What's new

Most popular watches

Manticore

RETIRED MOD
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Being a watch enthusiast I would like to post the watches which I think are the most popular buys. The buyers think that these models represent their respective companies and can be recognised any where. Even rolex does not hold its value if inflation is factored in, so the cost conscious people should look in the used retailers. These watches can be passed through generations.

Regarding the watches I will post;
Do I like all of them? Well mostly yes.
Would I buy all of them? No. Based on my liking and price, I would try to get one good watch in each particular category
Would people say that you got a good watch from the company line? Yes

I have not included Cartier [santos/tank], PP [calatrava], AP [royal oak], VC [overseas] , Lange [1815] ,Ulysse Nardin nor RW, FC, Hamilton, Casio etc. One end is too costly and the other is not worth passing on to the new generation. I wont post homage watches. There will be come honourable mentions and you are free to give your advice.

They will not fill a hole in your life

The Speedmaster Professional Moonwatch
hGaAN5l.jpg

omega seamaster aqua terra
uojc0dy.jpg

omega seamaster planet ocean
KCZtyNN.jpg

breitling navitimer
rQVmsaT.jpg

breitling world timer transocean
9umQkW1.jpg

longines master collection moon phase
TwAMPoz.jpg

longines conquest GMT
GyDLm18.jpg

hydro conquest, master collection reterograde

blancpain fifty fathoms
Xoe1RC3.png

grand seiko snowflake spring drive
LU6CK46.jpg

JLC reverso

yDAhXhj.jpg
4L8mNyj.jpg

jlc master ultra thin moon phase 39
7TFqf2X.jpg

jlc- deap sea chrono
GaZvaEA.jpg

jlc deap sea, master control

-
IWC big pilot
IXfUoC4.jpg

iwc portuguese
SXOVknk.jpg

zenth pilot type20
CeTAMlv.jpg

zenith el primero
dBg9p5G.jpg

lF4EfAG.jpg

zenith captain moon phase
xBphCdN.png

Breguet Type XX

cjpkAf1.jpg

In terms of rolex, well the submariner/sea dweller and GMT 2 are very popular followed by datejust, daytona paul newman and explorer2

Regarding the watches I will post;
Do I like all of them? Well mostly yes.
Would I buy all of them? No. Based on my liking and price, I would try to get one good watch in each particular category
I will just add 2 of my favs.

1. Citizen ecodrive.
Can charge its battery with any damn light, even tubelight would do. :)
I have been using it since last 6 years now. Oh! it has swaroski crystals too. I luv it.
Its quite a hit in my family.

2. Rado
Been my all time fav.
My mom has a rado which charges its battery by hand movement. I think it was gifted to my mom in mid 80s.
I prefer giving rado as gift.

Ecodrive

Rado

Last edited:

1. Citizen ecodrive.
I have been using it since last 6 years now. Oh! it has swaroski crystals too. I luv it.

2. Rado
Been my all time fav.
My mom has a rado which charges its battery by hand movement. I think it was gifted to my mom in mid 80s.

Ecodrive

Rado

I was actually thinking of buying rado chrono, but got 50% off on new fc - moon phase slim line... as you can see its a cheaper versions of jlc moon phase

VGNtqS8.jpg

Watches like fc, tag should be bought at 50% off sales otherwise they are not worth it

but got 50% off on new fc - moon phase... as you can see its a cheaper versions of jlc moon phase
fan of moon phase watches. eh?
It makes sense too. Is it helpful during eid? :)

I love watches with big dials. I recently bought an ALDO watch from men's section, no its not a big brand, but it has a bigggg dial and a great strap. The sales executive reminded me twice that it was a men's watch.Hehe
But I bought it. :angel:
Here it is.

image.jpeg

Watches like fc, tag should be bought at 50% off sales otherwise they are not worth it
Hmmm
True that.

Last edited:
fan of moon phase watches. eh?
It makes sense too. Is it helpful during eid? :)

I love watches with big dials. I recently bought an ALDO watch from men's section, no its not a big brand, but it has a bigggg dial and a great strap. The sales executive reminded me twice that it was a men's watch.Hehe
But I bought it. :angel:
Here it is.

View attachment 307674
ive a jlc master control moon phase and now fc moon phase--- both are out of sync as i rarely wear either of them

jlc is for only parties etc and fc has a very big dial -----

DGC8PVi.jpg

1. Citizen ecodrive.

2. Rado
Been my all time fav.

Ecodrive

Rado

ecodrive and to some extant tissot watches look like kids shiny toys :devil:

ecodrive and to some extant tissot watches look like kids shiny toys :devil:

Nooooohhhhh

Try these...the metallic strap of the 2nd ecodrive isn't shiny)
Citizen ecodrives, other than having the advantage of charging its battery with any light (yeah any light including bulbs they say), it also has the advantage of being radio controlled. It sets the time automatically when it receives radio signals.
It helps a lot when you're travelling abroad. :)

I am not a fan of Tissot.

8hMoOuP.jpg
Glashutte Original

Nooooohhhhh

Citizen ecodrives, other than having the advantage of charging its battery with any light (yeah any light including bulbs they say), it also has the advantage of being radio controlled. It sets the time automatically when it receives radio signals.

Nooooohhhhh

Oh come on, these are for college going kids. They do not carry the class of Breitling or Omega. I admit Rolex is a bit over rated, but I'd love to own one.

Back
Top Bottom