What's new

Morocco chooses the UH-64 Apache

The SC

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Canada
It has apparently won against the T-129 and AH-1Z viper..
The negotiations are going on for around 20 AH-64 Apache attack helicopters..made by Boing

http://fr.le360.ma/politique/exclus...helicopteres-dattaque-americains-ah-64-168976

621-hellfireii_dagr-missle_rrp.jpg

This decision did not come as a surprise to many who were following these deals for a while.. Since Boing is constructing one of its biggest airplanes manufacturing plant in Tangier north of Morocco:

The negotiations are going for around 20 AH-64D Block II or III, which will cost about $ 1.4 billion with full armaments, spare parts and training.

elicotteri-apache.jpg

Last edited:
1.4 billion for 20 choppers, Morroco don't even need that chopper. A tank killer overkilled with extreme expensive maintain and feul costs.

1.4 billion for 20 choppers, Morroco don't even need that chopper. A tank killer overkilled with extreme expensive maintain and feul costs.
It needs it for deterrence mostly, but for effectiveness if need be.. Morocco needs it.. it does not have any attack helicopters..just a few very old platforms..it needs a backbone for its attack helicopters strength.. it can then build a helicopter force around that..Maybe with Vipers and/or T-129 later.. but the need of the hour seems to be the Apache..

I asked for this. What will these moroccan helicopters do? :)

I asked for this. What will these moroccan helicopters do? :)
20 Apaches in a combined military operation, be it offensive or defensive can stop armoured enemy advances or at least disrupt and disperse them.. they can be used in conventional conflicts army vs army as well as in asymmetric warfare..these are very powerful attack platforms..and very very sophisticated..in terms of design, avionics, electronics, radars, ECM.. and mostly the weapons they can carry and their load capacity ..

Last edited:
@0 Apaches in a combined military operation, be it offensive or defensive can stop armoured enemy advances.. they can be used in conventional conflicts as well as in asymmetric warfare..these are very powerful attack platforms..and very very sophisticated..

yeah i know that apache is nirvana among attack helikopters but I do not think Morocco can use this helicopter efficiently. even maintenance costs are very high.

yeah i know that apache is nirvana among attack helikopters but I do not think Morocco can use this helicopter efficiently. even maintenance costs are very high.
What do you know about Morocco?
It bought 10s of billions worth of weapons in the 70s when there was a war in the Sahara desert with some Militia named POLISARIO supported then by Algeria and Libya.. this went up and escalated to direct confrontations between the Moroccan armed forces and the Algerian ones, with the militias on the sides and Libya behind..Do you know what tens of billions US in the 70s..? that should give you aclue about Moroccan capacities.. lately it was concentrating a lot on improving the economy and other facets of life in the country, but seemingly they are following a parallel policy of bettering the economy and protecting it at the same time..

This might give you an idea where they are at for now:

Morocco is the Arab leader in aviation manufacturing

What do you know about Morocco?
It bought 10s of billions worth of weapons in the 70s when there was a war in the Sahara desert with some Militia named POLISARIO supported then by Algeria and Libya.. this went up and escalated to direct confrontations between the Moroccan armed forces and the Algerian ones, with the militias on the sides and Libya behind..Do you know what tens of billions US in the 70s..? that should give you aclue about Moroccan capacities.. lately it was concentrating a lot on improving the economy and other facets of life in the country, but seemingly they are following a parallel policy of bettering the economy and protecting it at the same time..

This might give you an idea where they are at for now:

Morocco is the Arab leader in aviation manufacturing

I hope so. I mentioned the needs of Morocco. Not from Bombardier and safran plants.

Last edited:
I hope so.
It is doing quite well..and quietly..:lol:
Investments in Africa worth more than a $100 billion..a lot of Foreign investments coming in from Canada, the US, the GCC and Europe .. China in building a whole Chinese city, with an industrial Zone in Tangier again, that is where the Mediterranean sea meets the Atlantic sea.. a very strategic spot..

It is doing quite well..and quietly..:lol:
Investments in Africa worth more than a $100 billion..a lot of Foreign investments coming in from Canada, the US and Europe .. China in building a whole Chinese city, with an industrial Zone, in Tangier again, that is where the Mediterranean sea meets the Atlantic sea.. a very strategic spot..

I mentioned the needs of Morocco. Not about assembly lines of bombardier and Safran. :)

I mentioned the needs of Morocco. Not about assembly lines of bombardier and Safran. :)
I was showing you the capacities of Morocco as I see and follow in the news.. there are a lot of ToTs in those manufacturing lines being transferred, as well as training and education.. not only assembly.. this was a policy followed by Morocco in order to open its doors to foreign companies plants..assembly lines, R&D centers.. and much more..
As for the military needs.. go back a few posts and you should find out..they were stated clearly..
Or i can ask an innocent question here.. what are the needs of Turkey for getting the F-35 . or even the US.. with no apparent enemies!?

I was showing you the capacities of Morocco as I see and follow in the news.. there are a lot of ToTs in those manufacturing lines being transferred, as well as training and education.. not only assembly.. this was a policy followed by Morocco in order to open its doors to foreign companies plants..assembly lines, R&D centers.. and much more..
As for the military needs.. go back a few posts and you should find out..they were stated clearly..
Or i can ask an innocent question here.. what are the needs of Turkey for getting the F-35 . or even the US.. with no apparent enemies!?

it's easy. I guess you are Canadian and Nato Member? Turkey is NATO's buffer..

nato-membership-in-europe-economist.png

Attachments

• nato-membership-in-europe-economist.png
    nato-membership-in-europe-economist.png
    769.5 KB · Views: 1,354
Last edited:

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom