What's new

Mother faces 5-year prison term for throwing slipper at 38-year-old son

European legislations.
WTF?
Has Turkey accepted LGBT so far or resisted?

This is really sad; old Mother has to go through all this...because this Son (Whimp)...I would just say to this whimp "get a life"...

That's very excessive and a burden on the state and tax payer who'll float the bill for her stay behind bars, assuming she's actually convicted. That's a harsh maximum sentence.

At worst she should get a citation and a warning not to do it again, but potential criminal charges and prison time? Domestic violence is no joke, and here in the Nordic nations our definition is tighter then most countries and we take a more dim view on it, but even this is too much for us. Give her a citation, give her a verbal or written warning and make it clear she isn't to do it again or else criminal charges will be brought against her.

policeDept_sample.jpg

but a potential 5 year sentence, that's excessive and doesn't meet the severity of the crime? Too much.

How is a 5 year sentence even allowed for such a minor thing?

Is this final verdict or is an appeal underway (I hope)?

I am thankful to Allah I am not the father. I would have thrown stones, shoes, sticks or whatever I could have found at the time of hearing. That too at least 50 times so that I could get 250 years of prison term and live peacefully in jail rather than living free while people pointing at me chanting "uncivilized father".

May Allah protect all the parents from such children. May Allah take our souls before we see such behavior from our children.

I support the Mom.... Shame on her son.... reporting a mom........ get a life looser......

In that case my Mom would have to be locked up for life :D

Really stupid on the part of her son.

What kind of a son he is so what if she threw it at him she is his mother :tsk: idiot

I am thankful to Allah I am not the father. I would have thrown stones, shoes, sticks or whatever I could have found at the time of hearing. That too at least 50 times so that I could get 250 years of prison term and live peacefully in jail rather than living free while people pointing at me chanting "uncivilized father".

May Allah protect all the parents from such children. May Allah take our souls before we see such behavior from our children.

What nonsense. Mother has all the right to treat the way she like to her son or daughters because she loves them most. 5 Years of punishment for simply throwing slipper. My father very often insults me and humiliates me.

Cut the BS!

Despite the fact that the legal punisment the prosecutor is demanding may be unjustifiable heck we may even say that what the hell are we looking into after all the crap going on in and outside of Turkey, it is a legitimate decision taken.

The government might be getting even deeper in its Islamic fantasies, yet we are still a secular democratic state as reffered in the Article 2 of the Constitution of the Republic of Turkey which is an immovable part as well, stated by the Article 4.

The point is that rather than the internal situation of the case, it would set a legally fit example for future cases to show parents that making children doesnt give you the right of psychologically and physically harming them that so the kids know their rights. This isn't a tribe where people get to punished by whipping or so (hopefully it wont), it still is a country where the rule of law is supposed to be on the side of the protection of innocent wellbeings especially children. State can interfere on any family, social situation when the freedoms and wellbeings of the citizens are threatened. Even if the case gets dropped, it should highlight a point fir the lawmakers to make reforms on Family Life related Domestic Violence.

Cut the BS!

Despite the fact that the legal punisment the prosecutor is demanding may be unjustifiable heck we may even say that what the hell are we looking into after all the crap going on in and outside of Turkey, it is a legitimate decision taken.

The government might be getting even deeper in its Islamic fantasies, yet we are still a secular democratic state as reffered in the Article 2 of the Constitution of the Republic of Turkey which is an immovable part as well, stated by the Article 4.

The point is that rather than the internal situation of the case, it would set a legally fit example for future cases to show parents that making children doesnt give you the right of psychologically and physically harming them that so the kids know their rights. This isn't a tribe where people get to punished by whipping or so (hopefully it wont), it still is a country where the rule of law is supposed to be on the side of the protection of innocent wellbeings especially children. State can interfere on any family, social situation when the freedoms and wellbeings of the citizens are threatened. Even if the case gets dropped, it should highlight a point fir the lawmakers to make reforms on Family Life related Domestic Violence.
With all due respect... you consider a 38 years old a kid????? he should be ashamed of himself for reporting a mom who is double of his age... what harm would have a plastic slipper caused to this 38 years old baby???? ... your country your rules, but sorry to say this a BS step on the part of her Son....

Back
Top Bottom