor or those who shifted to remote areas have to struggle a bit. The combination you mentioned - Tamil medium student in Gujarat - is a very tough one. I feel sorry for such kids :D I guess that is Karma for Tamilnadu state curriculum. It is compulsory to learn Tamil there.

Tamilnadu state curriculum is offered in both English medium and Tamil medium - Govt. schools have both offerings.

Back
Top Bottom