What's new

Most popular watches

In view of this thread's topic, any details (and thoughts) on the fine watches seen on Nawaz Sharif's wrist?
I wont dare pose any threat to api jamhoriat now, don't you tempt me. :lol:

You are into the value for money category. That is still subjective however look at seiko watches particularly seiko5 range

Under 300 dollars

Seiko SKX007K2
Seiko 5 SNZH53
Seiko 5 SNXS77

Seiko SNXJ89
Seiko SKX175
54vJ3bv.jpg

Seiko SKZ330

Seiko SNZH53, SNZH57 and SNZH51
1fIlUts.jpg

Grand Seiko Spring Drive GMT Chronograph
$13,000
Well thanks, i will keep that in mind :)

You really do not like CASIO?

1328968775355.png
1328975093941.png
1328977974971.png

These do look nice and are in the 300-500 US$ range mostly.

I wont dare pose any threat to api jamhoriat now, don't you tempt me. :lol:

Well thanks, i will keep that in mind :)

You really do not like CASIO?

View attachment 309521 View attachment 309522 View attachment 309523

These do look nice and are in the 300-500 US$ range mostly.
Casio is not even an entry level luxury watch brand. I got the fredrique constant 6 months back for rs65,000. Why would i waste 500 dollars on casio if i can get an entry level brand at 50% off, new. Casio is ok if you are a student or you are a die hard fan of G-shock
dq7ApTO.jpg
7HVc0sC.jpg

JLC have stopped making quartz [battery cell] models... and there are tags or some omegas with quartz movements. Luxury models/brands other than PP, should be manual/automatic and not quartz.

Its a given rule that luxury watches are manual / automatic. Rolex and JLC have inhouse movements I think from day1 whereas others including the holy trinity AP/PP/VC bought movements from jlc or put eta movements till the last decade

Rolex had zenith movements for some time

The same ETA movement can be bought in 300 dollars and also in the 2000 dollar tags. Thats one reason why omega and tags are looked down upon and people try not to buy certain models. That is the reason why tag partnered with zenith to get their el-premero movement for some of their models... before that they were putting seiko and eta movements

the tag calibre36 i.e el-premero movement
CAR2B80.FC6325_TAG_HEUER_CARRERA_CAL36_CHRONOGRAPH_PACKSHOT_2013-Version-2.jpg

Casio is not even an entry level luxury watch brand. I got the fredrique constant 6 months back for rs65,000. Why would i waste 500 dollars on casio if i can get an entry level brand at 50% off, new. Casio is ok if you are a student or you are a die hard fan of G-shock
dq7ApTO.jpg
7HVc0sC.jpg

JLC have stopped making quartz [battery cell] models... and there are tags or some omegas with quartz movements. Luxury models/brands other than PP, should be manual/automatic and not quartz.

Its a given rule that luxury watches are manual / automatic. Rolex and JLC have inhouse movements I think from day1 whereas others including the holy trinity AP/PP/VC bought movements from jlc or put eta movements till the last decade

The same ETA movement can be bought in 300 dollars and also in the 2000 dollar tags. Thats one reason why omega and tags are looked down upon and people try not to buy certain models. That is the reason why tag partnered with zenith to get their el-premero movement for some of there models... before that they were putting seiko and eta movements

the tag calibre36 i.e el-premero movement
CAR2B80.FC6325_TAG_HEUER_CARRERA_CAL36_CHRONOGRAPH_PACKSHOT_2013-Version-2.jpg
well that makes sense. :) I was just of the view that the CASIO ones do look nice. Even if they are not a brand of luxury watches, it do look good.
As i mentioned, I am really not into this watch thing so it is good to pick your brain in this, someone who seem to be an enthusiast.
Talking about watches, there is one that Bear Grylls is wearing in some episodes, that looks good too. Not a fancy party wear off course but a nice machine nonetheless, it is a G-Shock as well i guess.

You can get a Frederique Constant for like 600-800 dollars, that's a good entry level luxury watch.
I am not a watch person yet. May be when I am older. As of now if I am spending 600 bucks for me, it would most likely be a sig P320 or another cz75.

Nomos Orion 35
YdqN65J.jpg

Sinn 903
w1dHrDo.jpg

Steinhart Ocean Vintage Military , Christopher Ward C60 Trident
gCd4wAd.jpg

vTLXq4O.jpg
FQBi6eV.jpg
GwNdF2Y.jpg
K1gILaE.jpg
gZ9ASyg.jpg

Frederique Constant Group has been bought by Japanese watch giant Citizen which is looking to increase its brand portfolio.
http://www.watchpro.com/frederique-constant-group-bought-by-citizen/
The group founded by Peter and Aletta Stas 25 years ago includes Frederique Constant, Alpina and Ateliers deMonaco brands.

Citizen, which already owns Bulova, Arnold & Son and Angelus as well as movement manufacturers La Joux Perret and Miyota, will also present a ready distribution network in the US for Frederique Constant and Alpina’s watches.

Frederique Constant, Alpina and Ateliers deMonaco will be managed as independent brands and companies within the Citizen Group.”

It is not known how much Citizen paid to acquire Frederique Constant Group.

Citizen clearly aims to go into battle against other competitively priced Swiss watch brands, which should include the likes of Longines, Hamilton, Baume & Mercier, and perhaps even Montblanc, Tudor, or TAG Heuer
and get a slice of the highly competitive two- to eight-thousand-dollar segment largely dominated by the aforementioned (and a fair number of other) brands.

J9otJPf.jpg
wN9XTzr.jpg

FnhaFsy.jpg
gisosOA.jpg

------------------------

pYfc7KR.jpg

Pan Europ chrono
tLhtgBY.jpg
0mQgKgS.jpg

1 watch
rolex explorer1

2 watches
rolex explorer2 gmt, omega speed master pro chrono

3watches
rolex explorer2 gmt, omega speed master pro chrono , rolex submariner / tudor black bay

6 watches
brietling navitimer, omega speed master pro chronograph, rolex explorer2 gmt, blancpain fifty fathoms diving, jlc grande reverso, jlc master control,

If rich as %%%% then would add
VC ultra thin overseas, PP calatrava, Lange 1

@Arsalan, my collection has watches from the 3 watch and 6 watch collection. As you mature, try not to end up getting 2 of the same category..The watch price drops to half if you go for used

1 watch
rolex explorer1

2 watches

3watches
rolex explorer2 gmt, omega speed master pro chrono , rolex submariner / tudor black bay

6 watches
brietling navitimer, omega speed master pro chronograph, rolex explorer2 gmt, blancpain fifty fathoms diving, jlc grande reverso, jlc master control,

@Arsalan, my collection has watches from the 3 watch and 6 watch collection. As you mature, try not to end up getting 2 of the same category..The watch price drops to half if you go for used
:)
Well seriously i am amazed you are so much into this dear. I respect your enthusiasm about this, i really do. I hope these details will help people who are so much into watch collection. You have covered a huge range by now with posts here in this thread. :tup:

What i have gained for this discussion is that "rolex explorer1" is for a person like me as I may never develop so much love for watches to buy so many of these. :lol:
One would be enough and for that you mentioned Explorer 1 as first choice. I will study the 1 choice, 2 and 3 watch choice options anyway, just out of curiosity so that when i actually do feel like buying myself a watch i have decided on what to go for. ::)

:)
Well seriously i am amazed you are so much into this dear. I respect your enthusiasm about this, i really do. I hope these details will help people who are so much into watch collection. You have covered a huge range by now with posts here in this thread. :tup:

What i have gained for this discussion is that "rolex explorer1" is for a person like me as I may never develop so much love for watches to buy so many of these. :lol:
One would be enough and for that you mentioned Explorer 1 as first choice. I will study the 1 choice, 2 and 3 watch choice options anyway, just out of curiosity so that when i actually do feel like buying myself a watch i have decided on what to go for. ::)

Watches are art, you gather metal pieces and assemble them together, magic, you have a precise machine that tells you the time with a smile every time you look at the unique dial, my first watch was a Frederique Constant, loved it, I still have
it. it was my main step towards my dream watch which is the Rolex Date-just. I saved up for it, finally last August
I pulled the trigger on one

1 watch
rolex explorer1

2 watches

3watches

6 watches

the Calatrava is such a master piece

King Farouk of Egypt. had a special made PP. you notice the map, Kingdom of Egypt and Sudan.

56428df02ae11.jpg

my first watch was a Frederique Constant, loved it, I still have
it. it was my main step towards my dream watch which is the Rolex Date-just. I saved up for it, finally last August
I pulled the trigger on one
do you have a daily beater watch?

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom