What's new

Morocco's Bollywood dream and obsession

That is hardly the entire planet. Cherry picking YT videos to make your point. A handful of YT channels reviewing Indian movies doesn't mean that the entire planet loves and watches Indian movies.

To even claim that Indian movies are as good as Hollywood movies is like claiming India is a superpower like the US and China. Coincidentally you also claim to be a superpower which you are obviously not.

Many of these YT channels also review Pakistani songs. That doesn't mean that the entire world listens and likes Pakistani music.

Bollywood is a powerful entity which has been able to influence the Arab and north African world. Pakistan should have done much more to forge closer ties with these nations in regards to culture, food, language and tourism. I suppose it's too little too late.

The sad reality is today Moroccans and other Arabs are exposed to watching exaggerated Bollywood war films depicting defeat of Pakistan and Pakistan as an evil terrorist nation. No doubt this will negatively influence their thoughts regarding the 'brotherly' country Pakistan.
Not happening when our thought leaders say stuff as absurd as "ummah chummah." Especially so when our thought leaders lack the intellectual capacity to differentiate the general Arab from Arab rulers.

Not happening when our thought leaders say stuff as absurd as "ummah chummah." Especially so when our thought leaders lack the intellectual capacity to differentiate the general Arab from Arab rulers.

Arab rulers get elected the same way as rulers get elected in Pakistan. There is a sizeable portion of the people that likes to vote for such leaders. Why? Nepotism, greed, corruption and mismanagement. More often the fault lies with the common man than it does with the leaders.

Arab rulers get elected the same way as rulers get elected in Pakistan. There is a sizeable portion of the people that likes to vote for such leaders. Why? Nepotism, greed, corruption and mismanagement. More often the fault lies with the common man than it does with the leaders.
We can blame the common man all we want, but the poor, hungry, and illiterate guy with only a cloth on his back doesn't wield the power here. It's the elites, and the ones directly backing them, i.e., the ones with entitlements, benefits, advantages, etc. That's precisely how systems work in Muslim countries, there's really no point in laying blame to the common man. Common man is here for the ride and food, and that's about it, sadly.

We can blame the common man all we want, but the poor, hungry, and illiterate guy with only a cloth on his back doesn't wield the power here. It's the elites, and the ones directly backing them, i.e., the ones with entitlements, benefits, advantages, etc. That's precisely how systems work in Muslim countries, there's really no point in laying blame to the common man. Common man is here for the ride and food, and that's about it, sadly.

As long as the common man doesn't fight for his own plight no one will. Even God doesn't help those that don't help themselves. It is the rule of the jungle. The reason why Western countries got ahead is because the people took matters into their own hands. The French Renaissance is a very clear example.

As long as the common man doesn't fight for his own plight no one will. Even God doesn't help those that don't help themselves. It is the rule of the jungle. The reason why Western countries got ahead is because the people took matters into their own hands. The French Renaissance is a very clear example.
Yes, but God also explains the reality of the common man, i.e., that those with means should help them wherever they can with charity. Likewise, real change never occurred without a segment of the elite actually turning against the others. In the West, for example, the industrial revolution worked in combination with an imperial foreign policy coupled with the rise of the merchant elite. Even in the time of the Prophet Muhammad (saw), it took the support of Aus and Khazraj in Madina to really reverse the control of Quraysh in Makkah.

It's extremely rare, if ever, the common man ever rose up on their own without a segment of the elite leading them. In general, societies change when every layer -- i.e., the elite, common, etc -- change in thinking together, but in a majority of cases, it is change from the top that triggers change in other areas.

Yes, but God also explains the reality of the common man, i.e., that those with means should help them wherever they can with charity. Likewise, real change never occurred without a segment of the elite actually turning against the others. In the West, for example, the industrial revolution worked in combination with an imperial foreign policy coupled with the rise of the merchant elite. Even in the time of the Prophet Muhammad (saw), it took the support of Aus and Khazraj in Madina to really reverse the control of Quraysh in Makkah.

It's extremely rare, if ever, the common man ever rose up on their own without a segment of the elite leading them. In general, societies change when every layer -- i.e., the elite, common, etc -- change in thinking together, but in a majority of cases, it is change from the top that triggers change in other areas.

The common man is always in majority. If the common has the will to take on established order he can do it. Elites will never come to the aid of common man. The common man needs leadership and guidance. This is lacking. Most common people are like sheep following the herd. Once in a while a leader is born. That time hasn't come yet.

The common man is always in majority. If the common has the will to take on established order he can do it. Elites will never come to the aid of common man.
Bro, this is theory, not historical record.

If a portion of the elite wants to effect massive societal change (e.g., French Revolution), they will need the support of the common man. This is where the two rely on each other. One develops the ideas and carries leadership, and in turn, the other legitimizes it through public will.

If the elites aren't interested in real change, then this conversation about the will of the common man is a non-starter. For thousands of years, empires stood as-is because the common men there didn't rise up -- i.e., Rome, Persia, Babylon, etc -- until the elites among them tried stirring things up. Like even Bani Israel didn't do act until Allah (SWT) literally sent them prophets, such as Musa (AS) and Dawud (AS), to change things.

The difference here is that those elites (especially in the West) love conquest and expansion, while ours are okay with nihari and naan. That is literally it. If our elites can't be bothered to fight at the highest levels, and are okay with sitting in line for visas, then the rest of society will reflect that. But if our elites decide that they had enough being the laughing stock of the world, then yes, things will start changing.

Bollywood has put Indian culture firmly in the hearts and minds of Moroccans. Perhaps this explains as to when my family travelled their for a holiday Moroccans knew very little about Pakistan and everything about India.

Oh well, yes it's true but the blame also lies with us not being able to project soft power. But it also lies with them i.e. not finding out what's going on there with the sanghis.
Anyway you can shatter their Bollywood reality with one video, just send them this, other people have tried this and it worked as a charm. Many of them didn't even know Modi was in charge then i.e. the prime minister with a warm smile and a dagger behind his back.

At the end of the day we need to move on, as in not worry about how much people love India and not love us. You can't win all their hearts and minds. Pakistan only have two strong friends Turkey and China, end of. If things are great with them, then everything else is just a passing concern.

we are talking about bollywood .. some idiot has named our film industry as lolly wood damn ... anyways in all pakistani tv dramas 1 hero 3 laddies and story revolve around them ... we need a change .. after ertagral i think may b some body will attempt to change these trends but currently its in misreble sutuation

Just a reminder, this propaganda is pretty deep rooted inside the Iranian households aswell. I've met a ton of Iranians who believe India to be the epitome of "Peace, Love and all things color" - As disgusted as I was to find out how blinded most foreigners are to the reality of bhartis you gotta give them props for successfully running a psy-op worldwide for decades if not centuries.

Glad its all gone to the shitter now (Thanks to Modi), people aren't buying their koolaid anymore as much as they used to.

Just a reminder, this propaganda is pretty deep rooted inside the Iranian households aswell. I've met a ton of Iranians who believe India to be the epitome of "Peace, Love and all things color" - As disgusted as I was to find out how blinded most foreigners are to the reality of bhartis you gotta give them props for successfully running a psy-op worldwide for decades if not centuries.

Glad its all gone to the shitter now (Thanks to Modi), people aren't buying their koolaid anymore as much as they used to.

Its not just Iranians,Arabs or freaking "Goras" anyone outside of Pakistan practically have this opinion of India being that image tho I noticed a trend on the far right here that they call them Pajeets but Modi is tarnishing their brand but in the last decades we should have exported our soft power

Oh well, yes it's true but the blame also lies with us not being able to project soft power. But it also lies with them i.e. not finding out what's going on there with the sanghis.
Anyway you can shatter their Bollywood reality with one video, just send them this, other people have tried this and it worked as a charm. Many of them didn't even know Modi was in charge then i.e. the prime minister with a warm smile and a dagger behind his back.

At the end of the day we need to move on, as in not worry about how much people love India and not love us. You can't win all their hearts and minds. Pakistan only have two strong friends Turkey and China, end of. If things are great with them, then everything else is just a passing concern.

With China and Turkey on our side, we don't need anyone else. That's the honest truth.

Back
Top Bottom