What's new

Most popular watches

I understand, but please do keep in mind that some people derive great pleasure from owning fine watches, and that pleasure adds enough value to them to justify the expense.
as mentioned, to each his own!! :)
I respect the choice they make!!

as mentioned, to each his own!! :)
I respect the choice they make!!

In view of this thread's topic, any details (and thoughts) on the fine watches seen on Nawaz Sharif's wrist?

Master Grande Tradition Tourbillon from the world’s Grand Maison, Jaeger LeCoultre
WWhdTxg.jpg

I like Obama's watch the best among those. I might even consider it now:

https://www.amazon.com/Jorg-Gray-JG6500-Analog-Display/dp/B002C40I18

Not bad for 300 bucks.
If I recall correctly, most wore rolexes and VC

I would save money for some better looking car.... i just remembers top gear's new episode is up

I am a Vette guy anyway. ;)

(Not to take this thread off topic, but I do not like the new Top Gear.)

Back to the topic, wasn't there a report about NS's love of high end watches?

Those are the gold plated jewelled ones

Yes, complete with big gold rings on several fingers and even a gold-plated tooth here and there. Complete! :D

Any thoughts on the newer smart watches such as these?

https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/wearabletech/wearables/fenix-3-hr/prod545480.html

I am a Vette guy anyway. ;)

(Not to take this thread off topic, but I do not like the new Top Gear.)

Back to the topic, wasn't there a report about NS's love of high end watches?

Yes, complete with big gold rings on several fingers and even a gold-plated tooth here and there. Complete! :D
I wasnt impressed by episode1 either.. it looked the male lead was a sissy boy and the female lead was a tomboy with matt in between them who knows nothing about cars

@Skull and Bones @Manticore
Most of the time I wear a fit bit, I have a couple of citizen eco drives and few diesels, but thats about it nothing expensivo. Every time I think of fine craftsmanship that costs more than a 1000 bucks, inadvertently a Handgun comes to mind instead of a watch. :)

You can get a Frederique Constant for like 600-800 dollars, that's a good entry level luxury watch.

I for one have always believed that "Expensive do not necessarily means better/best"
Quite a researches when it comes to getting products with high value for money, i consider myself quite good at it. So these ultra expensive mobiles wont ever attract me, really.
Just to explain, while most people will like to add a few bucks to the purchase prices of the items they are showing to there friends, i always take extra pride in stating/telling how i got this for relatively low prices due to all that market research and tough bargain :lol:
You are into the value for money category. That is still subjective however look at seiko watches particularly seiko5 range

Under 300 dollars

Seiko SKX007K2
Seiko 5 SNZH53
Seiko 5 SNXS77

Seiko SNXJ89
Seiko SKX175
54vJ3bv.jpg

Seiko SKZ330

Seiko SNZH53, SNZH57 and SNZH51
1fIlUts.jpg

Grand Seiko Spring Drive GMT Chronograph
$13,000