What's new

Most racist countries in the world - Map

It's very hard to comment on this study without knowing the methods of their survey. How big was the sample size? Where were those people from? What was their educational qualification? What was their economic background? There are just too many variables. In a country like India changing any of these variables can give you completely different results. I am really curious to know more about this. I am counting on @Roybot to find out more. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
A documentary that shows how skin bleaching creams are multi billion dollar industry in India.

It seems the British left their nasty racism in the minds of the Indians.

Im sure they are really welcoming to our people? NOT!

Well, I may sound idealistic than a realist, but still there is no harm in day dreaming.

I don't think it matters how they treat us in their countries, take USA for example, they attract talent from all over the world, their Black president is a son of a immigrant, in a white majority.

European used to fight each other in Europe, but when they migrated to USA, they were assimilated into one identity, as Americans.

I can think of Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan in Pakistan, his family was Sunni Hazara from Afghanistan if I am not wrong, and he assimilated into Pakistani, society, culture and identity, and his contribution to the world, we all know. I think there is strength in racial, ethnic, diversity provided there is unity.

lol.. A stupid ad that you Rarely see on tv... and i mean like very fukin rarely... the other comic shyt about Pakistani africans sheedis... .. what about the systamatic N govt encouraged racism in india?

India urges its people to appear "whiter" on facebook ..BBC:

http://www.google.com.pk/url?sa=t&r...sXHHtF-e04ounqa_BvQwqSw&bvm=bv.46471029,d.dmg

Has skin whitening gone too far in india (BBC):
http://www.google.com.pk/url?sa=t&r...RD5byDQZ1iaQFsYSDbA8wmA&bvm=bv.46471029,d.dmg

Vogue... only light skin is beautiful in india:
http://www.google.com.pk/url?sa=t&r...v6F_GAZgTkhSWv6UGL3Jafg&bvm=bv.46471029,d.dmg

Indias whitening obsession goes vaginal:

http://www.google.com.pk/url?sa=t&r...NdBwRtWhpZfQo3rJ42GBN6w&bvm=bv.46471029,d.dmg

Bangladeshis like foreigners, always want to help them in BD, there is a program in AXN channel about how fast can you travel ( forget the name) , one episode held in Bangladesh, one group had no money after landing in Bangladesh, then Public gave the group around $400USD when they saw they were out of money, the group was saying that they never saw people like that and we are that racist People according to the report :D

Trying to have fairer (or darker ) skin has nothing to do with racism. Hating is.
Racism is more to do with hatred towards people of another race. Races can be easily identified with color as well as other features(like face, size etc)

Eastern europeans face racist abuse here so do the Irish. Some even call islamophobia as form of racism, although muslims are not a race. (race is a loose term here, its irrational phobia or hatred towards a group of people that can be identified with some common trait, like religion in case of islamophobia).

Pakistan is more tolerant than Germany ? Alright :lol:

And Hong Kong is the most racist place in the world ? @Chinese-Dragon ? Really dude ?

Bangladesh is the most racist country in the world ? :cheesy:

No way.

I've been all over the world, and there is no way that we are near the top of those rankings.

Sure, there is racism against white/black/brown people, and even murders of non-Chinese by the triads and other gangsters.

But those are limited, and in fact we are one of the most cosmopolitan cities in the world, with people of all races and nationalities coming to work here.

Well, I may sound idealistic than a realist, but still there is no harm in day dreaming.

I don't think it matters how they treat us in their countries, take USA for example, they attract talent from all over the world, their Black president is a son of a immigrant, in a white majority.

European used to fight each other in Europe, but when they migrated to USA, they were assimilated into one identity, as Americans.

I can think of Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan in Pakistan, his family was Sunni Hazara from Afghanistan
if I am not wrong, and he assimilated into Pakistani, society, culture and identity, and his contribution to the world, we all know. I think there is strength in racial, ethnic, diversity provided there is unity.

LOL... He was a panjabi... as for others.... no hell no... i really dont want people from other countries living on my land... wh should we welcome those who dont welcome us into their lands? and yeah man your an idealist not a realist..

Pakistan is more tolerant than Germany ? Alright :lol:

And Hong Kong is the most racist place in the world ? @Chinese-Dragon ? Really dude ?

Bangladesh is the most racist country in the world ? :cheesy:

Maybe you should get out of India more often :coffee:

I just look at the colour. "the largest democracy" stands out from the rest. Correct?

check carefully, Bangladesh also included in red color , may be you are facing difficulty because bangladesh is Between two parts of India :P

A fascinating map of the world’s most and least racially tolerant countries

An update from the surveyors...

Update: I’ve heard some version of one question from an overwhelming number of readers: “I’ve met lots of Indians and Americans and found the former more racially tolerant than the latter. How can these results possibly be correct?” I’d suggest three possible explanations for this, some combination of which may or may not be true. First, both India and the U.S. are enormous countries; anecdotal interactions are not representative of the whole, particularly given that people who are wealthy enough to travel internationally may be likely to encounter some subsets of these respective populations more than others.

Second, the survey question gets to internal, personal preferences; what the respondents want. One person’s experiences hanging out with Americans or Indians, in addition to being anecdotal, only tell you about their outward behavior. Both of those ways of observing racial attitudes might suggest something about racial tolerance, but they’re different indicators that measure different things, which could help explain how one might contradict the other.

Third, the survey question is a way of judging racial tolerance but, like many social science metrics, is indirect and imperfect. I cited the hypothetical about Swedes and Finns at the top of this post, noting that perhaps some people are just more honest about their racial tolerance than others. It’s entirely possible that we’re seeing some version of this effect in the U.S.-India comparison; maybe, for example, Americans are conditioned by their education and media to keep these sorts of racial preferences private, i.e. to lie about them on surveys, in a way that Indians might not be. That difference would be interesting in itself, but alas there is no survey question for honesty.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Looks like us Indians, Jordanians, Bangladeshis and especially Hong Kongers are just brutally honest people :lol:

Too bad Indians are so racist.

Well, we Pakistanis are welcoming people with larger hearts so of course we would not be as racist as our dark entity to the east.

check carefully, Bangladesh also included in red color , may be you are facing difficulty because bangladesh is Between two parts of India :P

again you are not "the largest democracy" and are you as "incredible"?

Back
Top Bottom